Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving before the final whistle...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I left early and don't really care what anyone thinks about it. Had a choice of leaving at the start of injury time and get straight on a bus or leave at the final whistle and wait up to an hour in the cold.

That's the big issue for the club to tackle if they want permission to increase capacity at the Amex.

And its one that NSC can't help with. Those at the front of the queue always post 'Its a doddle, I stayed til the final whistle and was back in Portslade in twenty minutes' or somesuch, while those at the back of the queue report a completely different end to their match day experience. IMHO its how long it takes to have the people at the back of the queue on their way home that is crucial, not those at the front of the queue.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
That's the big issue for the club to tackle if they want permission to increase capacity at the Amex.

And its one that NSC can't help with. Those at the front of the queue always post 'Its a doddle, I stayed til the final whistle and was back in Portslade in twenty minutes' or somesuch, while those at the back of the queue report a completely different end to their match day experience. IMHO its how long it takes to have the people at the back of the queue on their way home that is crucial, not those at the front of the queue.

Well yes exactly. And having experienced the difference for the first time, I totally understand why people do it. The difference is staggering.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Totally agree, and I think the club needs to watch out that some people don't renew next year, if getting the train afterwards continue to be the nightmare it is at the moment.

And as posted by others, I am fed up with people saying "well it was alright for me". I also had a seven year old with me, and it is no fun if you don't leave early to be at the front of the queue.

Oh and I am not a JCL, and I do stay until the end, that's why it IS a pain. Totally took the shine off the win.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Totally agree, and I think the club needs to watch out that some people don't renew next year, if getting the train afterwards continue to be the nightmare it is at the moment.

And as posted by others, I am fed up with people saying "well it was alright for me". I also had a seven year old with me, and it is no fun if you don't leave early to be at the front of the queue.

Oh and I am not a JCL, and I do stay until the end, that's why it IS a pain. Totally took the shine off the win.

I don't blame anyone for leaving early. Everyone has their reasons.

I can imagine it must be a nightmare with a whiney kid in tow.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Clapped CMS at the end, when he finished clapping us I left. Wandered to the park and ride, got straight on the park and ride bus to racecourse. Got into car at 17.25. Home 10 mins later. Longest I have had to wait for a bus there is 45 mins which was at palace and I refuse to go before CMS goes into the tunnel.

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
There are still so many issues especially with trains... I only live in hove there was a 4 carriage train at 130 which we couldn't get on so got bus... Ques at brighton were mad but got on another 4 carriage train... we tend 2 stay 4 a drink after game 2 let it all die down a bit... got 2 brighton no problem but then 45minute wait 4 next train got back on the 7 bus which was turning people away... I don't know why southern don't have 2 or 3 trains waiting have extra carriages and just get rid of the worst of it... I know its not the clubs fault but it seems that the trains have now got their money 4 the travel vouchers but are not providing the service.don't like 2 moan but it can be resolved so easily. Rant over great game and a great 3 points!

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
Love it... I love how he is always the last in and its good 2 c other players following suit... Danny cullip and Adam el Abd always used 2 do it 2. He has an amazing work ethic!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't usually leave early however I'm not bothered at all about those who choose to do so. In fact it's good as it means there are less people heading into town when I leave after a couple of pints. Moaning about this is just as tedious as "we sing this song too fast" "someone turned up five minutes after kickoff" "someone left their seat five minutes before half time to get a pint". f*** off.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Why oh Why can't they load more than 1 bus at a time .. friggin absurd given the number of stewards they have

Agree, huge car park 3 buses at a time, 1 per park and ride = crap

Have 2 or 3 queues for each and load 2/3/4/etc buses at a time and you could empty the ground in no time. It is frigging perverse that they load 1 bus at a time.

I don't know the capacity of a bus but if for example it is 100, then it is taking 5 minutes to shift 300 people, load multiple buses per queue, have more queues and in the first 10 minutes you could shift 10 buses per queue. Have 2 queues for each park and ride and thats 60 buses gone and queues gone. Then the car park is empty and bennetts field can leave.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never been a fan. In fact, never done it.

But today I was up at 3am to start work at 5am in London...finished at 1 and just wanted to get home after the game today.

Parked at Mill Road and have always had to wait a total of 45mins-1hour from stadium to car. Today, I left in the 91st minute and ran...I was home in Chichester by 6pm.

Now I understand why people do it! As bad as it is.

Exactly the same.
Never done it before this season, and laughed last year at Withdean when 100's missed last second winners from Sandaza, Bridcutt etc, from the never-say-die 2010/11 Albion.

But now we leave and run from WSU for park n ride Mithras buses, half through injury time.
At the isolated Amex, it's the difference between getting home 4 miles away, 30 minutes later or 90 minutes later. We want to get home, and not waste our lives stuck in an Amex car park 23 times a season.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Clapped CMS at the end, when he finished clapping us I left. Wandered to the park and ride, got straight on the park and ride bus to racecourse. Got into car at 17.25. Home 10 mins later. Longest I have had to wait for a bus there is 45 mins which was at palace and I refuse to go before CMS goes into the tunnel.

same as this, applauding cms has become a big part of the game!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Exactly the same.
Never done it before this season, and laughed last year at Withdean when 100's missed last second winners from Sandaza, Bridcutt etc, from the never-say-die 2010/11 Albion.

But now we leave and run from WSU for park n ride Mithras buses, half through injury time.
At the isolated Amex, it's the difference between getting home 4 miles away, 30 minutes later or 90 minutes later. We want to get home, and not waste our lives stuck in an Amex car park 23 times a season.

its not a waste of life, its watching the albion, and cheering, applauding the players off the pitch for (hopefully) having given their all for us!

D

Deleted member 18477

Left on 90 mins - 3 points in the bag. Walked to car park, bus back to mill road, home by half 5. Kettle on lovely jubbly thank you very much!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Never been a fan. In fact, never done it.

But today I was up at 3am to start work at 5am in London...finished at 1 and just wanted to get home after the game today.

Parked at Mill Road and have always had to wait a total of 45mins-1hour from stadium to car. Today, I left in the 91st minute and ran...I was home in Chichester by 6pm.

Now I understand why people do it! As bad as it is.

You missed CMS scoring with the last kick of the match!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I stayed to the bitter end today, clapped the players off, had TWO lovely pints of Harvey's as advised by the club's transport policy and sauntered down to the station to.....a queue nearly back to the stadium of freezing people. When I got in to Brighton 2 trains later the geniuses at Southern trains had set up a kind of obstacle course normally reserved for One Man and his Dog meaning I was going to have at least another half hour wait to get on a Coastway West train. One £14 cab trip and a series of texts with my wife later I finally saw my daughter for 5 mins before her bedtime.

I had a bloody good day, we won, I saw some good mates and had a delicious Balti Pie and yet next game the one thing I will be changing is that I will leave early. The only person I will take any abuse off for doing so will be the one who sorts those f***ing useless ***** at Southern out once and for all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I stayed to the bitter end today, clapped the players off, had TWO lovely pints of Harvey's as advised by the club's transport policy and sauntered down to the station to.....a queue nearly back to the stadium of freezing people. When I got in to Brighton 2 trains later the geniuses at Southern trains had set up a kind of obstacle course normally reserved for One Man and his Dog meaning I was going to have at least another half hour wait to get on a Coastway West train. One £14 cab trip and a series of texts with my wife later I finally saw my daughter for 5 mins before her bedtime.

I had a bloody good day, we won, I saw some good mates and had a delicious Balti Pie and yet next game the one thing I will be changing is that I will leave early. The only person I will take any abuse off for doing so will be the one who sorts those f***ing useless ***** at Southern out once and for all.

Actually that's a lie. The next home game is my birthday and I'm on the piss. But after that I will leave early and the only person I will take any abuse off for doing so will be the one who sorts those f***ing useless ***** at Southern out once and for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here