Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Jackett

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You do talk some right shite.

Jacketts achieved far more as a manager than Poyet has, so it's understandable that he is being considered especially if we want a manager who is likely to bring some stability to the club. And who is good at getting the most out of a smaller budget and weaker squad as he has done at Millwall over the last 5 years. With financial fair play coming into effect all the retards on NSC calling for Harry Redknapp and making constant posts about backing Poyet in the transfer window over the last few seasons are going to have to accept that we are not going to go out and spend £10million on players, we have a budget that Bloom is clearly keen to stick to and that isn't going to attract Harry Redknapp to the job.
Thank God for that....our club is run in a good financial way...if he came here that would soon end...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gus Poyet or Kenny Jackett? :nono:

Kenny's not fit to clean Gus' boots. We really can't afford to take such a massive step backwards with this next appointment.

That really is a very ill-informed statement. I realise it's a big ask (given your current opinion of KJ), but if you were to read ‘Family: Life Death and Football’ by Michael Calvin - with even a vaguely open mind - you might well develop a respect for the guy's footballing accumen.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The next appointment is key. The club needs to keep progressing to keep expanding its growing fan base and keep the money rolling in. Appointing a jouneyman type manager sends out the message to everyone that we are happy as a mid table also ran championship club. Yes I know that I will be met with the remember where we come from comments (I went to gillingham so know) and am not saying spend what you cant afford, but with the momentum we have now is the time to build on that and aim high.

What makes him a journeyman manager exactly? I get the impression that people like you would be perfectly happy if his name was Kenito Jacketti.

Nsc does stress me out sometimes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That really is a very ill-informed statement. I realise it's a big ask (given your current opinion of KJ), but if you were to read ‘Family: Life Death and Football’ by Michael Calvin - with even a vaguely open mind - you might well develop a respect for the guy's footballing accumen.

Again, there would be no issue if the guy was called Kenilho Jacques...

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What makes him a journeyman manager exactly? I get the impression that people like you would be perfectly happy if his name was Kenito Jacketti.

Nsc does ROYALLY p*** me off sometimes.

Fixed it for ya chook. :thumbsup:

ps Couldn't agree more with your appraisal. We've got some right Whisks on here. Innit.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Left field rumour. Ibrahim Tanko. Ex Dortmund.

I heard that name as well, from someone who seems to have a reasonable record on these sorts of things. Who is he? I've never heard of him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I heard that name as well, from someone who seems to have a reasonable record on these sorts of things. Who is he? I've never heard of him.

Me neither. I had to look him up. German / Ghanaian coach. Youngish.

Interesting. Similar to what you say - it comes from someone with good contacts.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

According to Wiki zero management experience.

On 1 July 2007, Tanko was named assistant coach for Freiburg's reserves, leaving after 18 months, together with Karsten Neitzel, to J. League's Urawa Red Diamonds, in the same capacity, as he rejoined former Freiburg boss Volker Finke.

Would be the most bizarre appointment since Arsene who?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well it's a bloody good job RS took the job (when nobody else wanted it) & saved this club from the drop into footballing oblivion. If that was an example of a poor decision by TB & the rest of the board: I can't wait 'til he/they actually make a good call on the managerial front.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Well it's a bloody good job RS took the job (when nobody else wanted it) & saved this club from the drop into footballing oblivion. If that was an example of a poor decision by TB & the rest of the board: I can't wait 'til he/they actually make a good call on the managerial front.

TB wasn't in charge then.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
According to Wiki zero management experience.

On 1 July 2007, Tanko was named assistant coach for Freiburg's reserves, leaving after 18 months, together with Karsten Neitzel, to J. League's Urawa Red Diamonds, in the same capacity, as he rejoined former Freiburg boss Volker Finke.

Would be the most bizarre appointment since Arsene who?

Also worked under Solbakken at Cologne where they got relegated...Would be a very risky appointment.

Would be far more bizarre than when Wenger came to Arsenal - he was "Arsene who" because the English press paid no attention to managers outside their own country. Wenger had already led Monaco to the French title and done consistently well in European competitions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Me neither. I had to look him up. German / Ghanaian coach. Youngish.

Interesting. Similar to what you say - it comes from someone with good contacts.

He used to work closely with the head medical guy at the AMEX apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here