Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karanka

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

http://www.borobible.com/karanka-leaves-boro-where-now-with-11-games-to-go/

Karanka Leaves Boro! Where now with 11 games to go!
It has been confirmed that Aitor Karanka has resigned from his post as Middlesbrough manager with only 11 games to go, with Boro sitting in 2nd place.

Early rumours suggest the players had lost faith in Karanka and after a team meeting yesterday at Boro’s training ground, Karanka walked out.

Today’s pre-match training, which it must be noted, is always behind closed doors, was led by Woodgate.

Early favourites to replace Karanka are Harry Redknapp, Gary Neville, Steve McClaren and current number 2 Steve Agnew with Woodgate, although it has been also rumoured that he has also walked.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
http://www.borobible.com/karanka-leaves-boro-where-now-with-11-games-to-go/

Karanka Leaves Boro! Where now with 11 games to go!
It has been confirmed that Aitor Karanka has resigned from his post as Middlesbrough manager with only 11 games to go, with Boro sitting in 2nd place.

Early rumours suggest the players had lost faith in Karanka and after a team meeting yesterday at Boro’s training ground, Karanka walked out.

Today’s pre-match training, which it must be noted, is always behind closed doors, was led by Woodgate.

Early favourites to replace Karanka are Harry Redknapp, Gary Neville, Steve McClaren and current number 2 Steve Agnew with Woodgate, although it has been also rumoured that he has also walked.

12:15 UPDATE
We have been told is that he has resigned, Gibbo has rejected it, the team have gone to Charlton without him, with Agnew and Woody taking charge, Gibbo and Bausor are holding crisis talks to change his mind and he is having none of it!

From the same article and before yet more updates from Middlsbrough including the 2nd update in that same piece where it says:

12:23 UPDATE
Middlesbrough release official statement
A statement from MFC…
Middlesbrough Football Club can confirm that Aitor Karanka did not take training on Saturday morning.
Assistant Head Coach Steve Agnew will take charge of the team for Sunday’s fixture at Charlton Athletic.
We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday’s game at The Valley.

- It doesn't confirm his departure (yet)

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
12:15 UPDATE
We have been told is that he has resigned, Gibbo has rejected it, the team have gone to Charlton without him, with Agnew and Woody taking charge, Gibbo and Bausor are holding crisis talks to change his mind and he is having none of it!

From the same article and before yet more updates from Middlsbrough including the 2nd update in that same piece where it says:

12:23 UPDATE
Middlesbrough release official statement
A statement from MFC…
Middlesbrough Football Club can confirm that Aitor Karanka did not take training on Saturday morning.
Assistant Head Coach Steve Agnew will take charge of the team for Sunday’s fixture at Charlton Athletic.
We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday’s game at The Valley.

- It doesn't confirm his departure (yet)

They're b*ggered aren' t they?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I reckon the best outcome for us now would actually be Karanka staying. There are clearly big problems in the squad. Most managers worth their salt should be able to get far more from those players than he has in recent weeks, so a change now could be of huge benefit to Boro. Better that he comes back and the grumbling continues and they persist with not bothering to use the likes of Rhodes properly. Can't see it happening though.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I reckon the best outcome for us now would actually be Karanka staying. There are clearly big problems in the squad. Most managers worth their salt should be able to get far more from those players than he has in recent weeks, so a change now could be of huge benefit to Boro. Better that he comes back and the grumbling continues and they persist with not bothering to use the likes of Rhodes properly. Can't see it happening though.
Guess they've still got to go through the process of identifying the right man if Karanka doesn't stay, which is far from ideal at this stage of the season. Unless they do a Derby and just give it to this Agnew fella til the end of the season (possibly made more likely if he gets a positive result this afternoon), though I've no real idea of his credentials.

Either way I think it's good news for the other sides in the promotion race.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It sounds like player power to me. Perhaps, a price of success and leaving out players, tweaking the shape etc. Or trying to get players to do something on the pitch they don't want to, so they still do it without so such enthusiasm.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If they miss out on automatic by a point they'll look back at the Charlton farce as the reason.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder whether Gibson had much choice other than to 'reinstate' AK? After all he didn't resign, just strop off after an argument with the players. I wonder how they will now feel about him. It's hardly the most adult behaviour to strop off for a few days and let the Chairman come in and read the riot act. I expect all will be well until the next time the pressure tells.
For all his obvious technical abilities, he has nowhere the same man management skills as our man at the helm. Can you imagine CH stropping off after an argument or for that matter Sean Dyche... No chance. They have the players to get into the top two but
Will they be able to take the pressure. When pressure builds leadership comes to the fore and that will be the critical test for Boro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here