Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Hughes loan

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Edit, he didnt get caught, he went to the police station and turned himself in

er........while I vote yes as I think that the law says that he has served his sentence, I'm afraid his "turning himself in" was something of a technicality and somewhat belated...........he was not and quite probably is not a nice man on a personal level even if he is a consistent goalscorer

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am intrigued to know how the two of them would have been great mates last season. They were not team mates last year, they come from different parts of the country and are 10 years apart in age. I'm just wondering under what circumstances they would have regularly met in order to become best mates.
Dogging i think.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Would love him here, defintaly better than Forster, Dickinson, Davies, Hart and probally better than Murray. If we wanna stay up we need good players.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I'd rather be relegated thanks.

So you would rather losing all of our half-decent players & the probability of starting Falmer in league 2? If you would you are a bit of a tit.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Ridiculous. It's not a choice between either, sign Lee Hughes on loan, or, get relegated. We've got good enough players to stay up this year, and we will.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I am intrigued to know how the two of them would have been great mates last season. They were not team mates last year, they come from different parts of the country and are 10 years apart in age. I'm just wondering under what circumstances they would have regularly met in order to become best mates.

god knows! - think Hughes was playing for Oldham at the time, Fraser had just played a game for Brighton that day. Embassy club Burlington street Mayfair. I said that I was an albion fan and Fraser specifically asked if I used NSC and that I don't post anything about it on NSC....now that he's left. Not an issue. :wave:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
ill have ben davies quality player

Not just picking on you here, but whats the point of saying 'that Ben Davies is a good player' and 'I'd love Scmeichel to come here'? The transfer windows just finished, both will be on fairly big wages and neither would ever come to us!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I am sure this Lee Hughes saga has been done to death on here over the years. But, I will re-iterate my stance that I think that he has served his time and deserves to continue his career. If he signed for the Albion, I would have no problem supporting him, particularly if he banged in the goals to keep us up.

Absolutely

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Has been repeated numerous times before, and I understand he's served his time and all that but I just can't stomach the thought of him dancing and celebrating on a football pitch, let alone in a Brighton shirt. By all means he should now get on with his life but I don't think he should be in the public spotlight.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think the people, including myself, who'd rather not have him here may have been a little more forgiving if he'd actually done anything since the incident that indicated he had genuine remorse (visited the victim's family, worked with an appropraite charity or organisation, campaigned against drink driving). From what I've heard he's still the same arrogant shit that he was before who thinks the world owes him a living. So no thanks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yeah, let's bring him in.

Then he can go for a tour of the Falmer site. With all that steel he might feel at home.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Personally, I think he has committed a crime, served the penalty we deem appropriate and must now be allowed to get on with his life.

Indeed. He served his time and has appeared to show a lot of contrition. He acted with extreme cowardice at the time of the crime, but not evil. And for those of you calling him a murderer, seriously, get a grip.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
So some of you want rid of Cox because he goes out drinking and has apparently a bit of cockiness about him and some of you are pleased that Dickinson has gone because he is indisciplined and has broken a curfew or two but you would be ok with Lee Hughes coming in?

No, I'm glad Dickinson is elsewhere because he is SHIT. Couldn't give a flying f*** what he does on a Saturday night.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He was red carded last night for a 2nd yellow card offence - bundled the Grimsby goalie and the ball into the back of the net :lol: Davies was playing last night with a back injury so might be on the physio's table for a while.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I think the people, including myself, who'd rather not have him here may have been a little more forgiving if he'd actually done anything since the incident that indicated he had genuine remorse (visited the victim's family, worked with an appropraite charity or organisation, campaigned against drink driving). From what I've heard he's still the same arrogant shit that he was before who thinks the world owes him a living. So no thanks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/aug/30/payingthepenalty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here