Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight not in squad....

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fosters headband said:
These are the players you quoted and you will see that Leon is only marginally better than Mark McGammon.

FFS. There is more than goalscoring to a striker's game ... most people who follow football have come to realise this.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I totaly agree Toad but at the end of the day the game is about who can score the most goals wins, no use having a strikers who can create without anyone who actually puts the ball in the net.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Which is where CKR, Jake, Hammond etc. must do more. Knight should certainly be scoring, but the onus is less on him, more on others who lack his creative talents.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
How do you work that out?
Leon was brought to the club as the goal scoring replacement for Zamora. Now there's a player that could create and score for the club.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
fosters headband said:
How do you work that out?
Leon was brought to the club as the goal scoring replacement for Zamora. Now there's a player that could create and score for the club.

He is hardly a player than scored goals, he has 3 goal in 19 games this season! It looks even worse if you put last seasons stats against it!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Great, let's bring him back.

Leon's greatest strengths are in creating, others' are (supposedly) in goalscoring. Knight can and does score, but he's not the only one who should carry this burden, as parts of this thread would have you beleive.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nobody would score a sackful when their midfield isn't providing the ammunition.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
dougdeep said:
Nobody would score a sackful when their midfield isn't providing the ammunition.

True, it's obvious Leon is a talent - I wonder how he would get on if he was in a better team?

*sitting at keyboard awaiting roasting! :lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
gvce26 said:
True, it's obvious Leon is a talent - I wonder how he would get on if he was in a better team?

That also is an interesting statement.
I wonder why no better teams have tried to sign him, are all these managers blind to talent?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
fosters headband said:
gvce26 said:

That also is an interesting statement.
I wonder why no better teams have tried to sign him, are all these managers blind to talent?

:lolol: Proberly becuase he is a striker who does not score goals! :rolleyes:

Repugnant Toad said:
Which is where CKR, Jake, Hammond etc. must do more. Knight should certainly be scoring, but the onus is less on him, more on others who lack his creative talents.

Leon isn't the only one in the team not scoring enough, but he should carry the burden as much as anyone else.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:

Hammond should do more? He has score the same amount of goals as Leon in three less games!

Knight = Centre Forwards
Hammond = Central midfielder

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He's also missed some big chances; Sheff Utd, Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff. Though he has scored as well. Perhaps less him, then, but the other strikers who have underachieved.

Essentially, I'm agreeing that Leon should be scoring more - he'll know that better than anyone on here - but while the rest of his game is so good, I'm not too concerned. Unfortunately, he's one of the NSC designated scapegoats, so gets more than his fair share of criticism.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
He's also missed some big chances; Sheff Utd, Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff. Though he has scored as well. Perhaps less him, then, but the other strikers who have underachieved.

Essentially, I'm agreeing that Leon should be scoring more - he'll know that better than anyone on here - but while the rest of his game is so good, I'm not too concerned. Unfortunately, he's one of the NSC designated scapegoats, so gets more than his fair share of criticism.

Leon is a lot more experienced than the other youngsters.
If anyone gets more criticism than others on Nsc then it is Oatway (but that's a different story)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here