Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lambert & Freedman want to sign...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Don't Panic - CPFC2010 have said there is 'no way' GM will be sold to Bolton... this coming just two months after there was 'no way' Dougie Freedman was going to leave for Bolton either.

The natives are happy again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Damn those strikers who are able to convert penalties to enhance their stats and win games for their team!!

Not the point tho - I mean this 'top scorer' lark is a bit of a smokescreen if you score 8 pens or whatever. f*** him anyway dunno why people are constantly talking about him he cheated against us and joined Palace after getting released by us. He's pure scum. ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he wanted to stay living in Brighton, put us in pole position :thumbsup: :jester:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
f*** him anyway dunno why people are constantly talking about him

Ha, me neither, it generally never occurs to me to think about him when I see them 8 pts above us in 2nd having scored 12 more goals than us, and our striker at times couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo....never. :wink:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really!? Are you sure it's not your memories that are clouded? He was class when we needed him going for the title in difficult games. 22 League goals in 42 games with 4 assists? I don't think many teams would get rid of the player that gave the team it's firepower for promotion. The longest he went was 5 league games without a goal, of those 22 goals, he had 1 hat trick, and 2 brace - so he scored in 18 of the 42 games he played in. No hindsight required.

In League One.

The stats were brilliant, yes. But they alone are not proof that he will replicate it the league above. His 7 goals (or whatever low tally it was) showed he didnt adapt immediately.

LOADS of teams have gone up before with a player smashing in LOADS in their promotion campaign, only for the player to barely get a sniff or even get shipped out.

2 examples, Silvain Ebanks-Blake. An absolute MACHINE for Wolves when they were promoted. Dropped all the next season.

Billy Sharp. 9 goals in 18 games or so for Saints. Shipped out on loan once promoted.

If we signed League One's top scorer I can PROMISE you people would be on here saying 'We need proven Championship strikers, not league One'.

This reads as a rant, and it's not at you. It's just I'm adamant ANYONE who thought Murray would have 20 goals by January with us is either lying, or deluded.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In League One.

So who did we buy in instead, you must be suggesting given the 'hindsight' that we purchase someone with a proven Championship goalscoring pedigree....oh dear....of course, our replacement managed an incredible 3 more goals last season...

I don't care what people say about hindsight, I was gutted the day it was announced we were letting him go. I was honestly confident he'd do well in the Championship, and the only surprise to me is that it took him as long as he did to settle in. Now that he has, what he is currently achieving is genuinely not a great surprise. The club f***ed up pure and simple. It's done and dusted, we move on but it's no good trying to pretend that we didn't know at the time etc. etc.

SE25 Nick

Nov 30, 2012
Don't drive - get the train.

What a shit time for a game of football, 5.20 Sat night!! driving through Croydon at about 4 on the last Sat before Xmas oh the joy!!...then not getting home until 8.30!! it will be a poor crowd...but I am still going after a long hard think about it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So who did we buy in instead, you must be suggesting given the 'hindsight' that we purchase someone with a proven Championship goalscoring pedigree....oh dear....of course, our replacement managed an incredible 3 more goals last season...

Not quite sure what you are having a pop at here.

I am not claiming anything in hindsight. I was delighted when we signed CMS and I thought he would do brilliantly.

I was also gutted we sold Murray but never thought he would get anywhere near as many goals as he has.

I was wrong on both.

Or does that not suit your rant?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we signed League One's top scorer I can PROMISE you people would be on here saying 'We need proven Championship strikers, not league One'..

At one stage before the season started last year, we had the three top scorers from the previous season's League One, all proved a disappointment last season for us and Palace, so they might have a point.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not quite sure what you are having a pop at here.

I am not claiming anything in hindsight. I was delighted when we signed CMS and I thought he would do brilliantly.

I was also gutted we sold Murray but never thought he would get anywhere near as many goals as he has.

I was wrong on both.

Or does that not suit your rant?

I'm honestly not ranting. I am genuinely f***ed off that we let go a player that has all the attributes a striker in our team needs, and he slipped through our fingers. I can't seem to lock it away like others are managing. Every time he scores for them it's like a little voodoo stab in my brain. Every time CMS misses a chance or makes a miss placed touch, it's the same stab. Right now, there are a lot of bloody stabbings in my brain I can tell you! :lolol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
if there was any chance of this happening you can guarantee GM would do every he can to force it. Premiership football with villa and living back up north with his family. plus more cash in his pocket.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
if there was any chance of this happening you can guarantee GM would do every he can to force it. Premiership football with villa and living back up north with his family. plus more cash in his pocket.

Sorry, but what 29 year old playing in the Championship is not going to want to grab a chance at playing in the Premier League at arguably the peak of their career?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sorry, but what 29 year old playing in the Championship is not going to want to grab a chance at playing in the Premier League at arguably the peak of their career?

obviously any player would jump at the chance. but even more so with glenn.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I think the Bolton bid would suit him better, closer to home, manager he knows and more chance of a regular place in the team.
As Freedman has proved the money is still there to be had, so his wages could be close to the same as Villa.

Coggersc1974

Jun 25, 2009
If CMS played for Palace I have little doubt, based on the service, he would score more than Murray from open play. I am not criticizing our tactics but I do believe most half decent strikers would find our slow, passing game and slightly frustrating.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If CMS played for Palace I have little doubt, based on the service, he would score more than Murray from open play. I am not criticizing our tactics but I do believe most half decent strikers would find our slow, passing game and slightly frustrating.

Really...:lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

If McSmudge was playing for Palace and we'd kept Murray then, I reckon, our positions in the league would be reversed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here