Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kabul Explosion Being Reported Near Airport

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never going to happen.

They just want to get as many people safely out, and get themselves out, in the next few days.

You do wonder how the last flight (or few flights) get out safely because as soon as the troops securing the airport get on a plane to get the hell out of there, there's no-one left to ensure that plane(s) gets off the ground.

The first sensible post on this thread. :bowdown:

I think 'nuke 'em' was the most asinine. The conspiracy theory that this was deliberately set up by the Americans to justify another American invasion is . . . no it is even more stupid. And the bloke who thinks that anyone not prepared to lynch Biden over this has a left wing agenda needs to be told that the Daily Mail is for wrapping chips, not for determining where the latest left wing outrage has taken place. As for the people who don't know the difference between the taliban and ISIS and don't consider it matters, well, perhaps the w**s do start at Calais after all. :facepalm:

Still, everyone is entittled to their opinion innit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit facetious, but whatever floats ya boat :)

I think it was a reference to the drug taking there back when. I was thinking of replying 'and how did you feel after you'd run out of smack?' but decided to stiff a few other tittish posts instead.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Edited for you. When did the Afghans ever invade the UK or Russia or America?

I'll stick with my original before being 'corrected' thank you. It's not as if Afghans* weren't killing each other before the British arrived, and the evidence is before your eyes that even you cannot deny that they will go on killing long after we, the USA and anyone else leaves.

*Just by way of clarification, before any (political) 'corrections' come my way, this does not mean all Afghans. Many - most - are not murderous b*st*rds like ISIS and the Taliban, and do not, and did not want violence; they are all too often the ones that get killed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So lets believe everything on Netflix which says 'based on a true story' :tosser::ffsparr:

I used the example to riff off the poster who started in on me on the Netflix thing. Not even seen it. Tho I know OF the fake resort of Arous, set up by Mossad to smuggle thousands of Ethiopian Jews out of that country and into Israel. I know it courtesy of the very excellent book 'Mossad: The Great Operations Of Israel's Secret Service' by Mossad insiders Michael Bar-Zohar and Nissim Mishal. So wind yer neck in :tosser: :ffsparr:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough. If you have your own politics you probably struggle to vote like myself these days. I honestly thought that things have improved greatly over there especially for women and to walk away is the most shameful thing I have seen an American President do in 50 years. He has always been of the opinion no American sons should die for the Afghan people even when Obama was in power. But they did and now it was for nothing.

Trump was also in favour of walking away but was too busy being a mad prick to get on with the job.

No, but you carry on blaming left wingers if it fits your narrative.

And whatbout that old extreme left winger Lord Mountbatten who took us out of India? That went well....

Not sure if you're that bothered about what goes on in the world, with that axe you are so keen to grind, but the retreat from Afghanistan was wrong in my view. The Americans should have remained there forever, till the locals had finally grasped the nettle. As long as it takes. So we agree. A pity therefore that you derailed your narrative by seeking to score imaginary left versus right points.

The right wing anti Biden campaign is tedious, and a pathetic rerun of the same old bollocks directed at Bill Clinton, his missus, Obama and every other Democrat who has stood up abover the parapet. To call this lot left wing is ludicrous. Hilary liked to grandstand to the rust belt but she was a different voice elsewhere (which I found nauseating; albeit less so than Trump). They are all more right wing than Boris. Beware confirmation bias.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very sad news if true

Wonder who had most to gain from the timing?
The extreme wing of Muslim fundamentalists hate the West and even the Taliban for not being extreme enough and actually negotiating with the US. When these people blow themselves up they are convinced a wonderful heaven awaits. The real fruit loops will see this as a " Heroic " strike against the West.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thhe Taliban attitudes to women is still in the dark ages, as is their banning of music. Nothing about all 'w*gs' being the same - you and I both know full well that the term covered a wide range of races and culures. However, both the Taliban and ISIS are the pits, and it really doesn't matter if one lot is more despiccable than the other - they'd still be doing Afghanistan (and the world) a favour if they annihilated each other.

That isn't an option. And the Taliban will probably win this time.

Yes of course the Taliban are reprehensible medaevil scum but they are far less reprenensible than ISIS. All those poor people set on fire, that poor English woman who was filmed having her throat slit while she begged and cried - that was ISIS. A different league of evil. You can look it up if you have a couple of hours free to dip into the depths of hell.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Being reported on news agencies 10 US troups killed....if thats not enough to make Biden wake up I dont know what is?

to do what? reverse the withdrawal, and break out of a surrounded Kabul airport to take back the country? dont have to be a military strategist to understand how quickly and how badly that would go pear-shaped.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Trump was also in favour of walking away but was too busy being a mad prick to get on with the job.

No, but you carry on blaming left wingers if it fits your narrative.

And whatbout that old extreme left winger Lord Mountbatten who took us out of India? That went well....

Not sure if you're that bothered about what goes on in the world, with that axe you are so keen to grind, but the retreat from Afghanistan was wrong in my view. The Americans should have remained there forever, till the locals had finally grasped the nettle. As long as it takes. So we agree. A pity therefore that you derailed your narrative by seeking to score imaginary left versus right points.

The right wing anti Biden campaign is tedious, and a pathetic rerun of the same old bollocks directed at Bill Clinton, his missus, Obama and every other Democrat who has stood up abover the parapet. To call this lot left wing is ludicrous. Hilary liked to grandstand to the rust belt but she was a different voice elsewhere (which I found nauseating; albeit less so than Trump). They are all more right wing than Boris. Beware confirmation bias.
The BBC noted that a page on the Republican Party's official website praising Donald Trump's negotiations and final deal to withdraw from Afghanistan as a resounding success.....has been quietly removed without comment.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
ISIS are many times worse than the Taliban. The Taliban may shoot some westerners left after deadline day. ISIS will certainly rape and torture every foreigner and any local who doesn't instantly join ISIS.

The blithe English attitude that all 'w*gs' are the same is never helpful.

Short memory.
There are plenty of historical Taliban victims who would beg to differ.
The Taliban massacred thousands in the late 90`s, Hazara Shias were one ethnic group that were particularly targeted.
The Taliban tortured and brutalised countless numbers of people when they took over back then, they raped and murdered women and children and thousands of women simply disappeared for reasons too dreadful to think about. Their brutal regime is well documented by amnesty and human rights organisations.
The Taliban and the Islamic State are of the same ilk.
Evil tossers.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
to do what? reverse the withdrawal, and break out of a surrounded Kabul airport to take back the country? dont have to be a military strategist to understand how quickly and how badly that would go pear-shaped.

Nobody is saying they should reinvade the country...Biden needs to wake up and realise he cant negotiate with the Taliban....( they dont have the know how or the arms to stop ISIS)
The US military is the biggest and strongest in the wester world and he gives in to the Taliban......no wonder most americans are feeling humiliated.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Defense secretary briefed Pelosi and Schumer on Afghanistan today

From CNN's Ryan Nobles

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was briefed on the situation in Afghanistan by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin by phone today, her spokesperson Drew Hammill tells CNN.*

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has also been briefed by the defense secretary on the situation, according to a statement from his office.

“I strongly condemn this act of terrorism and it must be clear to the world that the terrorists who perpetrated this will be sought and brought to justice,"*Schumer*said in the statement.*

This is how the US will most probably return, special forces... IMO

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/afghanistan-news-taliban-refugees-08-26-21-intl/index.html

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I agree.

And it seems the acceptable level of collateral damage has gone through the roof. It wasn't so long ago that a nation would be bombed or invaded if one American citizen was taken, there.

Another point, the politicians have been called out for playing politics. But the buck always stops with the electorate. If US citizens keep voting for shithousery then what do we expect? In the brief peried when they had a dignified and wise President they went and elected a hostile congress and senate to thwart his every move.

If Biden does go back in then I will hold my hands up and accept that he is a senile sleepy Joe. In the meantime I'm in camp [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. I can't see how it could happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here