Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky Retires

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
2 seasons of magic , one of our best ever signings and played a massive part in our promotion. All the best to him for the future.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Surprising news. Only 32 and played a fair bit last season.
Simply a great player for us. In some ways a prototype to Mitoma.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Top player, one of my favourite ever and definately of the Amex era. Best wishes to him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A genuine gets you out the seat player, just a top top player

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Our best player during the promotion season and voted the best player in the division. Without even needing to mention the pure entertainment he brought on the pitch, if that doesn’t write your name into the club’s folklore, not much will.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
absolutely electric in our promotion season, and whilst he wasn't as effective, a big part of us staying up in our first season in the PL (slightly less influential the next year, despite his wonder goal against Palace)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Class act on the pitch and a very touching announcement (including thanking God ex-wife!) from an emotional and fantastic guy. He clearly loves the Albion and the feeling is very much mutual.

Legend.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Absolutely incredible in his time with us. Loved him as a player. Those championship seasons were amazing.

So young to retire. But if his heads not in it then best for him and any future clubs paying his way.

Remember when he turned up at Stamford bridge to watch us play after he left.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Few Brighton players have ever got me out of my seat as regularly and as readily as Prime Knocky did, the man was extraordinary and did extraordinary things for us

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
One of my favourite all time Albion memories is sat on the luggage/suitcase rack by the doors on a Southern Rail train heading north out of Falmer singing the 'We've got Knockaert!' song the night we beat Massive, aka Sheffield Wednesday, that Friday night in the promotion year when he scored the winner.

Bon chance et merci beaucoup le petit
magicien.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Mille merci

IMG_1196.jpeg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
His performances in the promotion season are, pound for pound, some of the very best ever by a Brighton player. I don’t think anyone has got me off my seat as much as Knocky did.

Enjoy retirement Knocky and I hope whatever is next for you brings you joy and success. You’ll always be welcome at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here