Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Potter still favourite ahead of Russell Martin and Liam Rosenior moves up to 3rd in latest betting.

FFS we’re never going to appoint Potter, what are you thinking?

Does anyone here honestly think we’re going to move backwards? That on the list of potential successors to RDZ we’d have the previous guy who couldn’t get us that high, and who was the catalyst for major mid-season disaster management?

Let me spell it out: The press are touting Potter because he’s

1. managed us before
2. is out of work and
3. still lives locally.

That means a clueless press have put 2+2 together and made five, and some equally clueless money has followed.

There’s nothing more to it than that. Put it out of your head. You’ve gone wrong.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No I'm not. I'm saying that at that time Trossard was still ahead of Mitoma and it was common for him to play on the left. He and Cucarella had struck up a very good partnership on that side under Potter.
But in comparison the ones I quoted are very much wingers, Trossard clearly (IMO) is not.
Potter’s teams play more narrow.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trossard often plays on the wing for Arsenal doesn’t he?
Don’t know, I don’t watch other teams, just talking about Potter’s style and where he played for us, which is a lot narrower than the RdZ teams, who played with natural wingers.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Does anyone here honestly think we’re going to move backwards? That on the list of potential successors to RDZ we’d have the previous guy who couldn’t get us that high, and who was the catalyst for major mid-season disaster management?

1. managed us before
2. is out of work and
3. still lives locally.

That means a clueless press have put 2+2 together and made five, and some equally clueless money has followed.

There’s nothing more to it than that. Put it out of your head. You’ve gone wrong.
As I and others said more than once last week.

You’re banging your head against a brick wall mate. No sensible talking here please. This is NSC bedwetting at it’s best.🙂

What most people focussing on GP seem to forget is that Potter was a progression from the football we played under Hughton. He advanced us. RDZ was a progressive choice who built upon what we were doing under Potter. He advanced us even more. Those wanting/ambivalent to GP returning recognise that RDZ progressed our football but still seem to think the Club would employ a manager that represents a regression of how we now play.

Anyone who can’t see that contradiction is lacking any kind of football intelligence imo.

Potter isn’t the only available manager out there, nor is he the most suitable for us - Europe has plenty of young, upwardly mobile managers that would be a far better match than GP and you can be pretty sure TB has been tracking them since before we even employed RDZ.

1. managed us before
2. is out of work and
3. still lives locally.

Don't think Potter will be back and would rather its someone else, my post was the latest betting which could be way off the mark!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Potter still favourite ahead of Russell Martin and Liam Rosenior moves up to 3rd in latest betting.
That list (if anywhere near true) doesn’t scream out keeping track of the up and coming managers throughout Europe and beyond

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s amazing how a 91 page thread titled Kieran McKenna has minimal mention of Kieran McKenna
You're new to NSC, right ?

The thread hasn't even moved onto Brexit yet

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Don't think Potter will be back and would rather its someone else, my post was the latest betting which could be way off the mark!

We don’t seem to leak as badly/brief as relentlessly as other clubs. That leaves a void which our beloved press then attempt to fill. People who are willing to speculate then pop some money on what was said in the paper, and sure enough the odds shorten.

Apologies if my response seemed aggressive, my frustration is with the idea that anyone who knows and supports the club would support Potter’s return, not you personally.

Potter did a job for us, then left in a bad way, had a new haircut and an image consultant makeover within a week, and started talking about Brighton as “the easy life.”

He’s not coming back, and that’s a good thing. Whether he gets offered the Manchester United job or lives out his days eating cereal in his underpants and dressing gown, he’s not our problem any more.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Disagree.

He’s just watched all last year’s promoted clubs, get relegated.

Plus we have a reputation for being unusually well-run.

If it’s Albion or Ipswich he’s choosing us
Truly hope you're right.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The problem with young, up and coming is that a) it could take them a while to get things working and b) as soon as they do get things working (which might be just the second half of the second season), they'll get poached by a rich club. So we get two seasons of mid-table finishes, and then lose our manager.

It's worked for Villa with an experienced manager who has already had a good chance at big clubs, so they got someone who was good from the start, but wasn't immediately poached as they'd had their chance before.
Would be nice to have an experienced manager with pedigree, but the problem for Albion is they are at clubs that they would be unlikely to leave. I'm not sure who's on the dole at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here