Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karanka

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Will be interesting to see who is dropped from the 18 vs Hull.

Downing ? Nugent ?

It's not suddenly all going to be happy and jolly in the camp, and there will be a price for keeping Karanka.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For all his obvious technical abilities, he has nowhere the same man management skills as our man at the helm. Can you imagine CH stropping off after an argument or for that matter Sean Dyche... No chance.

At the risk of resorting to stereotypes I think it's what's known as "Latin temperament". We experienced it to our detriment with Gus and to some extent Chelsea with Murinho. There are of course the exceptions that prove the rule, where Benitez springs to mind.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I wonder whether Gibson had much choice other than to 'reinstate' AK? After all he didn't resign, just strop off after an argument with the players. I wonder how they will now feel about him. It's hardly the most adult behaviour to strop off for a few days and let the Chairman come in and read the riot act. I expect all will be well until the next time the pressure tells.
For all his obvious technical abilities, he has nowhere the same man management skills as our man at the helm. Can you imagine CH stropping off after an argument or for that matter Sean Dyche... No chance. They have the players to get into the top two but
Will they be able to take the pressure. When pressure builds leadership comes to the fore and that will be the critical test for Boro.

Karanka comes across as quiet and cool headed.

I would imagine it could be quite frustrating if you only have a basic grasp English, and you have to deal with British lad banter. We don’t know if they were behaving like a bunch of stroppy school kids.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I was interested to find out how Boro fans were feeling so looked at their forum last night. Some of their fans seemed disheartened by Karanka's second half substitutions yesterday. The manager's post match comments saying his players were tired was also a concern. As well as saying 'look where Boro were when i took over'. Seemingly not the first time he'd said that this season.

I am starting to wonder whether Karanka's emotional temperament might cost Boro. He appears to be the manager under the most pressure.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I am starting to wonder whether Karanka's emotional temperament might cost Boro. He appears to be the manager under the most pressure.

He's certainly the least experienced. Douche and Chris Hughton have been in this position before.

Karanka seems to be starting Rhodes and Downing now which I thought was part of his mini melt down recently. Hope this is a sign of uncertainty on his part.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I was interested to find out how Boro fans were feeling so looked at their forum last night. Some of their fans seemed disheartened by Karanka's second half substitutions yesterday. The manager's post match comments saying his players were tired was also a concern. As well as saying 'look where Boro were when i took over'. Seemingly not the first time he'd said that this season.

That's an interesting point you make about emotional temperament. Watching Chris Hughton's post match interview on the Football League Show we are fortunate to have such a cool, level-headed and generous manager. One who is wise and is complimentary and above all honest. This is the sort of person who you absolutely need to steer your ship, or in our case, the team to success rather than someone who rants and raves when things don't go to plan.

The expression T-CUP springs to mind - Think Clearly Under Pressure.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reading OneBoro last night, their fans appear very, very deflated. A lot of them suggesting they'd blown it and don't see them beating Brum. Here's hoping.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
At the risk of resorting to stereotypes I think it's what's known as "Latin temperament". We experienced it to our detriment with Gus and to some extent Chelsea with Murinho. There are of course the exceptions that prove the rule, where Benitez springs to mind.

Just read through some of the previous posts on this thread. Marlowe mentioned this last month after Karanka had stormed off. Comparisons with Poyet(a nod to Ernest), Benitez and the Latin reaction to pressure could be a deciding factor.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tired? Don't worry they have an extra 3 / 4 extra days rest before the most important game of the season Vs is - thanks for that Sky :thumbsup:

I do feel that had Karanka left and not made up with his players (although he claimed there was never an argument with the players or the board - so who was it with? We're not stupid in England PAL), we would be up and promoted! Literally as simple as that...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently Boro have only won once at Brum in donkey's years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They do seem to be on the edge of another wobble....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Typical latin heritage showing through. Can't handle it. Here's hoping another blip next week from King bottlers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here