Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really good point and performance from the team and more green shoots of some serious talent in the youngsters.

Really positive stuff

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Excellent and deserved point. Very impressed with the debut of Lamptey. Very confident with not a hint of nerves, showed good pace & looking like an old pro rather than a teen on his debut. Looks an excellent prospect.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Good point. Even if we scored the pen there was a good chance Leicester would equalise after being behind for 80 mins even if they didn’t look that dangerous imo. We offered nothing in the last 25 minutes against their strongest team. We were the better team before that. Lamptey is class and is going to get much better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’d have taken a point all day long before. Lamptey my MOM. Subs took the pace out of us. Gutted about the pen but would have been a totally different game if we’d put it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good point. Worth two with goal difference.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Another point, maybe if we'd scored the pen they would have come back stronger but I'm not unhappy. This'll give us confidence in the difficult fixtures ahead.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Very happy with a point, no point dwelling on the missed penalty as you never know, it could have inspired Leicester to score 2 and we'd have come away with nothing, 4 points from our first 2 games back is a brilliant return. A week to rest and train before our next game is a welcome bonus, blooded the new boys as well, literally in Lamptey's case, which is decent.

Lamptey MOTM for me, to see him nick the ball off of Vardy and then get away from him caused an argument with the missus as she's trying to get the baby to sleep.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Solid point

Good to see Potter rotating, Lamptey has done enough to show Potter he fits in and can be trusted (No.2 is justified)

Week to rest the whole squad

No injuries

Man Utd playing twice before they play us

Pressure is on all those below us now

Not a bad couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well done lads! Great performance, said I'd take the draw before the game regardless. Maupay was unlucky, Schmeichel is a really good keeper

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I agree with Bobby Z, it was a poor penalty.
Still, I would have taken a point before the game.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Excellent point.

Fantastic debut for Lamptey. If that's the baseline we can expect from him we've solved our right back problem.

Ally Mac had a decent game too. Living up to the expectations.

I said after the Arsenal game that I'm enjoying the more pragmatic approach that Potter is taking. No way we would have got that point in the first two thirds of the season, we were too wedded to the ideals of dominating the ball and playing an open expansive game.

Leicester would have scored several goals in that second half if we'd have continued being so open but Potter has found a sense of pragmatism without sacrificing our footballing principles. First half we played some really good football and were the better side. Second half we were under the kosh but we were organised, hard working and resilient and kept Leicester at arms length for the most part.

Great work by the team, good management by Potter and an excellent two games work.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Very decent point. Only frustration was Stephens who kept giving the ball away and putting us under pressure. Love his effort but he lacks the quality under pressure.

Lamptey looked very promising and will be an attacking threat once we have more possession.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
that's a fantastic point. I think if you offered 4 points from these two games a week ago then most would've bitten your hand off. shame about the missed penalty, but that happens sometimes, sure maupay will bounce back. anyway, it's not as if we could say we'd have won it if that pen had been scored, as it was so early on and there was still so much football to be played.
in terms of an all round performance, I actually thought we looked better today than on saturday, I think our shape without the ball was a million times better and our midfield linked very well. even better was dunk avoiding a booking again, keeping him in the team. only downsides were that injury to Webster and Stephens and mooy, both of whom i thought were really poor, but other than that a fantastic job.

and a special note of applause for lamptey, who was mercurial. think we have a gem on our hands here :clap2:

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have to be happy with 4 points against Leicester and BludFam. We showed today that we are good enough for this league.

D

Deleted member 2719

We shouldn't fear anyone in this league like we used to.

We are a good tight outfit.

Attachments

• Tight out fit.png
    Tight out fit.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 216

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'll give you consistent, and he is versatile, but we are slowly raising our game, and as much as I'd like to see it, he doesn't appear to be getting better with it.

Every team needs a Solly March.

He is not our match winner. He is not our flair winger. But by god he does a job for us.
As i said before, those that don't get it never will. But no manager will let him leave us. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here