Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
i missed the first half. What happenned to MacAlli - didnt hear his name until it was to substitute him!

Think he ran out of steam but was really good in the first half.
Going to be a good player for us.
Trossard was weak on the ball by comparison and Stephens was poor. Kept giving the ball away( one timing forcing Duffy to make a yellow card tackle) and gives away too many free kicks.
Maupay and Connolly were really good first half but neither have any chances against the likes of Evans with high balls pumped out of defence which we were forced to do a lot in the last 30 minutes.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There are many beautiful things in football - a slick, one touch passing move cutting a defense to ribbons, a sumptuous touch, an outrageous piece of skill, a mazy run gliding past several players but there are times when there is no finer sight than seeing Shane Duffy smashing the bejeezus out of the ball with his head. Particularly when he's sprinted 20 yards to do it.

I fear it's a sight we're not going to see too many more times in a Brighton shirt but it was great to see it tonight. Although I hope Webster is not seriously hurt and is available for next week.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Phil Neville calling Lamptey “a star in the making” and awarding him MoM on NBC Sports.

Imagine having a young talented, pacy, fullback in your team.
Then imagine having Bruno Saltor on your coachig staff to mentor him...

too good to be true?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I quite like lockdown football.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think you must be confusing me with someone else, I have always backed Potter to the max, because I can see has a future and isn't scared to take risks.

This IMO both these attributes were missing in Howton.

Come on the Albion.:banana::albion2:

Apologies.

I think you are probably right there.
Mistaken you for Spence fr some reason.

Must be the lager.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fair point, but I did get almost runover by the band whilst doing some architectural restoration work on Grove end Rd, as they were marching over the wrong zebra crossing nearby in 2006.

A close friend of mine, who was also a very good bass player once told me that in his gig bag was a spare set of bass strings that he had carried for over 50 years.

I asked him if he had ever used one. Oh yes, he replied proudly. When the exhaust fell off the van 30 years ago we used one of them to tie it back on. I always suspected there must be a reason to have a bass player in a band :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm still not convinced Maupay/Connolly together is a good thing.
Mac Allistair should be used to the heat . . . But probably not top half PL pace. Different gravy.

Despite my own criticism, I do like Solly March . . . .he's a great utility player and gets a job done. I'm still slightly frustrated , as a left footed player, he didn't kick on . . . .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree he does an ok job defending, but we need more from a winger than just being a good defender. The problem is when he comes on you know we are not trying to score.

Apart from the equaliser he set up at Arsenal the game before last ???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm still not convinced Maupay/Connolly together is a good thing.
Mac Allistair should be used to the heat . . . But probably not top half PL pace. Different gravy.

Despite my own criticism, I do like Solly March . . . .he's a great utility player and gets a job done. I'm still slightly frustrated , as a left footed player, he didn't kick on . . . .

Agree with you o Connolly & Maupay. Connolly isn't quite ready yet.
Would like to see Murray & Maupay for 45-60 and the brig Connolly on as a impact sub.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm sure I've seen Soyuncu before? Was he the bass player in Lordi? At the eurovision song contest.

No, but he was definitely Richmond in The IT Crowd.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
This 5 subs business really does play in to the hands of teams with strong squads. Tremendous to hold off Leicester in those final 20 mins. Some of our boys were running on empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here