Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ketamine

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why?

They use it in hospitals, where they make people better.

Why dont you read this over a few times and ask yourself how this compares to an unregulated substance supplied on the black market and self administered in an adhoc fashion.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Why dont you read this over a few times and ask yourself how this compares to an unregulated substance supplied on the black market and self administered in an adhoc fashion.

The difference is generally a different route of administration.

I wasn't suggesting that it is perfectly fine and we should all be doing it, just that it's not like cocaine - a chemical that's manufactured from harmful ingredients specifically for the recreational effects its users enjoy. Ketamine is a controlled substance with medicinal properties that has been well researched so as to ensure it's safe for use in humans (and certain animals).

And as a general rule the stuff you'll find on the streets IS the same as the medical grade stuff you'll find in hospitals. As it's relatively easy to get hold of (apparently) it isn't expensive and because it isn't physically addictive there's no attempt by dealers to get users hooked on it so as to increase their sales. Therefore people don't cut it with other substances (glucose, baking powder, washing powder etc.) to stretch it further. Generally speaking what you buy illegally on the street is the same as doctors are using in hospitals around the world. The difference is that most recreational users are abusing it in its crystalised form whereas in medicine it is administered intramuscularly in liquid form.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why not legalise then? And regulate? For those that can benefit?

This is shifting the discussion to an altogether different argument, and is a tactic often employed by politicians when they are loosing.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Why?

They use it in hospitals, where they make people better.

You could believe everything the Daily Mail tells you is true or you could do your own research.

It just so happens that I have spent much time studying recreational use of Ketamine, its effects on people and its addictive qualities.

You are suggesting that you know better than me but have not given any credentials to back this up. Perhaps you could explain to us what experience you have that qualifies you as some kind of authority on the matter?

I am by no means advocating its use, just detailing what I know about it having taken time to do my own research. You may not understand it or any of the reasons as to why it is a popular recreational drug but that doesn't make it inherently evil or dangerous. It is very irresponsible for people to mouth off about matters of which they've no understanding.

Perhaps consider revising your stance from "it kills people, you're all stupid" to "I don't understand it and don't care to learn".

If the Daily Mail told you our city was full of witches who needed to be burned at the stake, would you join in the witch hunt?

He comes from Bishop's Stortford (where I mostly grew up), so he just sticks his head in the sand like the overwhelming majority of the locals did when I was there - & no doubt still do. There's no point you wasting your breath, quite honestly.

*yawn*

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
[MENTION=2393]Uncle C[/MENTION], genuine question: why do you feel so strongly about this? Have you been affected personally? Do you know people who've suffered through misuse of Ketamine?

I just don't understand your motivation

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The difference is generally a different route of administration.

I wasn't suggesting that it is perfectly fine and we should all be doing it, just that it's not like cocaine - a chemical that's manufactured from harmful ingredients specifically for the recreational effects its users enjoy. Ketamine is a controlled substance with medicinal properties that has been well researched so as to ensure it's safe for use in humans (and certain animals).

And as a general rule the stuff you'll find on the streets IS the same as the medical grade stuff you'll find in hospitals. As it's relatively easy to get hold of (apparently) it isn't expensive and because it isn't physically addictive there's no attempt by dealers to get users hooked on it so as to increase their sales. Therefore people don't cut it with other substances (glucose, baking powder, washing powder etc.) to stretch it further. Generally speaking what you buy illegally on the street is the same as doctors are using in hospitals around the world. The difference is that most recreational users are abusing it in its crystalised form whereas in medicine it is administered intramuscularly in liquid form.

There's an awful lot of "generally's" which suggest there are times when this doesn't happen.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
This is shifting the discussion to an altogether different argument, and is a tactic often employed by politicians when they are loosing.

you changed the discussion... by saying 'ask yourself how this compares to an unregulated substance supplied on the black market and self administered in an adhoc fashion.'

this thread was about the drug... good and bad... not about it's illegality. It is you that is loose....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He comes from Bishop's Stortford (where I mostly grew up), so he just sticks his head in the sand like the overwhelming majority of the locals did when I was there - & no doubt still do. There's no point you wasting your breath, quite honestly.

*yawn*

Hello TT nice of you to join us. I suppose it never occurred to you, that supporting Brighton I might have come from elsewhere.

Bit of a bigot aren't we.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hello TT nice of you to join us. I suppose it never occurred to you, that supporting Brighton I might have come from elsewhere.

Bit of a bigot aren't we.

Perhaps, but probably no more so than the next person. So how is life in sunny Stortford these days? Any less bland than it was the last time I visited??

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
[MENTION=2393]Uncle C[/MENTION], genuine question: why do you feel so strongly about this? Have you been affected personally? Do you know people who've suffered through misuse of Ketamine?

I just don't understand your motivation

NSC is read by many youngster, some of which are not bright enough to ignore the macho boasts of those taking illegal drugs.

If my thrashing at the keyboard for the last hour stops just one of those listening to the cretinous advice given here about the 'proven' safety of ketamine then its worth it.

Let me ask you a question. What is it that makes you think you cant live without getting out your head on illegal drugs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here