North stand 90th minute - :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Attachments

• empty seats.jpg
    empty seats.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 61

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Well at least now some ppl have realised why ppl leave early - I hate doing it and don't if I'm in the middle of a row - but if I'm near the end of the row and not going to disturb anyone - I will and if I get the fire drill song sang me then so be it - it doesn't make me less of a fan than my brother or son who ride motorbikes to the Amex and stay to the end to clap the players off.

I'm loving the Amex though - the comfy seats, the atmosphere, still think that it's a shame there is not somewhere you can take the kids in to have a coffee if your early - with so many youngsters it would be good to have somewhere - I noticed today they had entertainers to keep the kids happy - is this something new or was I later than usual today - I saw some weirdo referees buggering about outside the shop - haven't noticed them before?????

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
There are still so many issues especially with trains... I only live in hove there was a 4 carriage train at 130 which we couldn't get on so got bus... Ques at brighton were mad but got on another 4 carriage train... we tend 2 stay 4 a drink after game 2 let it all die down a bit... got 2 brighton no problem but then 45minute wait 4 next train got back on the 7 bus which was turning people away... I don't know why southern don't have 2 or 3 trains waiting have extra carriages and just get rid of the worst of it... I know its not the clubs fault but it seems that the trains have now got their money 4 the travel vouchers but are not providing the service.don't like 2 moan but it can be resolved so easily. Rant over great game and a great 3 points!

had the same problem at hove the train pulled in i dont think a single person got on it

got a taxi to brighton station in the end

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Really appreciate everyone's point of view and reasons for leaving early but these threads, after every home game, are becoming a tad repetitive n'est-ce pas?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
My kid doesnt whine she just needed a wee bless her and if you get to the stadium too early there is not a toilet for you to take them - luckily the guy on the 1901 let's us go up there for a wee!! These kids are the fans of the future and should have somewhere to have a hot chocolate. At the palace game I didn't take her so was able to sit in Dick's bar with my hubby and have a drink in the warm - it makes things much easier not having a child in tow but she loves her football - loves the Albion - is proud to be a Brighton fan and I feel It's my duty as her mum to instill in her the importance of supporting the Albion!!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was surprised by how many people used the injury breaks of tanno and noone to pop to the toilet. Entire gangs of people around me rushed out, it had many people looking around to see if something else was going on.

Doc

Aug 15, 2011
I use the Seagull travel coaches when getting home quickly is important, they cost a few quid more but they get me back far quicker the train ever will. Only use the train when I don't mind staying for a beer.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
So, the reason for leaving early is crap transport

I don't revall whole stand emptying at the Goldstone, at Priestfield or at Withdean when the transport arangements could hardly be described as "state of the art".

Transport for me was fine, don't mind a bit of queueing , happy to wait. Went and had a beer....

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
My kid doesnt whine she just needed a wee bless her and if you get to the stadium too early there is not a toilet for you to take them - luckily the guy on the 1901 let's us go up there for a wee!! These kids are the fans of the future and should have somewhere to have a hot chocolate. At the palace game I didn't take her so was able to sit in Dick's bar with my hubby and have a drink in the warm - it makes things much easier not having a child in tow but she loves her football - loves the Albion - is proud to be a Brighton fan and I feel It's my duty as her mum to instill in her the importance of supporting the Albion!!!!!

In which case she needs to learn that we HAVE to suffer as Albion fans.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I have never really seen why it bothers other people, to be honest. At an evening game, if I am not on the first train out of Falmer to Brighton then there is a fairly good chance that I won't get home. I imagine I'm not the only person in this position.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Goldstone was easy for me - I lived five minutes walk away - in those days you could park on street around the ground - buses were regular - trains were easy you could get off either at Aldrington halt and walk up or Hove and walk over the Bridge.

Only went to Withdean a handful of times and parked in the car park as I went with George Aitken whom was a friend of my mum's.

We left home yesterday at 12 ish and got back in at 7.30 ish that's a long time out of the house for a 90 minute football match - we only live in Shoreham!
It's now nearly half a day out - I don't know what the answer is but it won't stop me going and I still feel excited as hell when I get off the train and see the stadium - makes it all worth while.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What is 100 times more annoying than people leaving early is people starting threads EVERY WEEK on people leaving early.

It happens. Deal with it. Move on.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
In which case she needs to learn that we HAVE to suffer as Albion fans.

I'll remind her of that when she's freezing cold and dying for a piss and stood in a queue for an hour - the man from NSC said 'suffer babe - its all part of being an Albion fan - good character building and all that!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If only we played some games at 3pm on a Saturday eh? Transport is absolutely fine then.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Has somebody really taken a photo of some empty seats?? That is so sad its funny.
In order to validate it can you please include a copy of a newspaper showing the date in future. That in itself is not going to confirm the actual time but maybe I am being too picky.
For me though, when ever I take time out to enjoy some photographs of empty seats, its the attention to detail that makes all the difference.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have only left one game early, and that was Aston Villa away a couple of years ago, and purely because i had the terrible turds. I was in the men's for the last 15 minutes of the game and let out a small yelp when it sounded like we scored.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't leave early but if paying fans want to miss 5 minutes of the game to avoid the rush that's up to them. In actual fact the more that leave early makes my life easier leaving on the final whistle.

Maybe the club should ask the question "Why?" and if it is due to traffic congestion, train service, ect they should look into somehow easing the situation. It's still early days and I'm sure this will be addressed, I think it's a problem with all out of town stadiums.

I have more of a problem with the half time rush for the toilets and then having to wait 5 minutes for a pee while I should be buying a pint and giving more money to the club. More toilets = More time to spend money (well more than a penny).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here