Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown - have you completely lost the plot?!

Oct 11, 2005
London
I've forgotten my ticket a couple of times over the years. Travelling down from London, it's impossible to go back and get it.. but each time the club have been very helpful in issuing a replacement at the ground. Great shame that they won't be doing this anymore.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the club will excercise the right to do this in events such as the above, however there IS and has been a piss take culture at the Albion for this, so the club need to do something to ensure revenue streams are protected.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the club will excercise the right to do this in events such as the above, however there IS and has been a piss take culture at the Albion for this, so the club need to do something to ensure revenue streams are protected.

If we are talking about revenue streams, how many are we actually talking about does anyoner guess...I cant think it is any more that 5 ot maybe 10 at the most....that is £125 or £250 for a game.....which is probably what we are paying for lualua's toe nails.

I just get the impression that the Albion are again trying to crack a nut with a bloody great JCB.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The thing I've quite often done is to rip the ticket off the wrong end of the season ticket. i.e the last game of the season. I did this the other day but luckily I noticed before I left my drum.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The purpose of this rule is..? Answer - as pointless as forcing kids that want to stand up to sit down. I hope they feel real important. To be honest Ive opted out, I've no interest in jobs worths, football will suit me, i am the customer, the people that work for the club are there to give me what I want. When they understand that, then the club will be a better place. But then, was it not a club employee that told a fan that fought for this club in the Archer years that, "he would not psis on him if he was on fire". Goodbye albion, all the best, you are going to need it. Good Old Sussex by the Sea. Nope we wont be druv.

So why are you so worked up about SBTS if you can't even be bothered to turn up ? :facepalm:

Imagine the binfest on here if we sold out a game (maybe via a decent cup draw) and there were more fans than seats in the stadium. It would be a nightmare for the stewards to deal with too - I'm not convinced there would be any fair way for them to deal with the situation.

Up to a couple of years ago stewards were told that the duplicate ticket always took precidence over the original if two people turned up with a ticket for the same seat. By issuing a duplicate the club are effectively voiding the original. It's probably still the same now.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Think this must have come up because of the game against Brentford, lots of people not being able to find seats in J & H despite having a ticket and then sitting on the stairway to the attendants absolute disgust.

I'm really not sure why we recorded such a pibbling attendance for that game, seemed packed to me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yet again people are using any excuse to have a go at the club. What exactly is the problem? Some have been abusing the system therefore something had to be done and the club have acted accordingly.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why cant the club just issue a duplicate , charging the full price and then give a refund if the original is found and returned within a set time period. If the original has been used alongside the duplicate this could be flagged up on the database so if it happens again the ticket office can ask for an admin charge on top of the full price of a duplicate.

Completely agree with this.

That way the con merchants or their friends wouldn't gain financially. If the ticket has genuinely been lost then the supporter wouldn't miss out either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Completely agree with this.

That way the con merchants or their friends wouldn't gain financially. If the ticket has genuinely been lost then the supporter wouldn't miss out either.

Unless they can't find the ticket and end up having to pay twice.

Feb 14, 2010
Why cant the club just issue a duplicate , charging the full price and then give a refund if the original is found and returned within a set time period. If the original has been used alongside the duplicate this could be flagged up on the database so if it happens again the ticket office can ask for an admin charge on top of the full price of a duplicate.

Probably because you were looking for a customer friendly solution whilst it seems that the person at the club either were not, or did not have the ability to think of one. Either way, you have to wonder don't you. Its a strange attitude towards the paying customer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If people were not ripping off the club, driving up costs for the rest of us, then they wouldn't need to act.

We had the exact same pathetic whining on here last year when the club announced a crack down on young-looking 18/19 yr-olds using U-16 tickets.

Right old kerfuffle on here from at least one poster in particular who genuinelly didn't believe he was doing anything wrong.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't understand how people are angry at the club for this. If i turned up at the Theatre Royal or the Brighton Centre five minutes before a gig started and said " I've forgotten my ticket" i expect I'd get told to get lost

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably because you were looking for a customer friendly solution whilst it seems that the person at the club either were not, or did not have the ability to think of one. Either way, you have to wonder don't you. Its a strange attitude towards the paying customer.

Who else does this? I know the FA would tell you to bugger off if you lost an England ticket, and if it was for an away game you have no chance.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand how people are angry at the club for this. If i turned up at the Theatre Royal or the Brighton Centre five minutes before a gig started and said " I've forgotten my ticket" i expect I'd get told to get lost

This

I just get the impression that the Albion are again trying to crack a nut with a bloody great JCB.

Totally agree with Granny.

There is a much simpler solution as has been suggested in respect of charging face ticket price until the original is returned - simples and if you genuinely can't find the original then it is a lesson to a single person and not 7,000

I had an experience where I couldn't make a game with my son and he forgot to take the ticket as I always took that responsibility. If the club take such a draconian attitudue and I genuinely forget my ticket and cannot gain entry Mr. Brown will know all about it :tantrum:

You can't compare this with a one off England game or West End show when taking your ticket has the same priority as taking your passport on holiday :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here