Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight, give him a trial?

Should we give Leon Knight a trial?

• Total voters

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Not at all, but only IF he played for the team, not himself, IF he gave the manager 100% respect, IF he did the same with the fans, IF he kept his gob shut when dealing with the press, IF he acted less like a prick off the pitch in general and IF he wanted to play in "that shoebox" again.

I think there might be a few too many IF's there to make the decision viable. Leon, you were a legend until you pressed self destruct. Everyone can change, but you'd have to change your entire personality to be welcome here. I'm sorry, but I can only think bringing you back would be a recipie for disaster for the dressing room, the manager and what he is trying to do. It's a total non starter.

This. Obviously. Disagree with this and frankly you know nothing about management of any kind.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Looks like he's already had a trial
gc.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would have said YES about FIVE YEARS ago.

But not now. He is a SPENT force unfortunately.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Give him an 'attitude' trial, bring him in for a few weeks, wind him up, mess him up, and see how he reacts. Let Oatway judge whether he's changed as much as he says he has, and then IF he's a changed 'man' give him a year.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
All those threads recently suggesting introducing rep and what not to make it easier to see which user's opinion is worth listening to, just need to look at the poll results from this thread. Anyone in the Yes category are clearly are not that bright.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Purely on the basis that people should have the chance to atone for their mistakes, I would say yes. But a) I don't thimnk it would happen and b) I believe the majority of fans would not want him back - which would make it almost impossible.

is most likely the right answer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Give him an 'attitude' trial, bring him in for a few weeks, wind him up, mess him up, and see how he reacts. Let Oatway judge whether he's changed as much as he says he has, and then IF he's a changed 'man' give him a year.

'attitude trial'

:facepalm:

WHY BOTHER ?
I think I'd prefer Gus focus his time and attention on some promising potential new signings, NOT washed-up basket-cases like Leon.

You must realise he's not on the footballing scrapheap at 27 by accident. The guy has issues. He's an accident waiting to happen, and is poison in the dressing room. And you want him to have an 'attitude trial' on the offchance that he's not mental any more ? He'd be a HORRIFIC signing, so it'd be a complete waste of time giving him a trial, 'attitude' or whatever.

Given his catastrophic career history, I am genuinely flummoxed at the number of people happily willing to give Leon another chance here.

Amazing.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
'attitude trial'

:facepalm:

WHY BOTHER ?
I think I'd prefer Gus focus his time and attention on some promising potential new signings, NOT washed-up basket-cases like Leon.

You must realise he's not on the footballing scrapheap at 27 by accident. The guy has issues. He's an accident waiting to happen, and is poison in the dressing room. And you want him to have an 'attitude trial' on the offchance that he's not mental any more ? He'd be a HORRIFIC signing, so it'd be a complete waste of time giving him a trial, 'attitude' or whatever.

Given his catastrophic career history, I am genuinely flummoxed at the number of people happily willing to give Leon another chance here.

Amazing.

Thankfully, nobody at the club would ever consider it. There are still enough people around who were there when lickle Leon was at his stroppiest. It is astounding how stupid football fans can be at times isn't it? Let's get a known trouble maker back here on trial despite the fact that he's managed to piss off every club he's ever been at and hasn't scored a goal in frigging ages.:facepalm: Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We've taken worse players on trial in the past...

Problem players like Gary Roberts, no mark non leaguers, Nigerians nobody's ever heard of.

This time last year this thread was on the board:

5 Trialists - North Stand Chat

We are always taking on shit/washed up players on trial. The good news is that when they are on TRIAL we can just say "no thanks, on your way son." Which is probably what would happen IF (and this is a hypothetical thread) Leon Knight did return on trial.

For me it's not so much a Leon Knight issue, rather an issue of the attitude of many posters on here that being on trial somehow means you've already got a foot in the door.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Problem players like Gary Roberts, no mark non leaguers, Nigerians nobody's ever heard of.

This time last year this thread was on the board:

5 Trialists - North Stand Chat

We are always taking on shit/washed up players on trial. The good news is that when they are on TRIAL we can just say "no thanks, on your way son." Which is probably what would happen IF (and this is a hypothetical thread) Leon Knight did return on trial.

For me it's not so much a Leon Knight issue, rather an issue of the attitude of many posters on here that being on trial somehow means you've already got a foot in the door.

Knowing what we already know then, can you just explain to me exactly what the POINT would be of offering him a trial here ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Amazing.
I'm not being funny or anything and obviously mean no disrespect to anyone at all - as Michael Jackson said to Paul McCartney, I'm a lover not a fighter - but...take a quick look at who's voted in favour of giving lil' Leon a trial...putting it as nicely as I can: we hope that there might be some more NSC's Mastermind candidates and University Challenge winners in their ranks but let's see what gives on that front...

Oh and Bozza who's clearly being IMPISH.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

generally you take on a trailist to see what they are about and if they have had "problems", if you can do something about them. the difference here is we KNOW all about Leon, he played with Oatway for 3 seasons FFS. there would be no point to a trail.

i wouldnt even want him to train with the squad, just in case he polluted the atmosphere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am just wondering what part of 'the club doesn't want anything to do with him' passes so many people by so catastrophically?

Giving Leon 'a trial' has absolutely no merit.

None.

Whatsoever.

It was meant as a bit of fun, never gonna happen as stated on the very 1st post. I am amazed at the number of people who have voted and also how many would not only let him through the club doors again but then give him a trial as well :lolol:

Maybe we have a larger than average share of masochists supporting this club?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or retards?

You might want to call Bozza a retard but he does run this show for very little thanks, I don't think I'll start throwing abuse as well :p

I can only imagine Leon on Skype has a winning way about him :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You might want to call Bozza a retard but he does run this show for very little thanks, I don't think I'll start throwing abuse as well :p

You may think that, but I know him, and Bozza IS a retard. Just ask Lokki.

Carry on.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If he was a good player with an attitude problem, there might be some merit in offering him a trial to see if he's changed. But the fact that he hasn't scored any goals, really, for FIVE YEARS or so should make people realise that even if he was Jesus's second coming, he's not what we want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here