Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo Testamonial Officially Against.....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
But, as you say, his best days are long gone, and both this game and Kerry Mayo are past their sell-by date.
absolute rubbish!!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am with Yorkie on this one, I thought Kerry had a good game at Northampton. I was there with my brother, who watches on average 3/4 games a season, he passed comment on how solid our defence looked...compared to anything he had seen for the last couple of seasons or so, I would have to agree in that respect.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm with the BADGER to a relative degree, but 97/98/99 he was certainly rated, possibly a bit like we now rate obvious class such as McShane previous and Lynch.

If you remember those seasons you will recall that we felt Kerry was an inmense talent, so he recieved plaudits higher than his performances. it was also (as recently) a barren spell for talent.

A chimpanzie would tell you he is at Conference standard at the very best, but so are many others who have propped up the North Stand over the past 3 seasons, he deserves his day, but his day is now over.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Northampton were TOILET. I thought we were negative, predictable, and slow at times, but then I saw them:lolol:

I saw them too and yes they were toilet but Mayo had a good game. It was difficult defending in that wind and he always looked threatening going forward. He deserves this testimonial. Can't people just get off his back for one week?

Good grief ... there are some sour bastards about, who will moan about anything.

If it's good enough for the ginger prince, it's good enough for me. I'm happy to repay the loyalty he's shown us by turning out to wish him all he deserves.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Buzzer said:
Can't people just get off his back for one week?

Obviously not but I dont know why! :nono:

He's Brighton through & through and i've never seen him give less than 100% so what is peoples problems with him?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
I'm happy to repay the loyalty he's shown us by turning out to wish him all he deserves.

I'm not sure anyone is disagreeing with that. Even Adrie (subject to a cap at a fiver, anyway).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
I'm with the BADGER to a relative degree, but 97/98/99 he was certainly rated, possibly a bit like we now rate obvious class such as McShane previous and Lynch.

If you remember those seasons you will recall that we felt Kerry was an inmense talent, so he recieved plaudits higher than his performances. it was also (as recently) a barren spell for talent.

A chimpanzie would tell you he is at Conference standard at the very best, but so are many others who have propped up the North Stand over the past 3 seasons, he deserves his day, but his day is now over.

Fortunately I don't talk to chimpanzee's and they don't answer back.
He is only 28 for goodness sake and League one is his standard. He is keeping Sam Rents out of the team.
What do you expect from him?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bozza said:
I'm not sure anyone is disagreeing with that. Even Adrie (subject to a cap at a fiver, anyway).

Can't we leave the usual Mayo is shit posts to another thread though? Even on this thread people can't seem to help themselves but bitch about the bloke.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
Kerry played very well at Northampton (and other games) for someone who can't cut it in the football league anymore.

Well if he was that shit then why do all our managers keep giving him new contracts? Maybe the common link is he's Quite a good footballer!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So why is it that because Rougvie and I (plus many others I am sure) feel he is no longer up to the job we are accused of getting on his back and being sour, yet if I was now claiming Mayo is the greatest player to ever pull on an albion shirt there wouldn't be a word said (apart from suspicions that I may be under the influence of class A drugs!)?

Bollocks - it's where and when you choose to do it. Your comments here are back-handed compliments at best and snide little jibes at worst.

Reading's shit, Kerry's shit, the timing's shit, the gate will be shit. Even when he was playing well, it was only because the rest of the team were shit. Have I missed anything out?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yorkie said:
Fortunately I don't talk to chimpanzee's and they don't answer back.
He is only 28 for goodness sake and League one is his standard. He is keeping Sam Rents out of the team.
What do you expect from him?

Sorry, just dont agree, for FOUR season he has been a 'fringe' player.

McGhee wanted rid, but only non league sides came in for him, I have the greatest respect for you as a fellow supporter, but time and time again over the last few years CONSISTENTLY (thats not rating him on the odd performance) he is not up to FL standard.

I'm going to support the testimonial (I think my old man is even looking at hospitality) but thats as far as it goes for me, we have to move on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
British Bulldog said:
Well if he was that shit then why do all our managers keep giving him new contracts? Maybe the common link is he's Quite a good footballer!

...and those that seem to know better wouldn't know one end of football management from the other. Completely agree, BB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here