Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nemesis said:
Leeds are practicing their new chants ready for next season, starting with "We are the champions, Johnsons Paint Pot Champions".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wise is simply trying to be clever here though.

Instead of the post match attention being on yet another poor Leeds performance and a dismal defeat to local rivals, Wise successfully manages to divert the press attention on to another matter entirely.

Not to mention absolving himself of any blame for the loss.

PS I know fans can get passionate, but the Leeds fan on Six-0-Six on Saturday night who said he was in tears at their current situation- FFS, get a grip man!

:ohmy:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Leeds are utterly pathetic at the moment. I went up there on Sat, and I think for the first time in ages I wanted to walk on to the pitch and throttle someone.

Make no mistake we are going down. We are poor. On a good note, when Carole came on, we really started to play. God only knows why he isn't playing more often when our right hand side is considerably weak.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Too big to go down...my arse, bigger they come, harder they fall.

If anyone deserves a spell in the wilderness its dirty Leeds.

Incidentally, this feeling may be related to my fat Leeds supporting ex-boss who attempted to hump my girlfriend, and then when she refused hounded her out of her job.

I was sacked when, after I found out, I decked the c*nt.

Goodbye Leeds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a shame West Ham didn't draw Leeds in the FA Cup, because neither of them can buy a win.

The tie would probably have finished 4-4 after extra time with 8 own goals and all penalties missed. Then when the ref tosses the coin to decide who goes through it would probably disappear down a drain!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
robbied69 said:
God only knows why he isn't playing more often when our right hand side is considerably weak.

Too busy with his dodgy car importing malarkey!

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Pavilionaire said:
It's a shame West Ham didn't draw Leeds in the FA Cup, because neither of them can buy a win.

The tie would probably have finished 4-4 after extra time with 8 own goals and all penalties missed. Then when the ref tosses the coin to decide who goes through it would probably disappear down a drain!

Ha ha its so true, i support West Ham and my boyfriend is Leeds so we are symphathising with eachother at the moment.

larus

I've always liked the 'ammers. I think this goes back to the '70's/'80's when they always tried to play good football. Never adopted the long-ball game and have always tried to bring players through.

I don't understand why so many seem to dislike them. I can understand the rivalry with say Arsenal / Tottenham fans and them, but Brighton fans I can see no reason for.

I would like them to stay up, but it's not going to happen.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
edna krabappel said:
Wise is simply trying to be clever here though.

Instead of the post match attention being on yet another poor Leeds performance and a dismal defeat to local rivals, Wise successfully manages to divert the press attention on to another matter entirely.

Not to mention absolving himself of any blame for the loss.

PS I know fans can get passionate, but the Leeds fan on Six-0-Six on Saturday night who said he was in tears at their current situation- FFS, get a grip man!

:ohmy:

Inka see what your saying Edna, but I'm not sure the words "Denis Wise" and "clever" have been used in the same sentence many times before

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
sunshine said:
Ha ha its so true, i support West Ham and my boyfriend is Leeds so we are symphathising with eachother at the moment.

Noooooo! tell me it isn't true!, I was prepared to overlook your boyfriend as a barrier to our love...however now that I learn he is Dirty Leeds, I think you will have too much baggage!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
sunshine said:
You're not my aunt and uncle by any chance are you? :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure who i am going to enjoy seeinf go down more.
Leeds or West Ham

I know where you're coming from, but it's Leeds for me.

I don't have any personal grudge against them, I just think it's great for football to have some of the so-called bigger clubs dropping down the leagues, and Leeds being in League One would be far more dramatic than West Ham in the Championship, again. And I'd LOVE to see some of the bigger Premiership clubs get relegated- Newcastle, Everton, Spurs etc would be hilarious in the Championship.

It boosts the lower divisions appeal, and it gives the football elite a kick up the arse, not to mention a healthy dose of reality. I've heard a few Leeds fans on phone ins etc saying at least if they go down, they can look forward to winning lots of games next season.

Wouldn't bank on it guys- historically, the big fish in League One have struggled to get out, certainly at first. Look at Nottingham Forest (still there), Man City (squeaked up via the play offs), Sheffield Wednesday (ditto, after a couple of years), QPR. None of them tore up the division following relegation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
edna krabappel said:

I don't have any personal grudge against them, I just think it's great for football to have some of the so-called bigger clubs dropping down the leagues, and Leeds being in League One would be far more dramatic than West Ham in the Championship, again. And I'd LOVE to see some of the bigger Premiership clubs get relegated- Newcastle, Everton, Spurs etc would be hilarious in the Championship.

It boosts the lower divisions appeal, and it gives the football elite a kick up the arse, not to mention a healthy dose of reality. I've heard a few Leeds fans on phone ins etc saying at least if they go down, they can look forward to winning lots of games next season.

Wouldn't bank on it guys- historically, the big fish in League One have struggled to get out, certainly at first. Look at Nottingham Forest (still there), Man City (squeaked up via the play offs), Sheffield Wednesday (ditto, after a couple of years), QPR. None of them tore up the division following relegation.
Agree with everything except that QPR are not a big club and never have been. We're bigger than they - or certainly will be soon. :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
edna krabappel said:

Also the fact they have gash players, any good ones will be off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
Agree with everything except that QPR are not a big club and never have been. We're bigger than they - or certainly will be soon. :thumbsup:

I just meant that by the general standards of League One, they were a big club, who were surprised to find themselves at that level when they went down.

Compared to the likes of Cheltenham, Orient, Brentford, Oldham etc, QPR were a relatively big fish- lets face it, if you were a Torquay fan the season they got in League One, you'd be marginally more excited at beating QPR than you would Blackpool I think.

For that reason I'm DESPERATE for Leeds to go down. To face 46 matches of endless renditions of "you're not a big club any more", getting drawn against Farsley Celtic in the first round of the FA Cup, and huddling round the radio to hear the second round (Northern Section) draw of the Johnston's Paint Trophy.

Altogether now:

"We're the famous Leeds United and we're going to Sincil Bank/ Sincil Bank!/ Sincil Bank!"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
edna krabappel said:
I just meant that by the general standards of League One, they were a big club, who were surprised to find themselves at that level when they went down.

Compared to the likes of Cheltenham, Orient, Brentford, Oldham etc, QPR were a relatively big fish- lets face it, if you were a Torquay fan the season they got in League One, you'd be marginally more excited at beating QPR than you would Blackpool I think.

For that reason I'm DESPERATE for Leeds to go down. To face 46 matches of endless renditions of "you're not a big club any more", getting drawn against Farsley Celtic in the first round of the FA Cup, and huddling round the radio to hear the second round (Northern Section) draw of the Johnston's Paint Trophy.

Altogether now:

"We're the famous Leeds United and we're going to Sincil Bank/ Sincil Bank!/ Sincil Bank!"

And Ken Bates "living the dream"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, Leeds, but if you do go down, it will unquestionably be one of the most celebrated relegations in the history of football.

Nothing personal, but most football fans will just LOVE it, it's human nature to want to bring people down a peg or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here