Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Perry - liars?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
For f*** sake.
Tony Bloom has NOT just walked through the door 24 hours ago to rescue Falmer for us. He's been on the board for YEARS. Even in a worse-case scenario (ie the banks not lending, which is what happened), he was there to ensure Falmer WOULD STILL BE FUNDED.

As we have been told time and time again - the financing is in place for when it is needed. And that is EXACTLY what has transpired. Its only those who seem to have a permanent downer on Pwerry and Knight who are contriving to use this BRILLIANT news as a stick to beat them with.

*andbreathe*

wot he said

Bloom said so himself in the interview; didn't think he would be (didn't envisage), but always could and as it turns out, has done.

It's pathetic how so many people like the sound of their own voice/want to appear in the know/think their opinion is more important than the facts.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
For f*** sake.
Tony Bloom has NOT just walked through the door 24 hours ago to rescue Falmer for us. He's been on the board for YEARS. Even in a worse-case scenario (ie the banks not lending, which is what happened), he was there to ensure Falmer WOULD STILL BE FUNDED.

As we have been told time and time again - the financing is in place for when it is needed. And that is EXACTLY what has transpired. Its only those who seem to have a permanent downer on Pwerry and Knight who are contriving to use this BRILLIANT news as a stick to beat them with.

*andbreathe*

Well said Dave.When we were given the go ahead with the new updated planning application for Falmer early this year we also had to prove funding was there.It was with Blooms imput.I can't believe how thick people can be.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have queried for months where the money was coming from but no details were released,any number of supporters have praised Knight for the huge sum obtained but he made no effort to come clean on this situation,now we have the truth and a new Chairman,things can only get better.
Prime example of a moron.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But how many times did my dad question where the money for the stadium was coming from and he was always told that it was in place yet Martin Perry says in the argus that without Bloom's cash injection we would of gone to the wall!
Im only young but surely Perry is as guilty as Knight and should go as well.
Knight was always ready for the radio when we were doing well!

Number 2.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
1) Previous insistance that the Falmer funding was fine?

2) Where has the £93 million figure come from?

I know these are already seperate issues being discussed, but I think the Bloom input has rather overshadowed the fact that we seem to have been lied to a bit.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

number 3

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There are people who, had they known a year ago that funding from the banks was proving as difficult as it has, would have used that fact to try to stop the stadium going ahead.

A further delay would have pushed the costs up even more.

are you saying that the higher costs where always known and the lending was already much more difficult thatn we thought before the credit markets froze up properly in the autumn? once it was past the inquiry, what further delay could their be. is there any risk that costs where hidden from the inquiry? i dont like being a mushroom.

Amazing! The truth is now out.

So when the funding was discussed extensively on here in relation to the credit crunch, and certain prolific pro-club posters kept treating anyone who was slightly sceptical as an idiot, then it was just club spin?

I remember ridiculous positions being taken that because the club was not applying for a domestic household mortgage, then the credit crunch wasn't an issue.

Dear oh dear. :nono:
You're using the phrase "pro-club poster" as if it is some badge of shame. What do you mean?

No-one on the FFA team ever treated people as idiots. And if you think the point of the Falmer For All campaign was to spin a club line, you are seriously wide of the mark.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Surely we're all 'pro-club' because we all support the club?

All? I think you're forgetting those noble, upstanding citizens on here - who only support the club when events happen in precisely the way they want them to. :nono:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
are you saying that the higher costs where always known and the lending was already much more difficult thatn we thought before the credit markets froze up properly in the autumn? once it was past the inquiry, what further delay could their be. is there any risk that costs where hidden from the inquiry? i dont like being a mushroom.

It is a football club - not the government. If you do not want to be a mushroom make yourself a pile and join the board.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
One thing those who are saying that Knight and Perry are liars are forgetting is that the club had to provide B&H council with proof that they had the finance in place prior to them granting the initial planning permission for the stadium...Just because Perry is saying now that if it weren't for Bloom then the stadium project would not have got off the ground doesn't mean to say that he(Bloom) wasn't involved in the funding process when the designs were first put forward.

As anyone with an ounce of project management experience would know, due diligence has to take place prior to a project starting and the council would have thoroughly gone through this prior to granting planning permission and anyone who thinks that a project of this scale can be funded purely by lottery/football foundation grants is a fool!!!

Oh and by the way, if you read the article correctly, it states that the entire project comes in at £93 million and that includes the money chucked down the drain over the last 12 years during the planning application process!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You're using the phrase "pro-club poster" as if it is some badge of shame. What do you mean?

No-one on the FFA team ever treated people as idiots. And if you think the point of the Falmer For All campaign was to spin a club line, you are seriously wide of the mark.

Not as a badge of shame - as a label to indicate the small group I was referring to.

I don't know the complete list of who is in the FFA team to be honest.

I was talking about people alledgedly in the know who aggressively shouted down anyone who expressed the opinion that bank funding would not be forthcoming because of the credit crunch.

There was a ridiculous argument proposed that because the club wasn't applying for a standard mortgage and that it was a commercial venture then the funding wouldn't be a problem.

This seemed a stupid viewpoint at the time, but scepticism of it was loudly shouted down. And people who know about the financial markets were, in fact, treated as idiots.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There was a ridiculous argument proposed that because the club wasn't applying for a standard mortgage and that it was a commercial venture then the funding wouldn't be a problem.

This seemed a stupid viewpoint at the time, but scepticism of it was loudly shouted down. And people who know about the financial markets were in fact treated as idiots.

If it still rankles - find the postings and name and shame. Better than scatter-gun criticism where it seems everyone except your intended targets is under fire.

First of all ask - does it really matter ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
But I've never made secret of the fact that I trust DK and the board implicitly. Perhaps that just makes me a mug. But time and again, the people running this club have come up with the goods, and shown that they have the best interests of this grand old institution at heart.

When they told me that the funding was in place for this thing, I believed them. I always did. Perhaps it was hopeless sentimentalism that made me think "they wouldn't even be starting it all if they couldn't carry it through". But the assurances have been borne out - Tony Bloom always had the clout to make it happen. And as he's said himself, its taken a lot more out of his wallet than he ever envisaged - but his wallet was always there for this.

Thats what I believe anyway. Sentimantal idiot that I am.

You and me both.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You can always rely on good old WW to start a thread where he can moan. I have a few reservations about the current situation but so do many others. However, let's face a fact, Mr Bloom cannot do any more harm to this club than any of his predecessors and whatever happens would have happened in any case.

Taking a more positive stance maybe our fortunes have changed and there can be no dispute that Tony Bloom has put his hand very deeply into his pocket more than once. He's a fan of the club which is more than can be said for many club 'owners' so let him get on with it. Thanks Dick but we're with TB now.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If it still rankles - find the postings and name and shame. Better than scatter-gun criticism where it seems everyone except your intended targets is under fire.

First of all ask - does it really matter ?

No, in the bigger picture it doesn't matter.

Now the question - find the posts and drag this out, ultimately fruitlessly, or let it drop now. Must admit, I feel the point has been made sufficiently and I can't be bothered to keep bashing on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No, in the bigger picture it doesn't matter.

Now the question - find the posts and drag this out, ultimately fruitlessly, or let it drop now. Must admit, I feel the point has been made sufficiently and I can't be bothered to keep bashing on.

Agreed :clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here