Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Very happy with a point, no point dwelling on the missed penalty as you never know, it could have inspired Leicester to score 2 and we'd have come away with nothing, 4 points from our first 2 games back is a brilliant return. A week to rest and train before our next game is a welcome bonus, blooded the new boys as well, literally in Lamptey's case, which is decent.

Lamptey MOTM for me, to see him nick the ball off of Vardy and then get away from him caused an argument with the missus as she's trying to get the baby to sleep.
Yeah this, exactly. We would have been penned all game you just know it!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Quick browse on Foxes Talk suggests the Lesta fans aren't a happy bunch. They were pretty shocking though to be fair considering their position and having Europe to play for

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Very, very happy with that. Should probably have won, a poor pen for me but hey ho.

Dropped too deep in 2nd half, around 60 to 80 mins, which was worrying. Not going to trouble their defence if the whole team is camped in our own third.

Stephens and Mooy looked shagged out. Loved Lamptey and Macalister.

All in all, a top effort.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree he does an ok job defending, but we need more from a winger than just being a good defender. The problem is when he comes on you know we are not trying to score.

Got to take offence to that.

Millwall FA Cup he changed the game.
Arsenal 3 days ago, his corner ad subsequent cross get us back into the game.
Very strong defensively, decent going forward.

He gets way too much egative comment because he isn't tearing teas apart 1 in 4 like Knocky did.
But he is way, more cosistent (without hitting the heights)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Suddenly it all looks like its coming together. We have successfully integrated a number of good young players into the squad and the summer should see 2 or 3 more coming into play. Results have been getting better and I think we are only a couple of players from being a very good side...

To get a performance like that out of such a young side bodes well for the future

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We were fantastic until Bissouma went off. Understandably he was shattered so had to go off but it’s no coincidence our performance tailed off a bit when he went off.

Fast becoming our most important player.

He's fast become a very importnat player, but so have others . . . . . Or, what we're starting to see ( I hope) is the fruition of Potterball .. . . New players integrating with existing old and new players . . .we have a squad . . . I quite like that we don't have a guaranteed 1st team, and that predictability, but a 20+ squad you can pick a competitive team of almost any formation/style from.

After the last 2 games I almost expect to see something different against Manure . . . Give Ole a headache. Can't wait

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quick browse on Foxes Talk suggests the Lesta fans aren't a happy bunch. They were pretty shocking though to be fair considering their position and having Europe to play for

First half we played them off the park.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got to take offence to that.

Millwall FA Cup he changed the game.
Arsenal 3 days ago, his corner ad subsequent cross get us back into the game.
Very strong defensively, decent going forward.

He gets way too much egative comment because he isn't tearing teas apart 1 in 4 like Knocky did.
But he is way, more cosistent (without hitting the heights)

Doesn’t dive, get petulant and stand there waving his arms about when things don’t go his way and hasn’t ruined a game and the next 3 by flying in recklessly either......

In many ways would rather have the reliability of a solid 6.5/7 pretty much every game than anything from a 4 to a 10. If Knocky had Solly’s temperament or Solly had Knocky’s mercurial skill either would be 30m players.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Doesn’t dive, get petulant and stand there waving his arms about when things don’t go his way and hasn’t ruined a game and the next 3 by flying in recklessly either......

In many ways would rather have the reliability of a solid 6.5/7 pretty much every game than anything from a 4 to a 10. If Knocky had Solly’s temperament or Solly had Knocky’s mercurial skill either would be 30m players.

Yep..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here