Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

We don’t seem to leak as badly/brief as relentlessly as other clubs. That leaves a void which our beloved press then attempt to fill. People who are willing to speculate then pop some money on what was said in the paper, and sure enough the odds shorten.

Apologies if my response seemed aggressive, my frustration is with the idea that anyone who knows and supports the club would support Potter’s return, not you personally.

Potter did a job for us, then left in a bad way, had a new haircut and an image consultant makeover within a week, and started talking about Brighton as “the easy life.”

He’s not coming back, and that’s a good thing. Whether he gets offered the Manchester United job or lives out his days eating cereal in his underpants and dressing gown, he’s not our problem any more.
FWIW I think we'll unearth someone not even in betting market. There are hundreds out there all over the world and expect Bloom/Barber to recruit a relatively unknown.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Would Potter be in the thoughts of Utd bosses should they decide to sack ETH. He would be a good fit for them if it's a rebuild Ratcliffe is proposing with younger players. I'm sure some on here would actually want him to go there rather than to us. But imagine if we approached him and he turned us down...NOW THAT WOULD BE A KICK IN THE GOOLIES 🤣

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would Potter be in the thoughts of Utd bosses should they decide to sack ETH. He would be a good fit for them if it's a rebuild Ratcliffe is proposing with younger players. I'm sure some on here would actually want him to go there rather than to us. But imagine if we approached him and he turned us down...NOW THAT WOULD BE A KICK IN THE GOOLIES 🤣

Telegraph saying it’s Poch and Frank in the running.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yet Potter didn’t play Mitoma, even though he’d torn Trippier apart, although that was in the latter part and pushed Solly towards a wingback position, rather than more offensive. It’s not like he didn’t see him in training, he just didn’t fit the Potter style.

RdZ offensively, is comfortably better than Potter for me, defensively however completely the opposite.
De Zerbi didn't play Mitoma either, until injury forced him to play Trossard as false nine and Mitoma on the wing.

The reality is that in beginning of the 22/23 season, Mitoma coming on as LWB and operating alongside Trossard on the left wing against a set of tired defenders... it was a success (and very sadly we never saw the Mitoma-Tross flank under Roberto), and we would not have changed until we started losing or had injuries.

But Potter spent the entire summer praising Mitoma and I'm 100% certain he would eventually have made the starting role in one position or another.
Potter used Mitoma as a sub for his first six games, Roberto used him as a sub for a similar amount of games. Knowing how good Mitoma is, we could see it as a bit silly now, but in a lot of ways its the optimal way to start a PL career. He's the type of lad who had to understand the tempo of the PL or he'd have wasted all his energy trying to "chase the pace" within the first 20 minutes of a game .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Chelsea and United have screwed us over here. McKenna was probably keen to come, but then those clubs get interested and suddenly we don't look as attractive anymore. Then they stop looking and McKenna is left with the not-as-good-as-it-could-have-been option of Brighton or staying at Ipswich. Might as well stay put.

Its also probably better for him, everything is built for him at Ipswich, a bit of investment in the squad (and the owners sound rich) and if he is as good as everyone says he is he could do pretty well next year, maybe the same as what he could do here considering that he'd be starting from scratch at Brighton. And he wouldn't have the whole of football thinking he's a judas.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Telegraph saying it’s Poch and Frank in the running.
Great player and did quite well at Derby but not sure he’s done enough for United job

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great player and did quite well at Derby but not sure he’s done enough for United job
Done enough? Has he done anything which merits the United job?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Chelsea and United have screwed us over here. McKenna was probably keen to come, but then those clubs get interested and suddenly we don't look as attractive anymore. Then they stop looking and McKenna is left with the not-as-good-as-it-could-have-been option of Brighton or staying at Ipswich. Might as well stay put.

Its also probably better for him, everything is built for him at Ipswich, a bit of investment in the squad (and the owners sound rich) and if he is as good as everyone says he is he could do pretty well next year, maybe the same as what he could do here considering that he'd be starting from scratch at Brighton. And he wouldn't have the whole of football thinking he's a judas.
They will almost certainly struggle as just over a year ago they were a league one club. They can't just spend to stay in the division due to P&SR. There is every likelihood if he stays at Ipswich, he'll have a relegation on his cv. I know it didn't seem to hurt Kompany but he also has some titles on his with Anderlecht!! I think we are by far a better option however it does seem that he is going to stay.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here