Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Hughes loan

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You don't have to make friends with the chap, but he'd be the difference of stayin up or going down.
I fail to see why.
Aside from anything else both Forster and Murray are better strikers.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Personally, I think he has committed a crime, served the penalty we deem appropriate and must now be allowed to get on with his life.

The most common sense answer so far!

But hey, this is NSC so nothing short of castration and public hanging is appropriate for all the "holier than thou" brigade on here

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ben Davies and Kasper Schmeichel could both more than do a job, Ben Davies is a good goal scoring midfielder which is what we could do with. Would rather not have Lee Hughes on our books as Forster and Murray are good enough.
Also, Ade Akinbiyi for a big target man ???

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
So some of you want rid of Cox because he goes out drinking and has apparently a bit of cockiness about him and some of you are pleased that Dickinson has gone because he is indisciplined and has broken a curfew or two but you would be ok with Lee Hughes coming in?

As for Schmeichel, positionally he is the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen that appears to be rated by many. He may well improve but at this moment in time...

No thanks x 2.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The most common sense answer so far!

But hey, this is NSC so nothing short of castration and public hanging is appropriate for all the "holier than thou" brigade on here

FFS there is nothing 'holier than thou' about feeling uneasy cheering for someone who was responsible for killing people. It's a natural human reaction.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

So some of you want rid of Cox because he goes out drinking and has apparently a bit of cockiness about him and some of you are pleased that Dickinson has gone because he is indisciplined and has broken a curfew or two but you would be ok with Lee Hughes coming in?

As for Schmeichel, positionally he is the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen that appears to be rated by many. He may well improve but at this moment in time...

No thanks x 2.

but hughes does the business, thats all that matters

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Yeah why not, When's Marlon King out? He could do a JOB.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Flipping heck, what a coincidence! A few of us were having the same discussion about the lovely Mr Hughes yesterday afternoon over drinks. :eek:

I must say I've got a real problem with his past tbh, but he's exactly the sort of player who would bang the goals in for us. God, I hate these bleedin' moral dilemmas innit. :annoyed:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
but hughes does the business, thats all that matters

no it isnt. we need team spirit. we need players with integrity and spirit. we need someone to come in to be the catalyst for all these apparently talented individuals to gel together and to become more than the sum of their parts (think cullip 2001, oatway at the same time, Brian horton, thnk whoever)

Regardless of what he did and whether he's paid his debt to society, Lee Hughes is a c**t.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
no it isnt. we need team spirit. we need players with integrity and spirit. we need someone to come in to be the catalyst for all these apparently talented individuals to gel together and to become more than the sum of their parts (think cullip 2001, oatway at the same time, Brian horton, thnk whoever)

Regardless of what he did and whether he's paid his debt to society, Lee Hughes is a c**t.

Shall we put you down as a 'maybe' then hon? :wink:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I've got no morals so would be delighted to see him here.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Behave, if we signed him and we stayed up because he scored the winner in our last 5 games then of cause EVERYONE would cheer!

Like others have said, he made a terrible terrible mistake, its not as if he went out and thaught "Im going to crash into a family driving home tonight" did he?

Yes he was very stupid to get in the car after a skinfull, yes he was very stupid to run away after the crash but he got caught, did his time, and now he is allowed to carry on with his life.

Id happily cheer for him if he signed!

Edit, he didnt get caught, he went to the police station and turned himself in

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
May have had more chance last season as one of Lee Hughes last season as one of his best mates is Super Tommy Fraser. Met them in a club in London once :thumbsup: - Hughes was a friendly bloke.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
May have had more chance last season as one of Lee Hughes last season as one of his best mates is Super Tommy Fraser. Met them in a club in London once :thumbsup: - Hughes was a friendly bloke.

Bullshit. :laugh:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I am intrigued to know how the two of them would have been great mates last season. They were not team mates last year, they come from different parts of the country and are 10 years apart in age. I'm just wondering under what circumstances they would have regularly met in order to become best mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here