Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Barnard!?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wouldn't surprise me, there has been interest in him from us before now.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Always scores against us, can hold the ball up which I think I what Gus means when he talks about a target man rather than some massive lump.

Not massively exciting but he isn't a bad player, one bad season with injuries and his court case doesn't make him crap.

Certainly rather have a player with something to prove rather than one dropping down and going through the motions

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Ribas
....Bobby Zamora
........Roque Santa Cruz
.............Michael Owen
..................Emile Heskey
.........................Glenn Murray
...............................................Lee Barnard

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This rumour has the ring of truth about it. If we had got him last season I would have been quite excited. Now Im not so sure. Hes still pretty young though so I would expect him to get over last season. Whether he is an improvement on what weve got Im not sure and he is NOT a target man.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would be happy with this,he is a lively player and scores goals.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ryan Barnard ‏@R_Barnard
Lee off to Brighton... Not a bad move at all!! #saintsfc #BHAFC #YouHeardItHereFirst

Maybe he meant Rob Lee...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ribas
....Bobby Zamora
........Roque Santa Cruz
.............Michael Owen
..................Emile Heskey
.........................Glenn Murray
...............................................Lee Barnard

Would take any of the top 5 to be honest.

D

Deleted member 22389

We need to be happy with whoever we get in. Gus has said that most goal scorers are out of our price range in this division.

At the end of the day we still have the biggest scoop of last season CMS and I really do hope things turn around for him this season.

We also have Barnes, Hoskins when he gets fit again and also Agdestein who has real potential. Adding Lee Barnard would be a real positive.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ifs its a loan while we sort out other targets, whats the problem ?

Lets take a look, he might be very good and the perfect foil for CMS.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Seems like this ones happening for real then, not a bad move in my opinion, he might not be prem quality but he's scored goals wherever he's been.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Seems like this ones happening for real then, not a bad move in my opinion, he might not be prem quality but he's scored goals wherever he's been.

At lower league level like CMS. According to his stats, he got 0 in 9 for Stains last year. Can't we afford a proven Championship/Premiership standard striker, or is all the money spunked on poxy Wing Backs?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If this is cover until Hoskins gets back then fair enough. I would hope Poyet is looking to bring a better standard of player in than Barnard, to be honest.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Nick Turrell ‏@Goringstrawb
[MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]curryer seems Lee Barnard cd be on his way along the coast. Saints have said he can go even tho he signed 3 yr contract in 2011 #bhafc

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Quote from SaintsHub

In July 2011 Barnard signed a new contract with Southampton, keeping him at the club until 2014. He spent the first few months of the 2011/12 season on the sidelines, making his first competitive appearance from the bench against Crystal Palace on October 25th 2011. Barnard made a few more sporadic appearances throughout 2011/12, but never looked anything like a capable Championship player. In fact, you barely even noticed him the few times he ventured onto the field. Barnard was cleared assault in April 2012.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Gus -

“I wanted to get Lee Barnard and (Jason) Puncheon in January, because I knew they were available, but I couldn’t even pay half what they are earning at Southampton.

“I know Lee Barnard very well because I played with him in the reserves, coming back from injury at Tottenham. He was a proven goalscorer with Southend but I couldn’t get him. "

Albion can't afford proven goal-getter From The Argus)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Gus -

“I wanted to get Lee Barnard and (Jason) Puncheon in January, because I knew they were available, but I couldn’t even pay half what they are earning at Southampton.

“I know Lee Barnard very well because I played with him in the reserves, coming back from injury at Tottenham. He was a proven goalscorer with Southend but I couldn’t get him. "

Albion can't afford proven goal-getter From The Argus)

May 2010 !!! Surely we need a higher standard now ??!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here