Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Perry - liars?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Well the facts speak for themselves, the funding is there from TB delivered under the auspices of one DK and MP.

If I remember rightly you said that they (the Club) would never get the money from the bank. Arthur - Correct - big pat on back.

The lickers (LB et al) pointed out that the club said the funding was in place - it transpires that it was from TB, but none the less was in place. Lickers Correct - Pat on back.

Just a small point of order.

What a number of "those" people were saying at the time the club were seeking funding from banks, and people like Arthur were querying the chances given the credit crunch etc etc....was basically....."oh no...........the Falmer funding is education based, so funding will be no problem".

At the time, I thought that was a load of bollocks..........but hey ho.......who cares now.....? The funding is in place, the stadium plans have been passed..........the new Chairman is an avid and long standing BHA supporter.

Everything in the garden is rosy................just hope anyone who may have had their "special " status removed, doesn't show any sour grapes by casting unwarranted apersions on the new regimes character.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

What a number of "those" people were saying at the time the club were seeking funding from banks, and people like Arthur were querying the chances given the credit crunch etc etc....was basically....."oh no...........the Falmer funding is education based, so funding will be no problem".

Name and shame. Find and show the posts.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
At 12.28 today, does anyone know what the point of this thread is anymore? Other than to show some people are never happy?:shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Everything in the garden is rosy................just hope anyone who may have had their "special " status removed, doesn't show any sour grapes by casting unwarranted apersions on the new regimes character.

I suspect that the club 'lickers' will be as supportive of TB as they were of DK. Some will be desperately sad that DK has gone and why shouldn't they, many of them have given a great deal of time, effort and Money to push the cause along. Something that a number of people on here seem to forget !!!!!

Does this now mean that Arthur, Ernest et al are now the club 'lickers':lolol:

I wonder how long it will be for TB to be passed his sell by date and those that prise him now wqill slag him off. Took DK about 9 years ...

:falmer:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At 12.28 today, does anyone know what the point of this thread is anymore? Other than to show some people are never happy?:shrug:
Oh come on we've got to have SOMETHING to talk about whilst we're waiting for the season to start! At least this means there aren't any 'Why haven't we signed anybody yet?' or 'NSC isn't as good as it used to be' threads.

I suppose, to be semi-serious for a while the thing than keeps it all going is that none of 'the funding always was there so the club were right all along' brigade have come up with an explanation for Perry's 'saved the project' statement. To me the two seem to be completely the opposite of each other?:shrug:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suppose, to be semi-serious for a while the thing than keeps it all going is that none of 'the funding always was there so the club were right all along' brigade have come up with an explanation for Perry's 'saved the project' statement.

Brigade ? weak.

Why not ask the Club ? Or email MP if you really want to know. Why should any of the brigade know why he used that phrase ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brigade ? weak.

Why not ask the Club ? Or email MP if you really want to know. Why should any of the brigade know why he used that phrase ?
For your first question, yes I know. 'Brigade' was the best I could come up with, although I agree it does sound a bit pejorative. Lobby? Faction? Group?

For your second question I think that's rather the point; of course I don't expect you to know why he said it any more than I do. However if you look at it logically, the project was 'at risk' else how could it have been 'saved'? Or, as I keep saying, do you think Perry was being a bit over-dramatic? One of those answers must be true and I'd like to know which one. It would be nice if someone could answer that question instead of just sneering, but as you suggest I'll try Insider.

I'm trying to work out whether the accusation about the FFA team is that it was too secretive or not secretive enough.

Probably not publicity hungry enough
this from the Argus
16 September 2008

Why Falmer must and will be built
12:23pm Tuesday 16th September 2008

Comments (9) Have your say »

Fresh doubt has been cast over Brighton and Hove Albion’s plans for a stadium at Falmer. The Argus exclusively revealed yesterday that a new planning application will be lodged to cater for several changes to the original plans. Here Paul Samrah, chairman of the Falmer For All campaign, says there is no need for fans to panic – and argues that the stadium must be built.

Yesterday's headlines about a new planning application and changes to the stadium design may have worried some supporters but it is important that we get some perspective.

This unreservedly does not mean that we are back to square one. We are confident the application will be approved by the city council, and the chances of the Government calling this in are nil.

The Government wants us to build a stadium at Falmer.

Twice they have given us permission to do so.

This is simply the housekeeping application that we have always spoken about.

It sweeps up the changes that have inevitably arisen in the years since the plans were first drawn up. It has already been presented to Brighton and Hove City Council, Falmer Parish Council and all the local groups who have an interest.

The changes are nothing more than cosmetic details and certainly nothing unexpected since the club held a Fans Forum at a packed Hove Town Hall in February.

The increase in space purely relates to the internal floor areas – NOT to the size of the stadium.

It is the same height as before, still sunk into the ground. It covers the same area as before and basically is the same design. It has the same capacity of 22,500.

The roof arch has been trussed to save steel but basically looks the same. There is simply not enough of a change to enable any objections to be taken seriously.

Many of the changes have been imposed on the club by legislative changes to building regulations and new guidance from football authorities including Fifa and Uefa.

Remember that the club’s application was submitted in October 2002 – the world of stadium design has moved on since then.

Other changes are for financial reasons. The price of steel has rocketed and the club have prudently adapted their plans accordingly.

Plans for Liverpool’s new £400 million stadium at Stanley Park have been delayed, with the club’s owners blaming the credit crunch. And the cost of Albion’s stadium project has risen to £60 million – but the club and its financial advisers Pricewaterhouse Coopers are confident that funding will be in place.

Now is not the time to bring up all the old arguments that have been exhausted through two public inquiries.

The acrimony of the past should stay there – we are now working with Lewes District Council and Falmer Parish Council to make this work to the satisfaction of all.

When our opponents declared they would not fight any more we agreed enough was enough and began rebuilding the bridges between us.

The facts are simple – we will still be on site in December to start work on our new home and the supporting infrastructure, including the widening of Village Way.

Now we finally have approval, the stadium will not be a blot on a landscape, it will be something we can all be proud of.

It is not just the football club and its supporters that will benefit. As part of the revamped design, this planning application sees City College Brighton and Hove having even more teaching space inside the stadium.

Albion in the Community, which has won several national awards despite its limited means, will flourish with a new modern base and benefit thousands of local children and adults.

By unlocking the untapped potential of the club’s community work, we will make a positive difference to the lives of so many people for now and for future generations to come.

We have not come this far to fall at the final hurdle. The race has already been won. Every great city needs a stadium, and that is what Brighton and Hove will have.

Keep the faith. :clap2::clap2:

I never thought that the Falmer project would work. But I said that years and years ago.

and thisis why IT IS working

from todys interview in the Argus with Bloom

Albion were struggling to attract support from banks and other financial institutions until Bloom upped his stake.

He said: “We did try. It was always the intention that I was going to put in a significant sum but we were unlucky with timing.

“The credit crisis hit as we were going to the banks. Although we spoke to about 15 banks and a few were interested, it is probably the worst time ever for them to be lending, even to profit-making businesses. To lend to a League One football club would have been very low on the list.

“We just got unlucky, so I’ve had to make a bigger commitment than I would ever have envisaged.

“The motivation for the amount of money is that it was what was needed to make Falmer happen and I am in the fortunate position of having the ability to do that. A lot of passionate Albion fans would do the same if they had the money.

“In terms of it being interest-free, I never even gave a moment’s thought to wanting to earn interest from the football club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't blame them one bit. They're hardly going to come out and tell everyone that they haven't got the funding and by the way its £93million that we need now are they!

I have no issue with them not telling us everything at all. More of an issue with the people on here who were so blind to see what was happening when with a small amount of intelligence it was clear there no bank funding and that someone was going to have to come to rescue.

I love Tony Bloom.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Not for one moment did I expect Knight and Perry had the necessary finances to ensure Falmer was completed,despite the club stating they had,at a time when projects all over the country were being cancelled secured the necessary bank loans.
The fact that Mr Bloom has stepped forward and made a huge investment could not have been forecast,so yes we were being misled which would have meant us ending up like Southampton

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The fact that Mr Bloom has stepped forward and made a huge investment could not have been forecast

kinda fast and loose with the "fact" word there, it has been suggested before. the amount is the surprise.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Why do people moan so much? Would DK and MP have spent 8 years and spent millions getting planning permission if they weren't confident of getting funding for the stadium?

You never literally have 'funding in place' until you sign contracts which would only happen after planning permission and rounds of negotiation. But it's perfectly legitimate to say funding is in place if you are 1. confident that banks will lend (as was the case a year ago) and 2. have a wealthy board member saying he'll stump up whatever can't be borrowed.

Well done DK, MP and TB for steering a steady course while many fans were panicking and for putting up with the endless moaning from people with time to post here ten times a day but not enough time to think things through before posting...

I agree with Lokki, even thought he was the main catalyst that ensured we had to rely on Tony Bloom. :censored:

So you read my book then BoF? All I can say is sorry. What's worst of all is not that I let the bank down, or that I let my customers down. It's that I let MYSELF down.

380204.jpg

When does the Boxster go back Lokki?

Can we get this straight once and for all please. Women who own hair salons in Epping drive Boxsters. I am not a woman, do not own a salon and do not live in Epping. Nor have I ever owned a Boxster. I thank you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You have never owned a boxster. Pstttt....!

Your out goings on hair gel alone, dwarfs the expenditue of any African country. Pithy me if you 'ask' for donation you capitalist tyrant. :wanker: A shameful disgrace. Do you fancy a drink in Earlsfied nest weekend>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here