Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kabul Explosion Being Reported Near Airport

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's what's happening in America. Following left wing Democrats on twitter for years , I'm very happy they got their man to beat Trump but now they have all gone quiet and their only defence is deflection. It's very sad that the uk and us have now become so polarised in politics that when one of their own makes the biggest mistake in 50 years they won't criticise them.

Problem being, you accused one of the most right wing posters on here of having left wing politics

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There is no love lost between Isis and Taliban with the Taliban openly opposing Isis. This will not go down well with the Taliban as it shows that they are not the only person player in the game. The last thing the the Taliban need is Isis embedded in Afghanistan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we will see but its in tallibans interest to say all this and gives them greater appeal worldwide.

Will become evident once they are in and settled

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not so. They don't like each other at all. Taliban won't gain anything from terrorism in Afghanistan now.

Politically it’s very embarrassing for the Taliban. They made a big show of safe passage until the end of the month and have failed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fair enough. If you have your own politics you probably struggle to vote like myself these days. I honestly thought that things have improved greatly over there especially for women and to walk away is the most shameful thing I have seen an American President do in 50 years. He has always been of the opinion no American sons should die for the Afghan people even when Obama was in power. But they did and now it was for nothing.

I honestly do not disagree with any of that, The American leaders have all been playing a game, from Obama to Trump and now Biden, a whole chain of failure each setting the next encumbertant to fail, I do blame Bush for starting this whole thing rolling, he was was pressurised by certain figures within whitehouse and arms industry to go in the first place, he was weak and so was Blair. They both set everyone else up to fail, disgusting the amount of lives lost for nothing more than dollars, pounds and hope.

The benefits that did come, as you say such as women's rights etc, were always unfortunately going to fail long term.
That might sound harsh, but until the majority in a muslim country want that, it will always fail, it is harsh reality that the west cannot impose it's ideology, however good the intentions are. That may sound as though I do not care or I agree or think any worse of a muslim country or people. I think it is very sad that a religion can hold people back, much like the church did for centuries in the west and still does in parts of the world.

I wish we could all move forward in all aspects of life, religion needs to be ditched or brought up to speed with reality.

just my stupid opinion though, no malice or ill thoughts or prejudices intended.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This is like the end of the Vietnam war. We spent 2 weeks seeing hundreds of bodies in the sea whilst in the Da Nang area.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not at all.

They are opposed to each other and are sworn enemies.

This will be the new conflict for the Afghanis.

Yes, the insurgents will have to learn counter insurgency.

At least they have around 180k incredibly good guns.

The misery of the ordinary will continue for the foreseeable

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Don't people listen to the news properly.
The Taliban are bad enough but this is an enemy of The Taliban (Isis) who think the Taliban are too SOFT.
The Taliban could have done this if they wanted to.
They are attacking western forces and Taliban at the airport and innocent people have been caught up in it as they are unprotected.
I still wonder what happened to The trained Afghan army. I wonder if it was a Muslim on Muslim situation, but the army although trained were still left exposed as the yanks retreated, they had no air cover, they would have fought alongside the yanks and British but not alone, but yes they could have done better than they did.
Trump started this but Biden could have stopped it, they have left thousands of innocent people behind who will now get slaughtered with them all together in one place like a huge target.
They should have got everyone that worked for us, and British/American passport holders out before running away, I cannot believe they are going to leave some behind.
After all these years America has finally dragged us into their hopeless war machine and we are complicit 8n another Vietnam situation, largely through no fault of our own, but we are not innocent in all this.
We were left exposed by America's far too quick retreat.
I don't know why people are blaming Bush and Blair but get involved in American war and this is what you get, Biden stuck two fingers up to Johnson but then America only see us as a poodle anyway.
It was right go in 20 years ago and we turned around a country in peril, freeing women, girls go to school etc, we could not stay there forever but to just turn and run away is disgusting to put it mildly.
I do not trust anything that comes out of our Prime Ministers mouth, or the ministers, I do not believe that we have got out anywhere near the amount of people that it is our obligation to help.
I would have totally agreed with getting everybody out followed by a gradual withdrawal, give their army all that they need and then leave.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
sounds like Isis

My money's on US spooks. Timing's just too perfect. Western media all warn in inison about it all morning (UK time) then surprise surprise it comes to pass an hour or two later. Sorry, but I I just don't believe in that uncannily accurate level of prediction. If you ever wanted an excuse to clear the perimeter of an airport under siege on the other hand...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Me ?

Right Wing ? Really !!

"most right wing".

Yes, that completely threw me as well. You are not someone I ever see in the Bear Pit or posting GB News nonsense. I think DS must be confused.

But, back on subject, surely Biden is just echoing Trump. America First Trump who said “The future doesn’t belong to the globalists, The future belongs to patriots.”

Like it or not Americans don't want their troops dying in a country they regard as a basket case, anymore than the Soviets eventually did.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You forgot to mention Biden who has caused all of this!! But I guess that doesn't fit in with your left wing politics. Going back to Blair and Bush is a complete deflection of the trouble Biden has caused. Life had improved for most, the west only had to keep a few thousand troops in there...maybe for another 50 years but that would have been better than just walking out on a developing country and leave them to the Taliban.

The withdrawal plans were in place before he took office ….. so no not all his fault but that doesn’t suit your trump love in. Neither have covered themselves in glory.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My money's on US spooks. Timing's just too perfect. Western media all warn in inison about it all morning (UK time) then surprise surprise it comes to pass an hour or two later. Sorry, but I I just don't believe in that uncannily accurate level of prediction. If you ever wanted an excuse to clear the perimeter of an airport under siege on the other hand...

Move away from the tinfoil …..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would have totally agreed with getting everybody out followed by a gradual withdrawal, give their army all that they need and then leave.

that was the policy, right up until the Afghan army evaporated. stop making that our fault, unless you want to see perpetual occupation which here you say you dont. they were given the training, the equipment, structure for logistics and administration setup. they abandoned it all in days. their air force buggered off to Uzbekistan ffs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Move away from the tinfoil …..

You don't think that kind of dirty tricks shit happens? In the lead up to the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq, some of the most vociferous and public advocates against same were smeared as paedos etc. Dr David Kelly got hung out to dry and - honest, guv - killed himself. Oh, and George Galloway's personal papers just happened to be found on the ground in the smouldering ruins lf one of Sadaam Hussain's many palaces. What's the chances of that, eh? :wink:

These people play dirty

Last edited:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You don't think that kind of dirty tricks shit happens? In the lead up to the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq, some of the most vociferous and public advocates against same were smeared as paedos etc. Dr David Kelly got hung out to dry and - honest, guv - killed himself. Oh, and George Galloway's personal papers just happened to be found on the ground in the smouldering ruins lf one of Sadaam Hussain's many palaces. What's the chances of that, eh? :wink:

These people play dirty

You been watching too much Netflix or Amazon Prime? Bit of Sky Cinema chucked in maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here