Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karanka

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looks like he has then....To be fair I bet he gets so much pressure from the board because of monies spent.

Not surprised he's bolted

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know absolutely nothing about the goings on up at Boro - However your suggestion may not be far from the truth. They were looking good for Promotion. Perhaps someone said we just need a top class finisher to push us over the line. A bit like lots of people on here are saying about Brighton in many ways.

The club then decide that missing piece is Jordan Rhodes. The Manager disagrees but he is signed anyhow. That wouldn't be the first time a player has been forced on a manager. I know Managers that it has happened to but they kept it all behind closed doors and locked away from the Press. Karanka seems not to be able to do that.

I don't like Managers who slate their players in the Press and I don't like players who sulk because they don't get their way by not putting the effort in on the pitch. So who knows if this is indeed the scenario being played out up there then hopefully the togetherness down at Brighton is something we can use to our advantage in the 'run in' to the end of the season.

Great post. Brighton this season have been all about team spirit and specific partnerships. We've only struggled when these have been broken up due to injury or players being rested (see mid season when we had terrible luck, Tuesday when Kayal and Stephens were broken up etc). Hemed is now playing better with Baldock, Rosenior and Murphy look dangerous, and, of course, the defence looks really solid with Dunk and Goldson in the middle.

People crying out for a star striker or marquee signing should bear that in mind.

As for 'Boro is there any sort of precedent for a Latin manager resolutely only playing one up front and blowing a good season with a massive strop over recruitment? :)

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Boro message boards are in meltdown amid rumour and speculation. Senior players in revolt at Karanka's suggestion the team lack desire, unrest at Jordan's signing, Ayala is fit/unfit, Karanka storming out after a meeting and speculation that the wally with the brolly may return.

I heartily recommend a read with your morning cup of coffee!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Even if they announce he is staying, and all is good, I don't see him lasting beyond Easter now.

This season has been beautiful - the Derby chairman shouting the odds in the dressing room, and now the Middlesbrough manager storming off after not taking training for a week.

Pressure.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Even if they announce he is staying, and all is good, I don't see him lasting beyond Easter now.

This season has been beautiful - the Derby chairman shouting the odds in the dressing room, and now the Middlesbrough manager storming off after not taking training for a week.

Pressure.

Absolutely. Strange isn't it that the two clubs who seemed to have spent the most on players (Derby and Boro), whom both failed dramatically at the end of last season, are the ones in the mix that have cracked first. That's not to say that their fortunes might change for the better in the next few weeks.

As for Burnley and Hull, well they seem to have been made of sterner stuff. I admire Sean Dyche for his no-nonsense approach. Burnley certainly seem to be the most consistent of the teams at the top. Hull, reading from different accounts, are not in a particularly comfortable place and Steve Bruce is not a particularly well thought of manager.

Which leaves us. L'il ol' Brighton. Are we going to be the dark horses of the league? I think it's fair to say that the pressure on us is not as great as the other four clubs. Barring a disaster, we are well placed for the play-offs, but can we go one better? I firmly believe that with Chris Hughton as such a calm, astute and knowledgable manager that maybe, just maybe, we might.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Club statement- Karanka won't be in charge for tomorrow's game:

"Middlesbrough Football Club can confirm that Aitor Karanka did not take training on Saturday morning.

Assistant Head Coach Steve Agnew will take charge of the team for Sunday’s fixture at Charlton Athletic.

We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday’s game at The Valley."

:flounce:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Absolutely. Strange isn't it that the two clubs who seemed to have spent the most on players (Derby and Boro), whom both failed dramatically at the end of last season, are the ones in the mix that have cracked first. That's not to say that their fortunes might change for the better in the next few weeks.

As for Burnley and Hull, well they seem to have been made of sterner stuff. I admire Sean Dyche for his no-nonsense approach. Burnley certainly seem to be the most consistent of the teams at the top. Hull, reading from different accounts, are not in a particularly comfortable place and Steve Bruce is not a particularly well thought of manager.

Which leaves us. L'il ol' Brighton. Are we going to be the dark horses of the league? I think it's fair to say that the pressure on us is not as great as the other four clubs. Barring a disaster, we are well placed for the play-offs, but can we go one better? I firmly believe that with Chris Hughton as such a calm, astute and knowledgable manager that maybe, just maybe, we might.

Interesting that even fans of other clubs don't seem to have noticed that we are in third place. It's not just the media. Several posters on that thread on Oneboro comment on how Hull and Burnley fans must be loving what's going on, but nobody mentions us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here