Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kyle Walker-Peters

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Well yes, but we have seen Youtube highlight reels before! Still concerned that he can't get a regular game at Spurs, and would at the moment be a bit underwhelmed by his arrival. But if Potter and the recruitment team think he's a step up from what we've got - and if they're right - I'll happily own up to being wrong!
A lot depends on the price, I guess.

Oh stop being such a pathetic wetwipe your entire life. We'd hardly have much hope of signing him if he was starting week-in week-out for Spurs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The lad needs a move, he needs regular first team football and I can't see Mourinho playing two rookie full backs in him and Sessegnon at the same time.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
He's 22, so still not reached his potential, can also play on the left as well as right side of defence, and has been used as a right sided wing back. He's got a bit of pace too.

I say go for it, KWP should do far better under Potter than Mourinho.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
First player mentioned that I think genuinely is on our radar, fits the profile exactly of what we are looking for.

I like him. Get him in.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How many right back did we sign to replace Bruno so will we get the same scenario with one to eventually replace Montoya.

The tricky thing is with this signing, (if there is anything in it at all) is that Montoya is playing the best football of his Albion career to date.

To me, it's far from clear that Walker-Peters has the credentials to get into the team in front of Montoya. Yet he is also too old for the development squad and I doubt he'd be keen on trading one subs bench for another.

In terms of back up, Schelotto acquitted himself well at right back as did Alzate, so we're not currently short of numbers in this position.

I'm not totally sold on the idea. I think we should either be looking to a "could be a world beater in the future" type right back or someone who is clearly a first team player now. KWP seems a bit of a half way house

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well those are the two positions we need to strengthen (plus make Mooy permanent). I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really surprised anyone even reads that rag.
Why are you surprised? Don't read it myself, but I know it sells more copies than most, if not all, daily papers and has done for years, so why has it come as a surprise to you?

And and im even more surprised that people vote the way that rag tells them to.
Again, what exactly are you surprised about? Do you suppose that every person who reads the Sun votes for the same things - all of them? Now that would be surprising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here