Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Points of view again isn't it. Same situation my dad leaves me £100k in his will, I only receive £60k so I've been "taxed" 40%. Whether I've earned it or not is immaterial, that's a moralistic point of view, but like it or not between my father leaving me £100k and me receiving it I've been taxed £40k. It's just semantics again we're arguing a point where it really doesn't matter who the taxee is be it a logical estate or a real person, in the end the result is the same and the treasury gets it's money.
That's not the way Wills are typically worded. Have a look at your dad's Will.

You can use your "moralistic" argument for any tax. Why should the Treasury take 20% of my wages under PAYE? Why should the Treasury take 28% Capital Gains Tax when I sold my second home for a £500K profit?

Of course the treasury gets the money. It's where all tax goes. To be spent on nice things like the NHS, schools and suchlike.

Are you envisioning some kind of utopian society where nobody pays any tax on anything ever?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
That's not the way Wills are typically worded. Have a look at your dad's Will.

You can use your "moralistic" argument for any tax. Why should the Treasury take 20% of my wages under PAYE? Why should the Treasury take 28% Capital Gains Tax when I sold my second home for a £500K profit?

Of course the treasury gets the money. It's where all tax goes. To be spent on nice things like the NHS, schools and suchlike.

Are you envisioning some kind of utopian society where nobody pays any tax on anything ever?
Yes of course, that's exactly what I was saying.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Thank you!

Chances are, that person may be working.
And? That person may well be a solicitor. They work. And your point is?

But I've decided not to play cat to your mouse any longer!

I know full well the political point you are trying to score here but Starmer never said that IHT wouldn't be increased for "working people" did he? If he has, I'm sure you will provide a link.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Given the activity on this thread I actually though there might be a meltdown about to start, but instead its a meltdown about semantics & metaphysics.

Meme Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

Labour councillor suspended after appearing to say rioters' throats should be cutpublished at 13:43
13:43Breaking​

A Labour councillor has been suspended by the party after a video circulating online appeared to show that the throats of rioters should be cut at a counter demonstration last night.

Ricky Jones, the Dartford Borough councillor, could also appear to be heard saying in the video that we need "get rid of them all", the PA news agency reported.

A Labour Party spokesperson says "this behaviour is completely unacceptable and it will not be tolerated".

The PA news agency understands that Jones has been administratively suspended and the whip has been removed, which means he can no longer be called a Labour councillor.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

Labour councillor suspended after appearing to say rioters' throats should be cutpublished at 13:43​

A Labour councillor has been suspended by the party after a video circulating online appeared to show that the throats of rioters should be cut at a counter demonstration last night.

Ricky Jones, the Dartford Borough councillor, could also appear to be heard saying in the video that we need "get rid of them all", the PA news agency reported.

A Labour Party spokesperson says "this behaviour is completely unacceptable and it will not be tolerated".

The PA news agency understands that Jones has been administratively suspended and the whip has been removed, which means he can no longer be called a Labour councillor.

Surely he will be arrested and banged up for that ? Will be interesting to see the Police's response.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Labour councillor suspended after appearing to say rioters' throats should be cutpublished at 13:43​

Excellent.

By being honest and taking immediate action the moment anybody, no matter how junior, steps out of line, they seem to be putting massive amounts of clearwater between them and the previous Government even though there have been very little policy changes so far.

More of the same please :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Excellent.

By being honest and taking immediate action the moment anybody, no matter how junior, steps out of line, they seem to be putting massive amounts of clearwater between them and the previous Government even though there have been very little policy changes so far.

More of the same please :thumbsup:
Agree.

Let's hope the OB and Courts deal with him as swiftly too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agree.

Let's hope the OB and Courts deal with him as swiftly too.

I would like to think so but unfortunately I can see a few assaults on police, violent disorders, rioting and potential terrorism offences from the last few days taking priority over a throat slitting gesture (not that it should). Hopefully he will get done bang to rights even if it isn't as swiftly as we'd like :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here