Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Barnard!?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I heard he was going to Crawley, but he's better than League one IMO. I think he'd be a decent signing, if Murray was to come as well then I'd be very happy.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I heard he was going to Crawley, but he's better than League one IMO. I think he'd be a decent signing, if Murray was to come as well then I'd be very happy.

Nightmare outcome. Signing TWO strikers that arn't good enough to get us promotion. Would rather we combined the budget and got one player who could make the difference.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I don't know why people are so quick to write him off ? Has always scored goals wasn't really given much chance last season due to form of others and injuries and a lot more realistic than a lot of names mentioned on here recently
Might be worth a punt especially if it's a loan with a view to longer nothing to lose

Another sicknote?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
- 5ft 10"
- 0 goals in 9 games last season
- Injured pretty much all of last year
- Unproven in the Championship
- worse goalscoring record than Barndoor Billy

Yep - just what we need

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You have hit the nail on the head he is a natural goalscorer who can win the ball in the air a similar type player to Murray and as has been said wages should not be a problem. Wasn't he still at Spurs when Gus was there or had he gone to Southend.

With you on this. Excellent movement, good finisher, would still like another forward - but would love Barnard in our squad.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No better than CMS
Not a target man
No record of goals at this level
Dodgy character

I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this one if it's true.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
If you check talkSaints on twitter its on there too, I think this might actually be happening! Not a bad addition at all!!

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
I agree if he's fit and we can keep him fit and the rest he will score goals no doubt but he's not exactly the tall strong target man everyone expected

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
talkSAINTS @talkSAINTS
7h
Lee Barnard is off to Brighton. Gives us a little £££ to put towards a CB and any other transfers. He would never get to play. #Saintsfc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here