Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown - have you completely lost the plot?!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I can't believe they issue duplicates!

They should charge for the duplicate ticket and if the original is returned to them within 7 days then a refund can be given.

Derrrr

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm torn.

On the one hand why would you concern yourself with your ticket until match day?

On the other, why are you being so careless wit something so expensive? Like TLO says, how about a little personal responsibility. Pay attention where you keep your ticket and you won't need a replacement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And so another round of sqwarking from people who don't hold with the concept of personal responsibility is heard...

Rare event but agree with that, keep your tickets in a safe place

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I used this facility last game.

Don't hold my tickets in London, leave them with my brother since he can always take a mate if I can't go.

Last minute his kids were ill - and he couldn't come.

So - 2 empty seats or 1.

Unusual occurrence for us - but seeing the amount of money we fork out for a seat covered in green slime, I like to know it's there.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Agree with the club - if people are taking the piss action should be taken.

However, if they've caught people going in twice on the same ticket, then presumably they are able to check who has purchased the ticket. If so, surely it would be easier to say "anyone found duplicating a ticket without valid reason will be forced to pay back the x amount or find themselves banned".

Would seem fair enough to me.

Feb 14, 2010
The purpose of this rule is..? Answer - as pointless as forcing kids that want to stand up to sit down. I hope they feel real important. To be honest Ive opted out, I've no interest in jobs worths, football will suit me, i am the customer, the people that work for the club are there to give me what I want. When they understand that, then the club will be a better place. But then, was it not a club employee that told a fan that fought for this club in the Archer years that, "he would not psis on him if he was on fire". Goodbye albion, all the best, you are going to need it. Good Old Sussex by the Sea. Nope we wont be druv.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
At sms, people were buying tickets then pretending they'd forgot them and get a duplicate so they could get their mates in. Would always work unless the game was a sell out.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Agree with the club - if people are taking the piss action should be taken.

However, if they've caught people going in twice on the same ticket, then presumably they are able to check who has purchased the ticket. If so, surely it would be easier to say "anyone found duplicating a ticket without valid reason will be forced to pay back the x amount or find themselves banned".

Would seem fair enough to me.

Agree with the first sentence.

Re bannings, I would simply ban any repeat offenders who have purchased a ticket for a given period of time, got a duplicate and both have been used.

It is shame that the actions of a few have messed things up for the majority - it reads to me that the club have been forced into this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
kin ell...I can't believe how many self rightous people are on this thread.

Hopefully you will never make a mistake in your perfect lives

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
i think if you are dim enough to lose your ticket you deserve to miss the game! wouldn't do it again would yer:tosser:

Thats the thing, this new system is harsh on people that lose their ticket. But if people are using a ticket and a duplicate of the same ticket to get in - the club has to crack down.

Imagine the binfest on here if we sold out a game (maybe via a decent cup draw) and there were more fans than seats in the stadium. It would be a nightmare for the stewards to deal with too - I'm not convinced there would be any fair way for them to deal with the situation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will all be different with smart cards at Falmer anyway, so you only have what, 18 matches to ensure you can keep a ticket safe.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon TWO people were caught doing this (prob cos attendances went right up and they couldn't sit together in the South Stand for a game) and the club have over reacted in case others are doing it. It's quite a lot of hassle to go through to get a 'free ticket' though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It would be a nightmare for the stewards to deal with too - I'm not convinced there would be any fair way for them to deal with the situation.

The ticket has your name printed on - the stewards would merely need ask you for ID such as a bank card to determine you was the rightful ticket holder.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The ticket has your name printed on - the stewards would merely need ask you for ID such as a bank card to determine you was the rightful ticket holder.

But what if somebody had picket up a ticket through the NSC ticket exchange (for example)? I guess you are right though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But what if somebody had picket up a ticket through the NSC ticket exchange (for example)? I guess you are right though.

I believe the tickets are non-transferable so the ticket exchange is technically against the rules, although the club (sensibly) turn a blind eye.

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
i live in the wilds of leicestershire ordered my bmuff tkt over a week ago only got here yesterday they were going to do duplicates for me and my daughter cos they hadnt been delivered to me if this helps :albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here