Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers signs new deal

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Albion No. 1 Michel Kuipers has signed a new two-year contract.

It puts the Dutch keeper on course for a testimonial and consolidates his position as the most successful foreign import in the club's history.

Kuipers signed a one-year deal last summer with the option of a second, appearance-related year which was due to be triggered after he played in every game this season.

advertisement
That elevated his total number of matches for the club to 228, nine more than South African striker Denis Foreman.

Kuipers, 34 next month, said: "It has been a great eight years and I am very pleased to have signed a new contract which will take me to ten years with the club.

"I am now looking forward to next season. We want to be successful and get back to the Championship.

"On a personal level, I was really happy with my form last season but I will be back this pre-season trying to better that standard and continue the positive progress.

"I love the club and love coming to work every day. I really enjoy working with all the staff, on and off the pitch, and the supporters have been magnificent."

Kuipers, third in the player of the season poll behind Tommy Elphick and Nicky Forster, has been with Albion since signing for Micky Adams during his first spell as boss on a free transfer from Bristol Rovers in the summer of 2000.

Adams substituted him at half-time on his debut at Southend, citing his suspect kicking, but Kuipers has gone on to help Albion to three promotions.

Adams said: "I am delighted Michel has extended his contract. I worked with him previously and I know the quality of his goalkeeping.

"Michel knows there needs to be an improvement in his game in certain areas but that is nothing new and I have told him that since day one."

What do you think?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Big Gully what is more detrimental is TWATS like you and a few others on here (they know who they are) talking complete BOLLOCKS

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great news, long live the former dutch marine :thumbsup:

Lush

Mods' Pet
A great manager is brave enough to sub a player at half time for not carrying out instructions, but not hold it against him for ever and a day.

A poor manager is petty enough to take a shirt number off a player, even when there is no immediate replacement.

A great player is big enough to take that kind of nonsense on the chin and prove the manager wrong on the pitch.

FDM :bowdown:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Big Gully what is more detrimental is TWATS like you and a few others on here (they know who they are) talking complete BOLLOCKS

Sorry to piss on your appreciation thread, but has it ever occured to you that I, as many, are likely to dismiss your views as bollocks too.

You may wish to discuss why you feel a Chairman of any football club having such an instrumental input into the indentification future players or personal views of current players ahead of any manager is not detrimental then give it a go.

Otherwise me and the others ( we know who we are ) will continue to offer a view that will rarely agree with your own absurd assumptions !!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Serious point here, what I'd like to see next season is the ten outfield players coming onto the pitch first and forming a guard of honour as Michel runs on. It's only fair. Maybe it could be the club's way of seeking forgiveness for employing two joke managers in a row who didn't appreciate the AURA of Michel?

haha! whilst the animals of farthing wood theme tune is played

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I heard from a "source" that he along with one other player, refused to sign a contract if Wilkins was still in charge for the next season, therefore giving Knight more ammo to get rid of Wilkins.

Found it weird though, as WIlkins was the only manager to have Kuipers as his number 1 keeper

So if anything its thanks to Michel that Adams is back! What a hero

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You may wish to discuss why you feel a Chairman of any football club having such an instrumental input into the indentification future players or personal views of current players ahead of any manager is not detrimental then give it a go.

Just out of interest, who are you that we should take what you say at face value? Apologies if I've missed it, but does it actually say somewhere that this (among allegedly other things) is more a decision of DK than MA or anyone else, are we simply meant to accept it as the truth because you say it is?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Sorry to piss on your appreciation thread, but has it ever occured to you that I, as many, are likely to dismiss your views as bollocks too.
NOT MY thread i didn't start it or contribute until you stepped in with your assumptions

When have you EVER seen a post of mine discussing what Dick may or may not have said??

Otherwise me and the others ( we know who we are ) will continue to offer a view that will rarely agree with your own absurd assumptions !!

Exactly yours is only a view and some people you argue with on here KNOW what has happened and yet you STILL think you are right:thud:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just out of interest, who are you that we should take what you say at face value? Apologies if I've missed it, but does it actually say somewhere that this (among allegedly other things) is more a decision of DK than MA or anyone else, are we simply meant to accept it as the truth because you say it is?

Didnt say you have to take my view at face value, with respect I couldnt care less whether you accept what I say or dont.

But I have view and at times I will post it.

Dismiss it if you want, no problem.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Exactly yours is only a view and some people you argue with on here KNOW what has happened and yet you STILL think you are right:thud:

Nah, your kidding me.

Now you cant possibly know what I might know !!

You seem to have accepted a couple of posters on here that you think know, its probably only that their own views concur with yours.

Sorry that aint knowing something, thats called agreeing with you !!!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Nah, your kidding me.

Now you cant possibly know what I might know !!

You seem to have accepted a couple of posters on here that you think know, its probably only that their own views concur with yours.

Sorry that aint knowing something, thats called agreeing with you !!!

Sorry to piss on your fireworks BUT the posters on here i listen to WORK full time for the CLUB and have very good knowledge of what goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of the club officials do you know post on here ?? And what their user names are?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great news ! :ascarf:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Excellent, now he should get the number 1 shirt back :albion2::albion2:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Good move but we still need another keeper to challenge for the shirt.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sorry to piss on your fireworks BUT the posters on here i listen to WORK full time for the CLUB and have very good knowledge of what goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of the club officials do you know post on here ?? And what their user names are?

Your still kiddin' me right ... !

Your friends role within the club would dictate how much credibility those views might hold on different matters that crop up.

Ticket Office, Football in the Community, Steward, Ball Boy, Kit Man, Physio, Board Member, Turnstile Operator, Coach, Manager, Chairman ??

Each would have a different view on events that occur within the club, but there still remains many with a real insight into matters that even your pals wouldnt know.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Serious point here, what I'd like to see next season is the ten outfield players coming onto the pitch first and forming a guard of honour as Michel runs on. It's only fair. Maybe it could be the club's way of seeking forgiveness for employing two joke managers in a row who didn't appreciate the AURA of Michel?

Are you deranged? No, really, are you under psychological treatment of any description?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Your still kiddin' me right ... !

Your friends role within the club would dictate how much credibility those views might hold on different matters that crop up.

Ticket Office, Football in the Community, Steward, Ball Boy, Kit Man, Physio, Board Member, Turnstile Operator, Coach, Manager, Chairman ??

Each would have a different view on events that occur within the club, but there still remains many with a real insight into matters that even your pals wouldnt know.

I see yet again you sidestepped my question so WHICH club officials do you know that post on here??

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

How do you know that whoever is feeding you these 'insights' isn't telling you a load of old rubbish? Or are you an employee of the club and so privy to such things yourself?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here