Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds sell out?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Leeds has undergone massive regeneration and is fantastic city. It's had a Harvey Nicolls amonst other boutiques for over a decade now. Not exactly a sign of poverty then.

Buzzer, I'm genuinely surprised that you have seemingly concluded that Leeds is a shit hole. It certainly isn't. Have you actually been there recently?

OF course I don't think it's any worse than any of those types of cities. It's a wind-up, pure and simple.

I really hate Leeds though. Stems from seeing their fans in action that bank holiday in Bournemouth when I was down there staying with a girlfriend at the time. They were absolute f***ing animals. Pissing in front of kiddies, punching anyone and I mean anyone they wanted, robbing, sexual assault, you name it, they did it. And their team is managed by a little **** and their chairman is a huge **** as was Risdale before.

I did stay in Chapeltown a few times when a mate was at Uni in late 80s-early 90s and that was grim but then again so was Bradford and Sheffield.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
OF course I don't think it's any worse than any of those types of cities. It's a wind-up, pure and simple.

I really hate Leeds though. Stems from seeing their fans in action that bank holiday in Bournemouth when I was down there staying with a girlfriend at the time. They were absolute f***ing animals. Pissing in front of kiddies, punching anyone and I mean anyone they wanted, robbing, sexual assault, you name it, they did it. And their team is managed by a little **** and their chairman is a huge **** as was Risdale before.

I did stay in Chapeltown a few times when a mate was at Uni in late 80s-early 90s and that was grim but then again so was Bradford and Sheffield.

My Aunt use to stand in the West Stand at the Goldstone with a friend and there were 3 Leeds fans who just started having a p*ss, the old bill did nothing. It echos the above.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
My Aunt use to stand in the West Stand at the Goldstone with a friend and there were 3 Leeds fans who just started having a p*ss, the old bill did nothing. It echos the above.

Leeds are a bullying brigade. Witness that they choose the softer towns to 'show-off'.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We sold out at the end of July. There have been 15 tickets available this week that were returns. All snapped up within minutes.

Interesting. What company received the money then? I seem to recall there was a doubt that you would have a club at that point.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Interesting. What company received the money then? I seem to recall there was a doubt that you would have a club at that point.

Leeds don't sell tickets in the way every other club does.

We have three batches. Batch One (away games until the end of Oct) Batch two (away games until the end of Feb) and Batch Three (the rest of the season.)

Brighton was in Batch One and those tickets were available to be ordered from July 9th. Every application is put into the system (season ticket holders and members only in two piles) and allocated first come, first served. 85% to the season ticket holders the rest to members. There were enough applications by something like July 27th to sell out your end. the club then debit the money for your ticket as and when each game rolls around.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

I'm not surprised it was grim. It's the red light district. The Ripper did several murders in that area.!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not surprised it was grim. It's the red light district. The Ripper did several murders in that area.!!

It's also a big student area - hence my mate being there but thanks anyhoo Yorkie :thumbsup:. Another reason to hate Leeds - they were the clever chappies that sang 13-0 to the police during the Ripper's reign. Pleasant blokes, ain't they?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
i just hate leeds i remember one time they were down kicking in a lad of maybe 16-18 took ten of them oh arn't they so hard...... tossres

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's also a big student area - hence my mate being there but thanks anyhoo Yorkie :thumbsup:. Another reason to hate Leeds - they were the clever chappies that sang 13-0 to the police during the Ripper's reign. Pleasant blokes, ain't they?

Some of them are.(massive generalisation there Buzzer)
The ones I worked with were great.

I didn't like Leeds fans singing about the Munich disaster back in the 70's. I thought it was appalling. Unfortunately some fans are like that and it isn't have just Leeds fans either. :down:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
they are - at least 6 leeds fans i know of have got tickets in the south stand as they live in sussex
There's a sign outside the South Stand entrance that states that fans found in the wrong part of the ground will be removed. I wonder how rigorously this rule will be enforced on Saturday?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There's a sign outside the South Stand entrance that states that fans found in the wrong part of the ground will be removed. I wonder how rigorously this rule will be enforced on Saturday?

It depends if they get found out. If they keep quiet, then they are left alone but I've seen away fans being thrown out.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I do think the way Leeds fans are absolutely crowing about their success in League 1 (!) is cringe-worthy, boasting about their attendances etc. Wigan would wipe the floor with them currently, as would Reading, Fulham and all those other bigger same-sized clubs.

Kind of reminds me of, well, NSC back when we were playing Rochdale, Mansfield and Leyton Orient......???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It depends if they get found out. If they keep quiet, then they are left alone but I've seen away fans being thrown out.

I remember a Cardiff(?) fan getting thrown out. The 'gent' got coke thrown over him and the girlfriend got thrown out shouting something like 'I'm from Brighton'. Presumably Eastern Brighton going by her actions and accent.

I managed to avoid detection at West Ham for most of the game, until the elderly gentleman next to me said "Bad luck. They didn't turn up today by the look of things".

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I remember a Cardiff(?) fan getting thrown out. The 'gent' got coke thrown over him and the girlfriend got thrown out shouting something like 'I'm from Brighton'. Presumably Eastern Brighton going by her actions and accent.

I managed to avoid detection at West Ham for most of the game, until the elderly gentleman next to me said "Bad luck. They didn't turn up today by the look of things".

I remember the Cardiff fans too, they were right in front of me.
When we played Sunderland we had two blokes from Finland next to us (H block) who were fans. They had flown over especially for the game. Decent blokes too and none of us told the stewards.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
its sold out now says the official site

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here