Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kensington St Graffiti project - especially for Les Biehn as I know he loves it

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
turienzo's lovechild said:
i like the one of two men COPPERS getting off on the side of the albert, next to one of GEORGE BEST and JOHN PEEL

i like the albert

especially BEER&RAPe

I like those pics to.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Because anything creative needs funding. If Brighton was so right on there would be more funding for all types of projects not just ones that are highly visible.

So this HAS been funded but there was NO funds when you went looking?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
So this HAS been funded but there was NO funds when you went looking?

Not fo FILM making PROJECTS. As per THE point I was MAKING earlier.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nibble said:

I'm all for giving little n'er do wells somewhere to scribble but why do we now have to be forced to endure its' cluttered appearence and confused assembly?

I'm afraid it is another case of Brighton pretending to be down with the kids and trying to be the coolest place in England. Neither of which it is.

What next-skateparks?????????????

1) That's a little patronising, no? Are you suggesting that there should be no public art? Or only public art that you like?

2)Please explain further.

3)Isn't there already a skate park at the level? What's wrong with having a skate park?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Not fo FILM making PROJECTS. As per THE point I was MAKING earlier.

Right. So are does it angry you that this has been funded but you have been refused funding? Just trying to work out why you defended yourself so vehemently against the accusation of BITTERNESS.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Right. So are does it angry you that this has been funded but you have been refused funding? Just trying to work out why you defended yourself so vehemently against the accusation of BITTERNESS.

Because what D'Angelo SAID had nothing to DO with the POINT I was making. It appeared like A cheap shot rather THAN engaging with the point I WAS making.

It does annoy me that there is no funding for people in my creative field but if there is for other areas then I am happy. Infact I actively encourage as much funding for creative projects as possible and the more diverse the better.

Sorry if that doesn't help D'Angelos lazy argument.:)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
1) That's a little patronising, no? Are you suggesting that there should be no public art? Or only public art that you like?

2)Please explain further.

3)Isn't there already a skate park at the level? What's wrong with having a skate park?

The skate park line was not deadly serious. I think there should be public art, just not in the hands of graffers. I think there have been some superb public displays outside the library in the past year or so.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nibble said:
The skate park line was not deadly serious. I think there should be public art, just not in the hands of graffers.

Why, exactly? Because you don't like the look of it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why, exactly? Because you don't like the look of it?

Yes that is exactly why. If I liked it I wouldn't be arguing against it, would I? I am not so stupid that I don't realise some people do like it and they are entitled to their opinion as much as me.

I happen to think that it is cluttered, garish and an eyesore and I think there are far better things the council could be doing with their time and money.

I am first in line to say it is shit but also first in line to defend someones' right to enjoy it.

What more can I say? I just don't like it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What is it you like about them Chappers? Is it just the aesthetics or/and something else?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nibble said:
Yes that is exactly why. If I liked it I wouldn't be arguing against it, would I? I am not so stupid that I don't realise some people do like it and they are entitled to their opinion as much as me.

I happen to think that it is cluttered, garish and an eyesore and I think there are far better things the council could be doing with their time and money.

I am first in line to say it is shit but also first in line to defend someones' right to enjoy it.

What more can I say? I just don't like it.

Fair enough.

It just seems like a slight contradiction is all.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
What is it you like about them Chappers? Is it just the aesthetics or/and something else?

Aestetics, it's personal opinion isn't it. I also appreciate the fact that a certain 'scene' that has been forwned upon for years is finally be recognised as one that holds a lot of talent and provides outlets for that talent. Take the Brighton Hip Hop festival for example. For many that would still be seen as a waste of time and just a load of kids rapping on a stage in the summer but it's a lot more that that. The Council are finally recognising this and I think that can only be a good thing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Aestetics, it's personal opinion isn't it. I also appreciate the fact that a certain 'scene' that has been forwned upon for years is finally be recognised as one that holds a lot of talent and provides outlets for that talent. Take the Brighton Hip Hop festival for example. For many that would still be seen as a waste of time and just a load of kids rapping on a stage in the summer but it's a lot more that that. The Council are finally recognising this and I think that can only be a good thing.

In what way is it more than that?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair enough.

It just seems like a slight contradiction is all.

How is it a contradiction?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nibble said:
How is it a contradiction?

You will defend people's right to enjoy but you don't think it should be there becauase you don't like it and think something else should be there instead. Basically.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
In what way is it more than that?

In the way that a LOT of people give up a lot of their time for free to run a load of workshops on al aspects on the hip hop 'scene' for kids who otherwise would have no outlet for their creativity.

This site (http://www.bhhf.org/) should be back up soon and explains a lot more.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
In the way that a LOT of people give up a lot of their time for free to run a load of workshops on al aspects on the hip hop 'scene' for kids who otherwise would have no outlet for their creativity.

This site (http://www.bhhf.org/) should be back up soon and explains a lot more.

Sounds good to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here