Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo Testamonial Officially Against.....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
turienzo's lovechild said:
i'll only be happy if ulises de la cruz plays

Is he what's known as "flair"?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Trying to fill Withdean would be a better idea, the attraction of most of the players Kerry played with in his early days wouldn't fill the iddy biddy stand at Withdean.

OGH, Minton, Reinelt help me here I'm struggling.....
Bobby Zamora ;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I don't know about you but it has always been my DREAM to see Rod Thomas once again don the stripes. :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Well I don't know about you but it has always been my DREAM to see Rod Thomas once again don the stripes. :clap2:

That is an excellent call :clap2: how could I forget such an excellent goalkeeper :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Trying to fill Withdean would be a better idea, the attraction of most of the players Kerry played with in his early days wouldn't fill the iddy biddy stand at Withdean.

OGH, Minton, Reinelt help me here I'm struggling.....

Maybe, but then again these players helped save the club and it would be a proper chance to say thank you, no?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Maybe, but then again these players helped save the club and it would be a proper chance to say thank you, no?

I said thank you by turning up at Gillingham week in week out the next season, where they tried to repeat the previous season's close escape :rolleyes:

Last edited:

What a fantastic all-time forward line we can have

Dirk Lehmann, Danny Webb, Federico turienzo (or possibly Lorenzo pinamonte).

presumably not asking the disater that was Bobby Zamora:lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Goodfella said:
I was at Northampton, and he played a good game.

What a servant he has been for this club, he deserves Withdean to be packed to the rafters, regardless of who the opposition is.

First, find some rafters ....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
anyone else had a gander at what the reading fans made of it on the hob nob anyone site?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rougvie said:
Sorry, just dont agree, for FOUR season he has been a 'fringe' player.
WRONG!

The stats suggest otherwise...

Appearances...
2002-03: 43 appearances
2003-04: 37 appearances + 2 sub
2004-05: 22 appearances + 6 sub
2005-06: 15 appearances + 4 sub
2006-07: 31 appearances + 3 sub so far

Four of the past five seasons he has played over 50% of the matches. That's hardly fringe.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Goldstone Era
Rust & Omerod
Maskell
Baird
Mcdonald
Hobson
Ross Johnson

Withers
Walton
Watson
Cullip
Blackwell
Rodgers
Rodger
Chippy
Paul Brooker
Nathan Jones
Zamora
Steele

Pretty much most people with 200+ games for the albion deserve a big shout for some minutes of this match!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Better than nothing, but then again so is Kerry. :jester:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
mendoza10 said:
Reading in July

What do people think?

Its a bit naff really.

The Ferret describes them as one of the top ten teams in the country at the moment. OK, so he's going off league position, but to be brutally honest, is a game against a club that has spent the vast majority of its existence in the lower leagues a fitting tribute to a player that has given 110% in every match he has ever played?
I don't think it is. Surely we could have collared a big club for this game. Even if they didn't bring their whole first team squad.

Unfortunately I won't be there as I'll be on holiday. I feel that Reading are a bit of a slap in the face for Kerry and that he deserves better. DK has probably twisted Coppout's arm for this to get them to come here in the close season. I'd have got no pleasure watching those plastic pricks at all, and certainly wouldn't have wanted to see the ladyboy botherer at Withdean again.

As others have said I hope that the club get some real legends (not f***ing Freeman ffs) in for the game otherwise the turnout could be a real disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here