Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kyle Walker-Peters

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I hope Lamptey will stay. Think he was one of the better players in the spring and it seems he has learnt to play around losing a bit of that explosivity a few years ago. He is more of a crosser than a dribbler now and his crossing is great actually. With three CBs probably being the tactic, Veltman is more likely to play CB anyway so would be room for both KWP/Lamptey.
RWB under Potter was where Lamptey shone in the first place. Where he wasn't obliged to do so much defending and he could just run at people.

Sure he has lost his pace but I'd give him a chance. After all his injury problems and with only a year on his contract it's not as if we'd make a lot of money anyway.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s unrealistic to have resale on every single player. He adds immediate first team value
I wonder if we’re in danger of swallowing our own hype with this sort of thing? I doubt we bought in Veltman or Gross with resale in mind, and they’ve been unquestionably two of the best first team signings we’ve made in the PL.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Wrong age.... he's in the De Zerbi range.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Because he has one year left on his contract he provides value. We go for value when it's right.

If we sign him on 4 year deal we're likely to get all 4 years of that contact which most younger signings wouldn't get. See him as a similar singing to Veltman. Just because one costs 1mil and one costs 10mil doesn't mean that the value isn't there.

Plus the home grown aspect as well would make this a great deal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No better than we already have.

It’s a no from me.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
An 18 year old central midfielder, a 23 year old perma-crock and a 32 year old right/centre back also struggling a bit with fitness.

You sure?
Yup. He’s a bog standard player. Much better available out there.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
There are better players out there, not sure how available they are to Brighton though. Who are you thinking of?
As I said, KWP is bog standard, and no better than we have already. Sure, we need to bolster the squad, but there will be better options out there. Probably someone no one on here as ever heard of tbh.

Signing this fella would be incredibly underwhelming.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As I said, KWP is bog standard, and no better than we have already. Sure, we need to bolster the squad, but there will be better options out there. Probably someone no one on here as ever heard of tbh.

I agree if we signed him to play in midfield it would be a bit strange and I would be a bit underwhelmed but if we signed him to play in his actual position at full back then I would be very pleased as he is definitely better than what we have there!

Genuine question, do you even know who he is if you think he's a midfielder?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I get that you are not excited by KWP, but stating there is better available, and then expecting the club to find that better player from the pool of unheard of talent, seems purely optimistic.
If he is no better than what we have, he is at least no worse, and can play either side. Seems he would be a useful addition to me, even if not an exciting one.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I get that you are not excited by KWP, but stating there is better available, and then expecting the club to find that better player from the pool of unheard of talent, seems purely optimistic.
If he is no better than what we have, he is at least no worse, and can play either side. Seems he would be a useful addition to me, even if not an exciting one.
Ok, so you disagree. In my opinion, KWP is shit, I’ve never seen anything from him that makes him better than Veltman or Lamptey.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Because he has one year left on his contract he provides value. We go for value when it's right.

If we sign him on 4 year deal we're likely to get all 4 years of that contact which most younger signings wouldn't get. See him as a similar singing to Veltman. Just because one costs 1mil and one costs 10mil doesn't mean that the value isn't there.

Plus the home grown aspect as well would make this a great deal.
Completely agree. Experience is so important. He'd be a wonderful option and help with the HGP quota after Lallana's exit. Worth noting I wouldn't be hugely surprised if two more HGPs leave in Webster and Lamptey.

KWP would add experience, and depth in a key position for us.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I'm keen on KWP. If I had to suggest a more exciting alternative, I'd say Juanlu Sánchez from Sevilla.

He's 20 years old and a right winger/wing back/full back. We were reportedly in for him in January and you know we often pursue targets long term. At one stage his release clause was just 15 million euros but I believe it's 25 now (fairly sure he hasn't signed a new deal)

Real Madrid have also been linked but don't appear to be making a move this summer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ok, so you disagree. In my opinion, KWP is shit, I’ve never seen anything from him that makes him better than Veltman or Lamptey.
I disagree that he is shit, I agree he isn't a big upgrade on Lamptey or Veltman, and I would be happier if we can land someone better, but he would be useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here