Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Jackett

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Also worked under Solbakken at Cologne where they got relegated...Would be a very risky appointment.

Would be far more bizarre than when Wenger came to Arsenal - he was "Arsene who" because the English press paid no attention to managers outside their own country. Wenger had already led Monaco to the French title and done consistently well in European competitions.

Also wiki refers you to a list of footballers suspended for doping.

Are people sure this isn't being told to them by the same people who said Lukaku was coming on loan to us!?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
TB wasn't in charge then.

He was a member of the board, so was shirley part of the decision making process. And if he wasn't, he inherited a team in L1 which evidently appealed to Poyet at the time. Still, I doubt if those positives will change the opinions of those on here who have short memories & delusions of grandiose managerial appointments... :rolleyes:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm sure I heard (on Talkspite) that we are interested in appointing Tim Sherwood. I was hallf asleep though, so I might've imagined it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He was a member of the board, so was shirley part of the decision making process. And if he wasn't, he inherited a team in L1 which evidently appealed to Poyet at the time. Still, I doubt if those positives will change the opinions of those on here who have short memories & delusions of grandiose managerial appointments... :rolleyes:

We are not talking about when Dick Tight employed him as a firefighter, we are talking about when TB re-employed him in the summer when his preference supposedly was for someone else.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember that Gus was TB's second choice, but anyone remember who his first was meant to be ?

*edit* and I wouldn't mind Jackett - I thought Enrest would like a PROVEN english MANAGER

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I remember that Gus was TB's second choice, but anyone remember who his first was meant to be ?

*edit* and I wouldn't mind Jackett - I thought Enrest would like a PROVEN english MANAGER

Coppell - was all but done but then he pulled out at the last minute. Then we went for Gus.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Wasn't Jim Gannon 'nailed-on' for the job before Poyet? Or was that a different manager?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We are not talking about when Dick Tight employed him as a firefighter, we are talking about when TB re-employed him in the summer when his preference supposedly was for someone else.

Well RS had certainly earned the right to give the following season a go. Admittedly he couldn't prevent the hapless bunch from reverting to type, but as you say he was never TB's #1 choice anyway. He's not the greatest manager of all time, but I've got a lot of respect for the job he did for us - & the other jobs he's done before & after on meagre budgets in the lower leagues. In the end, clubs end up with a manager who are happy to work within the available budget: so I sincerely hope we get in someone who has commitment to his employers & concentrates on getting the best out the players we already have here. If the alternative is to have a so-called 'flair' appointment - who continually gobs-off about the restrictions which he knew about when the job was accepted - you can stick it.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Also wiki refers you to a list of footballers suspended for doping.

Are people sure this isn't being told to them by the same people who said Lukaku was coming on loan to us!?

If you click and look up, it's for cannabis use. Sign him up and pass it round

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Any appointment is a risk as was Gus.

What we do know about Jackett is that he has had some good season with Millwall and punched above their wait given their financial resourses.

He would be committed to the club and be happy with his budget. His knowledge of UK based lower league players would also be a plus.

Question marks would be other his ability to tap onto the Spanish and over foreign markets and his box office draw.

If it was Kenny he would get my support

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am going to nail my colours to the mast and say I would be disappointed if jackett were the next manager here. As it stands we are a club that finished 4th in the table a couple of wins away from automatic promotion and lost in the play offs. The only statement we have been hearing about budgets for next year have come from poyet and lets be fair he has been moaning about this from day one, so financed permitting we are a couple of signings away from going one better than last year. We have a multi national squad with both ex la liga and premiership players such as bruno and pig who joined to try to take us up not to steady the ship and this is where I see someone like Jackett. I accept that we have the same scounting network as when poyet was here but could jackett persuade an ulloa of this world to play here? We should aim higher.

I know someone has likened poyet to a cheating girlfriend. If that is so just because you current beautiful girlfriend was unfaithful should you restrict you next choice to the middle aged slightly overweight girl that is okay to look at just because she will definately not cheat on you and her sunday roast is okay. That may lead to a quiet life but it will sure lack excitment.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Left field rumour. Ibrahim Tanko. Ex Dortmund.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369306762.780636.jpg

:wink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know someone has likened poyet to a cheating girlfriend. If that is so just because you current beautiful girlfriend was unfaithful should you restrict you next choice to the middle aged slightly overweight girl that is okay to look at just because she will definately not cheat on you and her sunday roast is okay. That may lead to a quiet life but it will sure lack excitment.

Good analogy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here