Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lambert & Freedman want to sign...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lambert and Freedman sounds like a brand of cigarettes.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Every time I turn the TV on, its Who Killed The f***ing Zutons...I'm not buying it on principle.

Saturday, live on Sky too, which one of us is having the abacus this week?

Live On Sky ! that will keep their numbers down :clap:

As for my abacus I'm keeping it. The last time you got your hands on it you returned it all sticky.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Live On Sky ! that will keep their numbers down :clap:

As for my abacus I'm keeping it. The last time you got your hands on it you returned it all sticky.

What a shit time for a game of football, 5.20 Sat night!! driving through Croydon at about 4 on the last Sat before Xmas oh the joy!!...then not getting home until 8.30!! it will be a poor crowd...but I am still going after a long hard think about it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saturday, live on Sky too, which one of us is having the abacus this week?

I'll be there. I promise not to trash the toilets or abuse the staff who work behind the counter at the tea station.

I have a sneaking suspicion Town will win this game ( if not its a relegation fight the second half of the season)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
great value to see a winning team, got bored with so many draws at home last season so I know how brighton 'customers' must feel right now

You are right. We need a run of a few home wins right now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
great value to see a winning team, got bored with so many draws at home last season so I know how brighton 'customers' must feel right now

Really wish goons like you would read the 'we want Falmer' book. Or do some research. Everyone in the first section (Gillingham era) was convinced the support was there from Goldstone days etc. And they were proved right. Just accept we have a lot more fans than you - hardly suprising given our catchment area? Also when the Albion moved back 'home' to Withdean it was v hard to get a ticket and the STs were snapped up (5k ish i recall). The fanbase has always, always been there.

I garuntee you your mob (% wise) has exactly the same amount of 'fans' who have an affection for Arsenal / Chelsea etc as ours and as any other football club in the lower lgs... I think it's time you just accepted the facts and stopped getting in a twist about it - if we only had 10k a wk (similar to yourselves) you'd all be moaning at us a lot more that we're a small club - so we can't win (well we can and we have but you still put up this weak argument that they aren't our fans etc and it's literally clutching at straws) :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We don't actually know that...that is supposition el pres. I think if Gus wanted him, we would have paid him what he wanted, especially as he brought in a 3.5 million pound striker not that long after to replace him.

Honestly though, who would have thought murray would have scored as many as he has...he had times here when he had long runs without scoring. I also think having two superb wingers feeding him crosses as they do has helped...our strikers are not really good headers of the ball.

Exactly. I'm amazed at the amount of posters on here who have a university degree in Hindsight. It really is an amazing talent to look back at something that didn't work and say "We shouldn't have done that".

Especially Extreme hindsight. I don't remember HALF as many people claiming we made the wrong choice when he scored about SEVEN goals last season and LESS than CMS.

Again, it's a great talent to have.

Really!? Are you sure it's not your memories that are clouded? He was class when we needed him going for the title in difficult games. 22 League goals in 42 games with 4 assists? I don't think many teams would get rid of the player that gave the team it's firepower for promotion. The longest he went was 5 league games without a goal, of those 22 goals, he had 1 hat trick, and 2 brace - so he scored in 18 of the 42 games he played in. No hindsight required.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really!? Are you sure it's not your memories that are clouded? He was class when we needed him going for the title in difficult games. 22 League goals in 42 games with 4 assists? I don't think many teams would get rid of the player that gave the team it's firepower for promotion. The longest he went was 5 league games without a goal, of those 22 goals, he had 1 hat trick, and 2 brace - so he scored in 18 of the 42 games he played in. No hindsight required.

Spot on. Completely called it as a mistake on the day it happened. People saying "ah we'll just replace him" were talking utter bollocks, and clearly under-rated him while he was here. He's a superb player.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Can't see him being bought by a Premiership team in the transfer window, Unless we are talking silly money.

The story of the championship top scorer being sold to a premiership team gets regurgitated every December.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't see him being bought by a Premiership team in the transfer window, Unless we are talking silly money.

The story of the championship top scorer being sold to a premiership team gets regurgitated every December.

Don't you mean: 'player who's taken the most pens in the whole lg by a mile' and not 'top scorer'? :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I dont think hes good enough for the prem... And he can't hang around waiting for his one v good season in 3... PS- He's a cheating **** :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here