Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ketamine

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You just cant grasp the difference between a pharmaceutically controlled administration of a carefully regulated drug formulation and illegal self dosing of uncontrolled substances.

Are you qualified to do the sort of research you claim to be doing?

I would certainly not have trusted you with the job.

I'm not researching it by injecting the stuff into my body and documenting my findings! I have just spent a lot of time reading up on the subject and discussing it with users for a project I once worked on.

I know full well the difference between the medicinal use of Ketamine and its recreational use and abuse, hence why I've always made the distinction between the two in every post I've made.

You have still not told us where any information you have on the issue has come from, what makes you any kind of authority on the matter and why you are so determined to get the last word. You've also accused me of encouraging others to use it and suggested I myself am an addict without any proof, despite having been asked to provide it.

If you knew anything aout it I'd enjoy having a logical debate on the matter but it appears you don't and you're just propagating absolute nonsense about Ketamine based on some archaic notion that because it's illegal it must be killing people. If people want to try Ketamine thats their business and I'm not fussed either way but I won't just stand back whilst somebody else starts spouting off on something of which they've absolutely no understanding. Can you not see where I'm coming from?

Take a step back, stop being so defensive and consider that I'm not the pill popping, powder snorting, child endangering monster you're suggesting but rather a fellow forum user who happens to know a bit more about this than you do. I'm just sharing what I know whilst you're bandying about false accusations and paranoid reactionary lies.

I wouldn't have the audacity to come on here and tell people I know what's going on in the war in Afghanistan having never been there or spent any significant time reading up and learning about it. Why therefore are you presenting AS FACT the tripe you're coming out with based on nothing but a badly written article from a widely discredited right wing newspaper?

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
To be blunt, you can do exactly what you want. I'm happy or you to loose a vital organ or even die. But, dont come on an open access site and big up illegal drugs. It may make you feel like a real man, but it dont impress me much.

I have not come here to 'big' up anything. I do not use ketamine. But I object to your attempts to control (by force) what people want to do with their own bodies. Life is a risk. Everything we do that pushes the boundaries of experience should not be banned. Minimise risk and you degradate life.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm not researching it by injecting the stuff into my body and documenting my findings! I have just spent a lot of time reading up on the subject and discussing it with users for a project I once worked on.

I know full well the difference between the medicinal use of Ketamine and its recreational use and abuse, hence why I've always made the distinction between the two in every post I've made.

You have still not told us where any information you have on the issue has come from, what makes you any kind of authority on the matter and why you are so determined to get the last word. You've also accused me of encouraging others to use it and suggested I myself am an addict without any proof, despite having been asked to provide it.

If you knew anything aout it I'd enjoy having a logical debate on the matter but it appears you don't and you're just propagating absolute nonsense about Ketamine based on some archaic notion that because it's illegal it must be killing people. If people want to try Ketamine thats their business and I'm not fussed either way but I won't just stand back whilst somebody else starts spouting off on something of which they've absolutely no understanding. Can you not see where I'm coming from?

Take a step back, stop being so defensive and consider that I'm not the pill popping, powder snorting, child endangering monster you're suggesting but rather a fellow forum user who happens to know a bit more about this than you do. I'm just sharing what I know whilst you're bandying about false accusations and paranoid reactionary lies.

I wouldn't have the audacity to come on here and tell people I know what's going on in the war in Afghanistan having never been there or spent any significant time reading up and learning about it. Why therefore are you presenting AS FACT the tripe you're coming out with based on nothing but a badly written article from a widely discredited right wing newspaper?

I get your drift. But you are ignoring the social context of the idiots that take it (often without knowing as it is put in spliffs and sold as other drugs). And as for controlled pharmeuceutical dosage, that is a joke from the pill pushing pharmaceutical companies that dispense legally drugs that do more harm than good. I put Ketamine down as as a wankers/paedophile drug. It has no merit recreationally or medically (except possibly as a cough depressant: similar dissociative drugs used to be included in cough medicines).

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
lol how is it a paedo drug?

ive found it mostly done by stoners who wont to feel even more monged and dubstep fans (how you can skank to skrillex while on special k i dont know)

I obv dont know about you personally, but im guessing you have never tried it yourself so how can you say it has no merit recreationally, and its very naive to say it has no use medically, as pointed out before it has been used in medical treatment for many things for along time. I think doctors know what is best for their patients (unless its insulin in a saline drip of course)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is very irresponsible for people to mouth off about matters of which they've no understanding.
If he's saying "drugs are bad, don't do them", but he doesn't have research on this drug, you think that's irresponsible of him - why, what's the worst thing that could happen from his advice? Someone could take his advice and say no to drugs - somebody call a doctor!

Whereas other advice on this thread is that basically drugs are fine, have a blast, so long as you take them in moderation. Don't worry what shit someone put in them to make them cheap/look authentic to get your money. Don't worry how these might affect your long term mental health, or how your future children could be disabled from your drug abuse, because it's party time!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I haven't read the thread but I've done a fair amount of experementing, only tried K once and it just made me feel a bit drunk and stoned. The day after the party I spilled my friends baggie when clearing up and he thanked me because it was getting a bit moreish. I could see where he was coming from. I've heard horrible stories of K parties where people are just sitting around dribbling on eachover due to being out of their minds lterally.

I'm extremely liberal when it comes to drugs, don't do a lot now but think it's the choice of the individual and that's the stance I would take with any children of mine. Prohibition is a giant failurer but we've done this on this forum before.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have not come here to 'big' up anything. I do not use ketamine. But I object to your attempts to control (by force) what people want to do with their own bodies. Life is a risk. Everything we do that pushes the boundaries of experience should not be banned. Minimise risk and you degradate life.

You might not appreciate if but I agree with this. Life is to experience a wide specrum and I feel sorry for those who dont open upto that but at the same time I respect people who make a life choice not to because they enjoy having a tea and watching neighbours ona Friday night. Whatever makes you happy, everyone is their own individual. Although I can't live with people who dont experience things because the 'man' told them not to because VERYBADTHINGS will happen. At the end of the day life is a risk and controlling substances is bullshit and it hasn't worked.

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The last time I took ketamine, I watched Star Wars Phantom Menace when it came out and it made more sense than it ever has done sober.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Brighton is the drugs death capital of Europe not because of the large amount of recreational users but becuase of the addicts that are attracted to Brighton for various reasons. These include having one of the best drug addiction support and rehab services in England. I had an acquaintance who was a recovering heroin addict, not my usual choice of friends. She was from Birmingham and moved down here to get clean through the support services. She used to go back to Brum thinking she was over it but slip back into the same cycle, before moving back down here. It's these users that are most at risk of death due to changes in their tolerance and overdosing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why?

They use it in hospitals, where they make people better.

You could believe everything the Daily Mail tells you is true or you could do your own research.

It just so happens that I have spent much time studying recreational use of Ketamine, its effects on people and its addictive qualities.

You are suggesting that you know better than me but have not given any credentials to back this up. Perhaps you could explain to us what experience you have that qualifies you as some kind of authority on the matter?

I am by no means advocating its use, just detailing what I know about it having taken time to do my own research. You may not understand it or any of the reasons as to why it is a popular recreational drug but that doesn't make it inherently evil or dangerous. It is very irresponsible for people to mouth off about matters of which they've no understanding.

Perhaps consider revising your stance from "it kills people, you're all stupid" to "I don't understand it and don't care to learn".

If the Daily Mail told you our city was full of witches who needed to be burned at the stake, would you join in the witch hunt?

I doubt the Daily Mail has anything to do with this. Presumably it was the Urologist on the BBC who pointed out how many people's lives are ruined by repeated use and the consequent long term urinary problems - I suspect he's seen a fair bit of research too (as well as all the patients he's having to treat). He also said the idea that the drug is not addictive is a myth as higher & higher dosages are required. It's used as a painkiller and people reach a point where the only drug that will stop the bladder pain caused by the ketamine is... More ketamine.

Of course, I'm sure he's just part of some conspiracy to stop people having fun rather than a proper scientist like you.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I doubt the Daily Mail has anything to do with this. Presumably it was the Urologist on the BBC who pointed out how many people's lives are ruined by repeated use and the consequent long term urinary problems - I suspect he's seen a fair bit of research too (as well as all the patients he's having to treat). He also said the idea that the drug is not addictive is a myth as higher & higher dosages are required. It's used as a painkiller and people reach a point where the only drug that will stop the bladder pain caused by the ketamine is... More ketamine.

Of course, I'm sure he's just part of some conspiracy to stop people having fun rather than a proper scientist like you.

The problem with using proper science in drugs arguments is that if the facts prove to be something that the media/government don't like, it doesn't get listened to.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'm one of the youngest people on this forum, however if I saw somebody post "Inject heroin into your eyeballs" I would not go out a do it. Us youth of today, don't need to be told to do something. Most of us live on a rule of "Try everything once",

Speed > Ket, btw everybody. FHACT.

Why does none of that not surprise me. Things will be a bit different when you grow up.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
NSC is read by many youngster, some of which are not bright enough to ignore the macho boasts of those taking illegal drugs.

If my thrashing at the keyboard for the last hour stops just one of those listening to the cretinous advice given here about the 'proven' safety of ketamine then its worth it.

But you come across as a self-righteous bore. Kids don't want to be boring...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Although I can't live with people who dont experience things because the 'man' told them not to because VERYBADTHINGS will happen.
You think that the only reason people don't take drugs is because the 'man' told them not to. That's like those people thinking you only take drugs because your 'mates' told you to. Those who say no are as capable (probably more) of individual thought and making their own decisions.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Brighton is the drugs death capital of Europe not because of the large amount of recreational users

fair enough but f***ing hell i would say it punches well above its weight for the recreational side as well.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
As part of my work, we use Ketamine as sedation. It's quite an amazing drug to see the effects. Very interesting what drugs do to people!

I even heard Midazolam was started to be used on the black market. That's just terrifying!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here