Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown - have you completely lost the plot?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Totally agree with Granny.

There is a much simpler solution as has been suggested in respect of charging face ticket price until the original is returned - simples and if you genuinely can't find the original then it is a lesson to a single person and not 7,000

Er? You DO realise that this IS exactly what they are doing?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't understand how people are angry at the club for this. If i turned up at the Theatre Royal or the Brighton Centre five minutes before a gig started and said " I've forgotten my ticket" i expect I'd get told to get lost

agree 100%

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You can't compare this with a one off England game or West End show when taking your ticket has the same priority as taking your passport on holiday :thumbsup:

Why not ? its exactly the same. its a one off event for which you have bought a ticket. :shrug:

There is no diffrence.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two or three times in a season my dad forgets his ticket. Even sometimes after we have said "have you got your ticket" to him as he gets in the car!!!

Edit: but now he has the smartcard he hasn't forgotten once, YET!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There is a big difference. STH's who go to 23 games get into a routine and ONCE in 5 years - one of us forgot his ticket.

That routine includes, wallet, keys, phone, jacket, ticket etc etc .
If it’s routine surely you are less likely to forget.???

Sorry I don’t get how anyone can forget to take a ticket to an event.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That routine includes, wallet, keys, phone, jacket, ticket etc etc .
If it’s routine surely you are less likely to forget.???

Sorry I don’t get how anyone can forget to take a ticket to an event.

That is not the only thing is it? As I said, I picked up the wrong ticket.....if you look at the Season Tickets now, the printing on them is minute....its very easy to miss one

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I arranged to buy a ticket via Ticket Exchange and the seller's mate did both of us a favour by agreeing to meet up with me and hand it over. It turned out the seller gave him the wrong ticket, the seller's mate did a stirling job, way beyond the call of duty and stumped up for a duplicate for me and presumably got his funds returned.
What a great bloke !
Point I'm trying to get across is that sometimes people make genuine mistakes and the duplicate ticket arrangement is a godsend for those times.
WW's post seemed to sum it up nicely. In a nutshell Piss takers get punished.
Also I have had the word duplicate printed on the section of a ticket that you keep that I have bought over the shop counter at least once, maybe more, what would happen then?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'll assume there'll be a level of common sense applied to different scenarios?

Here's what happened to me last season. I purchased my ticket over the phone midweek for a game on the Saturday. As I would be flying over from Ireland I arranged to pick up the ticket before the game at Withdean.

When I arrived at Withdean there was no ticket there for me. Luckily Paul from the ticket office was nearby to produce a duplicate ticket after verifying who I was etc.

Are we saying that if this happened again I would have to pay once more for a full ticket in the hope that the original turned up and therefore risk having to pay twice through no fault of my own?

Totally agree with Granny.

There is a much simpler solution as has been suggested in respect of charging face ticket price until the original is returned - simples and if you genuinely can't find the original then it is a lesson to a single person and not 7,000

I had an experience where I couldn't make a game with my son and he forgot to take the ticket as I always took that responsibility. If the club take such a draconian attitudue and I genuinely forget my ticket and cannot gain entry Mr. Brown will know all about it :tantrum:

You can't compare this with a one off England game or West End show when taking your ticket has the same priority as taking your passport on holiday :thumbsup:

Isn't buying a ticket at the ground on match day contrary to the planning conditions associated with using Withdean?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Isn't buying a ticket at the ground on match day contrary to the planning conditions associated with using Withdean?

I think you're right, I remember this issue in early withdean days.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Maybe I'm being a bit too logical here - but surely, when you buy a ticket, the understanding is that you're actually buying the right to watch the event.

The people on here who are so damning of people forgetting tickets wouldn't agree with this, I assume.

But it seems to me to be a semantic thing: I bet you wouldn't have an issue if we didn't always talk about 'buying a ticket'. In French, the equivalent is 'location des places' - which sort of translates as "renting a seat". Which seems to me to sum it up.

IE the ticket is just a token, and shouldn't be the be all and end all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont blame the club, blame the cheapskates who have forced the clubs hand.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I think if I have lost mine Ken Brown should personally deliver my duplicate to me. If he doesnt well thats not customer service is it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You are a DISASTER waiting to happen when it comes to tickets
:lolol:

Guilty as charged! :facepalm:

However, it is re-assuring to know that I can get a duplicate should my careful organisation of tickets *cough* come unstuck one day. But it is no use if it's not available on the day. Even if I have checked I've got my ticket the day before, that still leaves me ample opportunity to lose it before the game starts.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Still waiting for my original Brentford ticket to show up in the post - thankfully phoned the club and they arranged for a duplicate - which was great but messes up the travel voucher bit!

Interesting to know the percentage of tickets that are posted and never arrive - nothing to do with the club but maybe the Sussex postal system. Anyone had the same happen to them this season?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting to know the percentage of tickets that are posted and never arrive - nothing to do with the club but maybe the Sussex postal system. Anyone had the same happen to them this season?

Do we have a larger than average postie attendance at games

:fishing:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Yes, but if you can't find your ticket what's to stop you phoning the ticket office for a duplicate to be waiting at Withdean for collection? (as long as you phone before it shuts and someone answers)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here