Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky Retires

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One of the most entertaining players to have run out for us. He got bums off seats more than any other player I can recall. What a buzz when his name was called out on the team sheet against Sheffield Wed in the playoff second leg.
Especially when you see the photo of the bruises on his leg that he sustained in the first leg 👀

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As others have said, one of the best players in our championship era and a truly exciting player. With the added 'French Factor'. Lost it around the time of his dad passing from my recall. All the team going to the funeral was just emotional.

Only 32. Got relegated with Valenciennes from L2 to L3 last season.

Played longer for us and more games than any other team.

(And what a song he had).
As was that moment wen Sidwell scored that cracker against Bristol City and ran to the bench to pick up the shirt with his name on the back

papachris

It was the most amazing time with Knocky in that promotion season. Real skill and entertainment. The connection between him and Bruno was telepathic, they didn't even have to look where the other was, they just knew.
One of my favourite memories was the home game with Wolves where with his supreme skill he sat down the defenders near the south east corner.
Thank you so much for great memories Anthony and good luck in your future career.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When he wound up Massive fans on their own patch was a glorious moment.
Tony Bloom saying Antony was an easy one when Newcastle came in for him he didn’t want to go 😍

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Truly truly great player for us. And a great tribute to Brighton and us on his insta. I think someone is chopping onions near me!
I was right behind him at Palace for that goal and knew it was way before hitting the net. He will live long in the memory of Brighton fans.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Thank you for that winner at P*****.

I was only yards from it and that was one of the best goal moments ever (and I’ve celebrated a few).

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
Unplayable in the Champ. Such an exciting player. Was massively affected by his father's passing. The team attending his Dad's funeral spoke volumes of the Albion DNA. Good luck Knocky in your future endeavours and thanks for those wonderful moments.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
One of my favourite players. Enjoy your retirement & hope to see you at the Amex. :love: (I don't know why I say this in the style that he'll see it, but hey!).

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Right from when he joined us he was brilliant in the championship. His goal in the 5-0 win over Norwich summed him up. Such confidence, skill and a real joy to watch. I think the loudest song for a player in the Amex era has been his. A huge role in our promotion and a definite Albion legend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still one of my all time favourites and obviously well thought of by the team, who all went to France to support him, when his father died.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here