[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm starting to get a bit bored of the KLL saga tbh

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Right, so it is basically conflicting opinions then. To my knowledge, or rather what has been passed onto me, he did NOT have a medical. Thinking about this from an outsider's perspective, would you seriously go back in for a player based on a failed medical? If a deal was agreed and the medical was failed, then surely you end procedings there and then and end all interest. If interest continues, then surely you ignore the medical and sign him anyway?

I do not beleive the issues are money/insurance built. From what I can gather, they are purely logistical and money queries that can be sorted out and from what I have been actually told will be in time for the Portugal trip.
No it is not conflicting opinions at all because he DID have a medical and it threw up an issue.

So in all probability, either the club re-evaluated his worth and Newcastle did not agree to letting him go at the revised valuation, OR the medical results mean he is prohibitively expensive to insure and Albion have backed off. But he DID have a medical, as you might expect a player to have when a club is considering spunking £1m+ on a player.

(My source is the same as HKFC's)

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
KLL absolutely DID have a medical, and that medical DID throw up an issue. Beyond that, I do not know whether the problem is insurance, or our subsequent revision of his worth not meeting Newcastle's, or possibly both.

He 100% had the medical, I can even tell you it was at the Nuffield Hospital in Woodingdean as a member of their staff (with no interest in football and no reason to lie) told me it was happening. He failed the medical because of his ankle, we could not afford to take the gamble and I dont believe for one second that Huddersfield have enough money to take that gamble either. I just feel sorry for Kaz :(

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No it is not conflicting opinions at all because he DID have a medical and it threw up an issue.

So in all probability, either the club re-evaluated his worth and Newcastle did not agree to letting him go at the revised valuation, OR the medical results mean he is prohibitively expensive to insure and Albion have backed off. But he DID have a medical, as you might expect a player to have when a club is considering spunking £1m+ on a player.

(My source is the same as HKFC's)

What I am surprised with is how private medical information was leaked... doctors are well-known to NOT release such information... seems very surprising that such information is now in the public domain... I remain to be convinced TBH...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
He 100% had the medical, I can even tell you it was at the Nuffield Hospital in Woodingdean as a member of their staff (with no interest in football and no reason to lie) told me it was happening. He failed the medical because of his ankle, we could not afford to take the gamble and I dont believe for one second that Huddersfield have enough money to take that gamble either. I just feel sorry for Kaz :(

And there lies the real story... we are all in this yo yo of will Kaz come or not, but actually people should think about Kaz himself and what this all potentially means for him... Pardew has told him he doesnt want him, we can't take the gamble because of the medical and who else is going to? What future as a professional football player does he have right now if the ankle really isnt right?

Damn Monkhouse...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What I am surprised with is how private medical information was leaked... doctors are well-known to NOT release such information... seems very surprising that such information is now in the public domain... I remain to be convinced TBH...

Absolutely if information such as this has leaked from the hospital I would expect the club are going mental about it

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And there lies the real story... we are all in this yo yo of will Kaz come or not, but actually people should think about Kaz himself and what this all potentially means for him... Pardew has told him he doesnt want him, we can't take the gamble because of the medical and who else is going to? What future as a professional football player does he have right now if the ankle really isnt right?

Damn Monkhouse...

Or nobody actually knows he has a medical problem? Or NUFC just need to lower their asking price or offer a loan to buy? Or etc.?

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Pardew has told him he doesnt want him, we can't take the gamble because of the medical and who else is going to? What future as a professional football player does he have right now if the ankle really isnt right?

Damn Monkhouse...

He has a future of 12 months trying to keep fit and playing the occasional stiffs game for Newcastle, running his contract down. Next year, he'll be a free agent, and we, or another club, will pick him up on a free, which will somewhat ameliorate the risk factors.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We've discussed this before - if the source of this info is correct I'd say the chain of events was like this.

Doctor performs medical on behalf of the club
Doctor notices something worrying with Kaz's ankle
Doctor informs club doctor of findings, and perhaps a recommendation
Club Doctor informs Stephenson / Gus / Tony Bloom of results and recommendation
Tony Bloom / Gus / Stephenson mentions the bad news to someone else
Someone else tells someone on NSC
We get the news on NSC

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right, so it is basically conflicting opinions then. To my knowledge, or rather what has been passed onto me, he did NOT have a medical. Thinking about this from an outsider's perspective, would you seriously go back in for a player based on a failed medical?
It's not so much opinions, it's facts. We're not talking about who's the best player etc, we're talking about whether someone did, or did not have a medical. Someone is being given the wrong facts. In answer to your question, yes, you could go back in for a player who had failed a medical. It would depend on how bad the medical results were, and it would presumably affect his value.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And there lies the real story... we are all in this yo yo of will Kaz come or not, but actually people should think about Kaz himself and what this all potentially means for him.
The risk for Kaz is this injury ending his career, but I assume that it's not currently that serious and that it's just a risk which affects his value. Assuming that's the case, he should be playing at the start of the season. If NU don't want him, they'll have to get whatever they can for him. No point paying his salary for a year and then letting him go for free.
Absolutely if information such as this has leaked from the hospital I would expect the club are going mental about it
Indeed it would be bad if, as suggested, medical staff released any information. But if he went into a hospital, membbers of the public could see him going in/out, and report that. That would be enough for us to feel confident that he failed the medical, as he wouldn't have had it until after a fee was agreed.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You can still buy a car with damage for less money than good condition, you can buy food cheaper on best before date. With his ankle probs and being left out of pre-season US trip. I think we're just waiting for Newcastle to re-price KLL as "reduced to clear".

I reckon he'll still come to us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is quite possible that the leaked information about the medical came from a non football loving clerical assisitant in general chat to somebody who they know likes BHA. When in Midhurst one of my sons went out with a girl whose mum was a doctors receptionist and you would be suprised at the little snippets of gossip he heard. Also a friend of mine told me Grifton Noel Williams was staying at the hotel that her daughter was a chambermaid at simply because she knows I am a BHA fan, so these things do happen, perhaps in an ideal world they shouldnt but none the less they do.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Im an 100% confident Lua Lua will sgin for us before Portugal

Big, BIG possibilty.

I doubt whether Portugal will sign for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here