Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What ever the dude has said was well received by the folk in attendance there, judging by the applause received

I think if the last few days (and the last decade or so) has shown us anything, it's that it's really not hard to get simple people on board with a few very simple statements, don't you think ???

Do something stupid, kicked out of the party a few hours later, charged a few hours after that. Whoever you 'support' that's pretty impressive Government isn't it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I mean, even if you forget about the hatred displayed by these two politicians, surely people with that level of stupidity should have no place in public life.

I mean why say those things? Why? How stupid do you have to be?

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
I mean, even if you forget about the hatred displayed by these two politicians, surely people with that level of stupidity should have no place in public life.

I mean why say those things? Why? How stupid do you have to be?
‘How stupid do you have to be’ is exactly what I said when I read it just now. I just don’t get it.

Looks like she was in her 20s when she said it - so not like she was just an angry teenager.

Politicians at all levels - all parties - need to know that they just can’t get away with saying these things. The apologies to save face and try and recover the situation just don’t wash with me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I think I can safely say from the way this has been dealt with, that the days of the two most Senior Ministers in HMG getting charged, lying to all and sundry, then being found guilty and remaining in Post are long (well just over a month) behind us, thank God :clap:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or unless you make yourself a "preferential creditor" ie continue to pay yourself (or otherwise draw money from the company) instead of paying the company's debts.

That’s the wrong way round. A shareholder paying themselves out of funds that should’ve been used to meet liabilities such as taxes, usually gives rise to a debtor (a company asset) …. an overdrawn loan account. On company insolvency, the receiver, administrator or liquidator goes after the individual personally to recover. If the director shareholder tries to surreptitiously dissolve or allow the company to be struck off, HMRC get notice, where taxes are owed they object and prevent that happening.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ricky Jones…what an embarrassing dimwit. As are the gormless mawks surrounding and applauding him. Still, good to see Labour has purged itself of anti-semitism too.

Hopefully another behind bars by the weekend.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not sure anyone makes a career out of being a councillor. Although he may have had ambitions but at 'mid 50s' I'd suggest his ambitions are probably about as optimistic as @Steve Foster's :wink:
Indeed.

Associating ‘career’ with the role of ‘councillor’ is a bit of stretch.

In this particular instance, I’d wager the subject has as much chance of getting elected than the former Tory candidate for Hangleton and Knoll. One would advise a career in stand-up comedy is more realistic but given the evidence presented recently, perhaps retirement is the desirable outcome or even hiding in a dark cave for a few years.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
He has now been arrested, I expect him to be in court within 24 hours and in prison immediately with his face on show for all to see.
Just as the others have. Anything less will be two tier policing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He has now been arrested, I expect him to be in court within 24 hours and in prison immediately with his face on show for all to see.
Just as the others have. Anything less will be two tier policing.

His face is all over Social Media, he has been arrested and charged and now it's up to the legal system.

You obviously have heard a term that you are repeating, with no idea what it actually means :facepalm:

Just don't post yet another extremist video or you'll get a permanent ban. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
His face is all over Social Media, he has been arrested and charged and now it's up to the legal system.

You obviously have heard a term that you are repeating, with no idea what it actually means :facepalm:

Just don't post yet another extremist video or you'll get a permanent ban. Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Priceless!
Permanent ban do you really think I care mate.:laugh::laugh:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Do something stupid, kicked out of the party a few hours later, charged a few hours after that. Whoever you 'support' that's pretty impressive Government isn't it.
As if there was any other option available.

Do you put this down as merely 'something stupid'?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
On Thursday, Ms Edwards said: "I have recently been made aware of a small number of tweets that I posted on Twitter from over a decade ago, which I now deeply regret.

One of the tweets posted in June 2009 read: "I want these f****** Estonian r****ds out of my flat now!" :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As if there was any other option available.

Well your fawning paragons Johnson, Truss and Sunak found a whole raft when their cabinet did something stupid, let alone their senior ministers, junior ministers, MP's, Councillors, friends, relations, acquaintances :laugh:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well your fawning paragons Johnson, Truss and Sunak found a whole raft when their cabinet did something stupid, let alone their senior ministers, junior ministers, MP's, Councillors, friends, relations, acquaintances :laugh:
Something stupid?

Is that the extent of the critique?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here