Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice for the 96!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Care to tell us where your 500 vCash has been spent today Spadge? Dont think we need to try too hard to work it out. You've lumped on the Scousers havent you?!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If Liverpool fans sing "Justice for the 96!" will we sing along to help have the voices heard

not a chance of that from me. I sing Brighton songs and only Brighton songs.

You go on about not good enough to be told they were crushed to death but that is what happened. Time to let the dead rest in peace.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
He means that the HOME fans don't join in.

Ok thats a fair point

Guess just that i was aware of the petition we might get behind there campaign.

I have heard home teams singing with them when its been anniversary's etc.

I'll spray my hair green for Fridays game then and give Plymouth my support.

That closes this thread then.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well living so far away I wont be there (but its on TV here for the first time I think since 83) but wonder if people are being too precious here.... on all sides. Nothing wrong with joining in with Liverpool fans for justice for the 96 but equally really not a good reason to stop helping Plymouth if no one joins in.

If I was there would probably join in if those around me did.... cattle mentality I know but thats what we do.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Well living so far away I wont be there (but its on TV here for the first time I think since 83) but wonder if people are being too precious here.... on all sides. Nothing wrong with joining in with Liverpool fans for justice for the 96 but equally really not a good reason to stop helping Plymouth if no one joins in.

If I was there would probably join in if those around me did.... cattle mentality I know but thats what we do.

Nice post Sully

Looks like we look after our own in this part of the country and the majority has spoken.

Theres nothing to see here, move along! lol

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and do we know what JUSTICE would look like here???? It's been going on for so long that I am not sure quite what the campaign is trying to achieve.

There have been numerous enquiries into this. We know what happend, why it happned and what the results were.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
OMG!

You must be tone deaf if you never hear the fans sing that when there on the TV.

Yes. Liverpool fans.

No offence but I won't be singing. Feel free, but it's not my bag.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Nice post Sully

Looks like we look after our own in this part of the country and the majority has spoken.

Theres nothing to see here, move along! lol

Spadge

Appreciate no one died (albeit our club nearly did!), but care to briefly outline what you did in our fight against Archer, as judging by your stance on Hillsborough, you seem to be a passionate fan who must have got heavily involved in our fight for our club?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Why is there a need to blame anyone? Mistakes were made (by the police, the fans, and the stadium staff), lessons have been learnt.

Yes, it's tragic people have died, but from adversity come a lot of changes to football that has made it the family safe sport it is now.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

This is the best post on here.

seagulls

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I am not aware of any request from the JF96 campaign for help at this time. They asked for help to gain a new commons debate. They have this debate now and I believe are waiting to see what this new debate/release of documents brings.

Not sure what more there is to get involved in at this point.

Plymouth on the other hand need our help - simples.

Tonight - sing your heart for the lads

Friday - Go green, RIDSDALE OUT then sing your heart out for the lads

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As previously stated with the petition going to Downing Street and the fact out lovely new stadium is on Sky tonight there is a small link! If it wasnt for the Taylor report i can guarentee you we wouldnt be sitting in a £90 million all seater stadium! Would of probably been a £25 million stadium with 15000 terrace capacity

Yep, Taylor report has got a f***ing lot to answer for. Ruined football :angry:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Basically just to clear it up all i am asking is the following:

Firstly i am not asking anybody to support Liverpool tonight, get behind the Albion and cheers us on to victory.

If Liverpool fans sing "Justice for the 96!" will we sing along to help have the voices heard

Going to a football match, losing a son and daughter and being told they were crush in my eyes in not good enough, they deserve a full and transparent enquiry to give the families answers they deserve and let them move on.

Are we prepared to help the voices be heard or do we just sit there in silence?

If I hear anyone in the north singing that it'll get a round of boooing from me

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Now can me a synic but if your going to release the files surely you shoudl release all of them not just the few you fancy?

That is the standard default action of all government departments - do not give out any information unless you absolutely have to.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I was travelling with Albion fans on Saturday who were at Hillsborough on that tragic day in the Liverpool end and one of them were saying it still haunts him to this day, all Liverpool fans need answers. This topic was brought up on the way home and went on for quite a while.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
all Liverpool fans need answers.

But this campaign isn't about answers. Every man and his dog knows what happened.

What they want is for someone to admit culpability. I don't think that's going to help anyone, if they achieve their goal I bet none of the people directly involved in JF96 will feel any better, all they have achieved is dredging up the grief over and over and over and over and over again.

Also it's an opportunity for plastic scousers like spadge and aldo to jump on the bandwagon prove their scouse credentials. Now that IS cynical

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here