Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
nevergoagain meltdown incoming…….
IMG_0625.jpeg

AAAND STILLL

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://news.sky.com/story/offender...stonian-prisons-to-ease-overcrowding-13210297

How amusing, a great policy if it means we can put more people in prison but, this is OK, however Rwanda policy is an affront to human rights etc.... I look forward to the militants on here ignoring this post (pointless emoji).
I’m assuming that once their sentence is served they can come back?

Plus, these are convicted criminals.

Big differences to the Rwanda transportation scheme.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I’m assuming that once their sentence is served they can come back?

Plus, these are convicted criminals.

Big differences to the Rwanda transportation scheme.
No idea on first point, assume so but It's only under consideration so nothing concrete. Yep different nuances to the Rwanda scheme but the concept of shipping people overseas to satisfy a demand we can't meet in the UK remains the same doesn't it ?.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No idea on first point, assume so but It's only under consideration so nothing concrete. Yep different nuances to the Rwanda scheme but the concept of shipping people overseas to satisfy a demand we can't meet in the UK remains the same doesn't it ?.
Rwanda wasn’t about not being able to meet demand. It was a supposed deterrent.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Germany want to waste billions on their own Rwanda scheme then that’s a matter for them, it’s their money and international reputation to throw away

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Awful.

I suppose the German government have to react to this sort of thing.

“A far-right party has won a regional election in Germany for the first time since the Second World War.”

Thankfully, we had a landslide in this country and the far right scum from reform get less than 1% of the MPs.
Unnecessary ? I know a number of people locally who voted reform and far right scum is a lazy tag to throw at them, if you don't want to listen and understand their views that's OK but don't just slur people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A deterrent yes but also reduces the strain of cost of housing/hotels/social care/education etc.
The government made it very clear at the time it was a deterrent. Well, that’s the only rhetoric I recall them using.

They may have cited the relief to our services as a reason. Which is something of moot point seeing as it was an illegal policy and nobody did, or ever was going to Rwanda.

This prison arrangement may appear to have parallels but when you examine it even slightly, they are simply not comparable.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Unnecessary ? I know a number of people locally who voted reform and far right scum is a lazy tag to throw at them, if you don't want to listen and understand their views that's OK but don't just slur people.
Sadly, it's the done thing with some.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He was calling the Reform party scum not those who voted for them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My two pennies worth.

I wouldn’t label the many millions who voted Reform “scum”.

But many of the Reform politicians have espoused some disgraceful stuff in their time. Racism, supporting rapist Trump, fascist/Nazi stuff.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My two pennies worth.

I wouldn’t label the many millions who voted Reform “scum”.

But many of the Reform politicians have espoused some disgraceful stuff in their time. Racism supporting rapist Trump, fascist/,Nazi stuff.

Is it fair to question the judgement of people who vote for politicians who espouse Racism, supporting rapist Trump, facist/.Nazi stuff :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In news that will doubtless shock everyone to their core, turns out it's bollocks and not actually remotely the same scheme at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here