Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown - have you completely lost the plot?!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Just seen the news re: no duplicates on matchdays.. people will need to call the Club a day in advance to let them know they need a duplicate. Erm, so the conversation goes like this I presume?

Caller: 'Hi, is that the Ticket Office? I'd like to let you know that on the way to the ground tomorrow I am likely to lose my ticket/get mugged (delete as appropriate) so can you please arrange for a duplicate to be ready for me'

:shrug:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Caller: 'Hi, is that the Ticket Office? I'd like to let you know that on the way to the ground tomorrow I am likely to lose my ticket/get mugged (delete as appropriate) so can you please arrange for a duplicate to be ready for me'

:shrug:

If you're likely to lose your ticket on the way to the ground, maybe you should give it to your carer to look after :thumbsup:

Seriously though, what's wrong with that?
Blame the ones taking the piss, not KB.
They're getting a cheap ticket that way.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That's what happens when people take the piss though.
You get policies brought in that make no sense and don't do anything to address the (supposed) problem?

If they know people are using tickets twice, surely they can identify that person and if nothing else put them on some kind of blacklist that means they won't get duplicates.

A cynic might suggest that this is just a way to squeeze a bit of cash out of (a very small number of) supporters. Which would be very depressing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You get policies brought in that make no sense and don't do anything to address the (supposed) problem?

If they know people are using tickets twice, surely they can identify that person and if nothing else put them on some kind of blacklist that means they won't get duplicates.

A cynic might suggest that this is just a way to squeeze a bit of cash out of (a very small number of) supporters. Which would be very depressing.

In what way, is banning duplicates on the day, squeezing cash out of people? ???

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I've needed to call the club three times over the years when I've left home without my ticket, only realising 45 minutes into the journey that I've not got it. Club have helped out, admirably, every time. It's a real shame that piss-takers have spoilt it for the genuine idiots like me. :angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm with Ian Bairds Fist on this one. It seems absolutely ludicrous.

I haven't ever lost a ticket, but whenever I have thought I've lost it (and that's been quite often) it has ALWAYS been on match day.

Either:
Rummaging through pockets looking for it while enjoying my pre-match pint
Scrambling around the drawer at home, looking for the little wallet.
Once posting a ticket to a friend, it only arrived on match day.
Or actually, once when I did have the wrong ticket, I'd used Saturdays ticket on the previous Tuesday and was staring at Tuesdays ticket on Saturday morning.

I have NEVER even looked for my ticket the day before the game, so I would never know I've lost it the day before.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
So if you buy tickets online and they don't arrive in the post (which did happen to me recently) you're going to have to pay another £20 for a duplicate?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
In what way, is banning duplicates on the day, squeezing cash out of people? ???

at a guess - forcing them pay for another ticket should they wish to watch the game despite already having one?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I can see both sides here.
One way round it is to issue duplicates on the day, BUT you have to pay FULL price (not just £20) for it - refundable when the original is handed in (within a month).

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
at a guess - forcing them pay for another ticket should they wish to watch the game despite already having one?

They would get a refund if they produce the orginal though.

Doubt there's many other events where you get a duplicate ticket for nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm with Ian Bairds Fist on this one. It seems absolutely ludicrous.

I haven't ever lost a ticket, but whenever I have thought I've lost it (and that's been quite often) it has ALWAYS been on match day.

Either:
Rummaging through pockets looking for it while enjoying my pre-match pint
Scrambling around the drawer at home, looking for the little wallet.
Once posting a ticket to a friend, it only arrived on match day.
Or actually, once when I did have the wrong ticket, I'd used Saturdays ticket on the previous Tuesday and was staring at Tuesdays ticket on Saturday morning.

I have NEVER even looked for my ticket the day before the game, so I would never know I've lost it the day before.

I know this ALWAYS gets mentioned, but I'll never forget Barnet away when I met you in the pub and gave you your ticket for the away end. Turned to the bar to get us a drink in, turned back round with your pint, only to see the contents of your pockets scattered around the table, shelf, and top of the fruit machine, with you desperately rummaging through the whole sorry mess hunting for the ticket I'd given you all of about 94 seconds earlier.

You are a DISASTER waiting to happen when it comes to tickets
:lolol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know this ALWAYS gets mentioned, but I'll never forget Barnet away when I met you in the pub and gave you your ticket for the away end. Turned to the bar to get us a drink in, turned back round with your pint, only to see the contents of your pockets scattered around the table, shelf, and top of the fruit machine, with you desperately rummaging through the whole sorry mess hunting for the ticket I'd given you all of about 94 seconds earlier.

You are a DISASTER waiting to happen when it comes to tickets
:lolol:

:laugh: thread closed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why cant the club just issue a duplicate , charging the full price and then give a refund if the original is found and returned within a set time period. If the original has been used alongside the duplicate this could be flagged up on the database so if it happens again the ticket office can ask for an admin charge on top of the full price of a duplicate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so last season when I turned up with the wrong ticket, went to the Box and asked for a duplicate and was kindly given one ( I had to show my Gold card)

Now if the same thing happened, i would not be given access to the stadium?

fantastic

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have thankly never lost or forgotten a ticket (yet), but the last game I spent a good few minutes rummaging through all my pockets in a sweaty frantic mess looking for it, only to find it in a front jacket pocket after all. Didn't have any cash on me so I was trying to work out how quickly I would have been able to get home and back before I did eventually find it. Scary times

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can't believe they issue duplicates!

They should charge for the duplicate ticket and if the original is returned to them within 7 days then a refund can be given.

Loosing a ticket is your own stupid fault

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here