Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Barnard!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You mean the one who we paid £800k for who is a good player of whom a lot was expected but is permanently injured. I would love to have him in th side if he was fit for more than 7 days.

£500k I believe...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There you go! What lead to Hull's goal? Barnes trying to cover for Bruno who had gone walk-abouts!

We would have been better-off getting average full-backs to do their jobs, using our wingers, and spending as much as possible on a striker who can hit the net!

Even though a good quality full back like Bruno cost nothing as he was a free? Any player can make a mistake and that mistake was costly.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Even though a good quality full back like Bruno cost nothing as he was a free? Any player can make a mistake and that mistake was costly.

Nothing? Are you trying to be serious? What about the signing-on fee, agent's fees, wages etc.? I am not blaming him as an individual, if you read through the thread, we were having a debate about the question of wing-backs in general, and how they lead to compromises and the other team scoring. The Hull goal simply illustrated my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here