Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Perry

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
In theory, yes. But Jim "Ann de Vecchi Made Me Do It" Daly assured people that there wouldn't be another appeal when he was out canvassing for the elections. You don't think he could be telling porkies do you?

;)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
roz said:
In theory, yes. But Jim "Ann de Vecchi Made Me Do It" Daly assured people that there wouldn't be another appeal when he was out canvassing for the elections. You don't think he could be telling porkies do you?

;)
There's a few front page mock ups in that name to be had...

DALY STALE

...for one.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Colbourne Kid said:
Natural England say they have no objection to the stadium being built at Brighton Railway Station or Coral's Greyhound Stadium but object to it being put almost anywhere else.

Which presumably since that arguemnt was rejected last time; Kelly can't really change her mind about this time.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Is there a limit on the numbers of appeals, and counter-appeals that could be made by either party ?

This could go on for decades...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
roz said:
Well at least Harty won't be able to start next week's phone-in with a "Will they, won't they? Falmer resignation shock!" theme...

;) ;)

Or "Is Roz South a white witch?":lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Or perhaps 'Should Alan Wares, rotund shopkeeper of this fair city, the new Fred Elliott, be allowed to use the word sp****c on NSC???? '

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Harty said:
Or perhaps 'Should Alan Wares, rotund shopkeeper of this fair city, the new Fred Elliott, be allowed to use the word sp****c on NSC???? '

some people who should know better find it big and clever.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
Or 'Should Harty The Shovel get so pious?'

The issue is, in certain contexts, I have no problem with that word. So the short answer to Harty's question is 'yes'.

...and if because of personal circumstance some people object to the use of that word, in the same way as perhaps some people object to "coon" or " ******" is that still in your eyes accepatable?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Thursday WAS the evening of the election!!! And by that time of night there's buggerall canvassing to be done. Indeed, the best you can do is wind up the Lib Dems by popping into your polling stations.
;)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
roz said:
Thursday WAS the evening of the election!!! And by that time of night there's bugger all canvassing to be done. Indeed, the best you can do is wind up the Lib Dems by popping into your polling stations.
;)

I was only TEASING. ;)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
...and if because of personal circumstance some people object to the use of that word, in the same way as perhaps some people object to "coon" or " ******" is that still in your eyes accepatable?
I have no issue with any words in the English language, nor their usage - except where used wrongly.

The reaction to the use of that word in any given context is a different issue, and one which we can go round and round the houses on all day. 'Spastic' (a word which no longer appears to be used in medical terms) has come to be adopted in the English language as a generic insult, and it was in that conext that I used the word.

In this issue, I specifically used the word 'spastic' in a derogatory sense to maximise effect. I'm not sure if it's the word 'spastic' that is the issue or the insulting tone of the post in question.

You place 'coon' and '******' in the same bracket as 'spastic'. 'Coon' or '******' wouldn't be appropriate because we are not talking about a black person here, although I do understand what you are saying. The use of the word '******' when applied to a black person is specific to that person's skin colour - 'spastic' is not. So a race issue is being applied here where none exists.

In other words, I am being picky about how I choose my insults.

I think that's what you're asking anyway. I am sorry if you're offended and if it really bothers you or others, I won't use it again on here. However, it's not a word I am going to censor from my vocabulary in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here