Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Perry - liars?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, this is the SECOND multi-page thread on the same subject!

I think the problem is entirely down to Perry's choice of words. If he hadn't said 'Bloom has saved the project' no one would have said 'Ah so it WAS in doubt then! Told you so!'

If he'd said what apparently is the truth that Bloom had always intended to put money into the project but the credit crunch meant that he'd had to put in more than he'd envisaged then these two multi-page binfests could probably have been avoided. That just sounds like a sensible Plan B not an emergency bail-out.

Having said that though Paul Hayward has said something like the 'Falmer project was in more danger than most Seagulls fans realised' - but then he could just have been picking up on Perry's statement.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Because, as a member of the Falmer For All team, I was at a meeting well over six months ago when Martin Perry was talking about how the Club was going to manage to get the building work started at Falmer in December, using "internal" funding.

I don't expect it does any damage to reveal that now.

You really like polishing your own helmet don't you.

"Ooooh I've known since December blah blah blah"

I'm sure everyone on the board thinks you are REALLY important.....Well done!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a crap thread this is filled full of shit posts from muppets who have nothing better to do.

To all those whinging, complaining and suggesting they have been lied to, please tell me exactly where it is written in your contract as a supporter that states you are fully entitled to see the financial dealings of the club down to the last penny.

The club had to prove to the council they had funding in place. How do you think they did that? Did they forge letters from financial institutions to try and hoodwink townhall. Maybe, now this is just supposition mind you, they had a letter/documents from TB acting as a guarantor for the full amount should funding from banks fall short. Without this we wouldn't have got permission, simple as. Well, perhaps not so simple as that would mean nowhere for the conspiracy therorists to go. MP and DK have never said, as far as I am aware, that they have secured the full funding from commercial financial institutions. They have not released details as they were probably still trying to negotiate with various parties. It may well still be the case that when the credit crunch is over, some of TBs loan will be converted into a commercial loan.

I get the impression that there are a number of posters on here who would rather see the club fail if it merely proves their point one way or another. If they are wrong they don't like it and then start posting malicious and/or defamatory threads under the anonymity of an internet forum.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm trying to work out whether the accusation about the FFA team is that it was too secretive or not secretive enough.

I think the accusation is that the FFA team play too much old punky stuff on the PA at Withdean

maybe now with a new Bloom ( Bloom - broom - did you see what I did there:blush:) we should get Gully's Girls doing some Pussycat Dolls routines and we should get Led Zep stuff played a la the MKDons stadium and also Stamford Bridge last weekend

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What a crap thread this is filled full of shit posts from muppets who have nothing better to do.

To all those whinging, complaining and suggesting they have been lied to, please tell me exactly where it is written in your contract as a supporter that states you are fully entitled to see the financial dealings of the club down to the last penny.

The club had to prove to the council they had funding in place. How do you think they did that? Did they forge letters from financial institutions to try and hoodwink townhall. Maybe, now this is just supposition mind you, they had a letter/documents from TB acting as a guarantor for the full amount should funding from banks fall short. Without this we wouldn't have got permission, simple as. Well, perhaps not so simple as that would mean nowhere for the conspiracy therorists to go. MP and DK have never said, as far as I am aware, that they have secured the full funding from commercial financial institutions. They have not released details as they were probably still trying to negotiate with various parties. It may well still be the case that when the credit crunch is over, some of TBs loan will be converted into a commercial loan.

I get the impression that there are a number of posters on here who would rather see the club fail if it merely proves their point one way or another. If they are wrong they don't like it and then start posting malicious and/or defamatory threads under the anonymity of an internet forum.
I like you:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The club had to prove to the council they had funding in place. How do you think they did that? Did they forge letters from financial institutions to try and hoodwink townhall. Maybe, now this is just supposition mind you, they had a letter/documents from TB acting as a guarantor for the full amount should funding from banks fall short. Without this we wouldn't have got permission, simple as. Well, perhaps not so simple as that would mean nowhere for the conspiracy therorists to go.

I get the impression that there are a number of posters on here who would rather see the club fail if it merely proves their point one way or another.

well said that man

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
The money is there for the stadium - Fact
The club is on a sounder financial footing with no interest payments - Fact
Perry has previous stadium building experience - Fact
All Knight and Perry siad was - "that funding was in place", the only bit they forgot to mention was where it was coming from - who cares? i dont and neither will any of you when we are flying up the divisions.
(rant over - sorry)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm trying to work out whether the accusation about the FFA team is that it was too secretive or not secretive enough.

You defended the club to the hilt on here when I dared suggesting the club was having trouble stumping up the cash to pay for the ground to be built. Now you are suggesting that you knew all along, or at least since December? I'm sure we've had this debate since December though?!?

I got called all the names under the sun on here for daring to question Perry and Knight's ability to get the funding for the ground. My sources were correct. Maybe you FFA knitting circle isn't as tight as you think it is.

Still it takes a big man to admit he's wrong doesn't it!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You defended the club to the hilt on here when I dared suggesting the club was having trouble stumping up the cash to pay for the ground to be built. Now you are suggesting that you knew all along, or at least since December? I'm sure we've had this debate since December though?!?

I got called all the names under the sun on here for daring to question Perry and Knight's ability to get the funding for the ground. My sources were correct. Maybe you FFA knitting circle isn't as tight as you think it is.

Well the facts speak for themselves, the funding is there from TB delivered under the auspices of one DK and MP.

If I remember rightly you said that they (the Club) would never get the money from the bank. Arthur - Correct - big pat on back.

The lickers (LB et al) pointed out that the club said the funding was in place - it transpires that it was from TB, but none the less was in place. Lickers Correct - Pat on back.

As has also been pointed out, TB has been pumping money into the club for the last three years and in reality DK has had very little say in how the club was run hence the departure of mcGhee, DW which was I am led to belive driven by the Bloom's - it's his money !!! So any statement made by the club wrt funding and the stadium had to be with TB agreement - and has also been pointed out to the statisfaction of the Council.

So in summary,

The club et al DK and MP were correct. As were you.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

He's not wrong, the club did have the funding for the stadium. As has now been proven.

He's not wrong, the club did have the funding for the stadium. As has now been proven.

Not necessarily. It's proven that the funding is in place now, not that it was in place when the club claimed it was back in October. We'll probably never know for sure and to be honest it no longer really matters.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Blimey, this is the SECOND multi-page thread on the same subject!

I think the problem is entirely down to Perry's choice of words. If he hadn't said 'Bloom has saved the project' no one would have said 'Ah so it WAS in doubt then! Told you so!'

If he'd said what apparently is the truth that Bloom had always intended to put money into the project but the credit crunch meant that he'd had to put in more than he'd envisaged then these two multi-page binfests could probably have been avoided. That just sounds like a sensible Plan B not an emergency bail-out.

Having said that though Paul Hayward has said something like the 'Falmer project was in more danger than most Seagulls fans realised' - but then he could just have been picking up on Perry's statement.

I never thought that the Falmer project would work. But I said that years and years ago.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not necessarily. It's proven that the funding is in place now, not that it was in place when the club claimed it was back in October.

But Tony Bloom was there back in October, and so was his wallet.
So the club were perfectly correct in saying funding was in place.

But Tony Bloom was there back in October, and so was his wallet.
So the club were perfectly correct in saying funding was in place.

Yes, we was there. How do YOU know that he was willing to cough up over £60m back then? Because he hasn't indicated that that was the case, and nor have anyone else on the board. What he had agreed to do was lend some money in order to start the building works to speed up the process. The club would then have more time to source funding from the banks.

Oh no sorry I forgot, Dick Knight's master plan had this all worked out all along. Even back in 2005 when TB was not a shareholder.

Anyhoo, what's done is done. We have a new stadium secured and I for one am chuffed.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here