Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice for the 96!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Taylor report actually said that terraces were not inheriantly unsafe - it was Thatcher's government who chose to interpret it that way.

Well, as you say, the report gave Thatcher and Moynihan the remit to abolish terracing, at least in the top 2 divisions (a nonsense in itself - an overcrowded terrace in the 4th division is no less unsafe than an overcrowded terrace in the 1st division, its just a question of numbers).

My point is, contrary to Spadges claims, we don't have the Taylor Report or the 96 fans who died to "thank" for the glorious Amex. Without re-writing history, it would still have happened, except we'd still have had terracing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Well, as you say, the report gave Thatcher and Moynihan the remit to abolish terracing, at least in the top 2 divisions (a nonsense in itself - an overcrowded terrace in the 4th division is no less unsafe than an overcrowded terrace in the 1st division, its just a question of numbers).

My point is, contrary to Spadges claims, we don't have the Taylor Report or the 96 fans who died to "thank" for the glorious Amex. Without re-writing history, it would still have happened, except we'd still have had terracing.

Agree with you there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well Spadge could you at least list specific questions that you feel remain unanswered that aren't covered in the various inquiries and reports already published. As far as I am aware the crux of the issue is that the Police made a decision to alleviate one problem and in doing so created another. It wasn't done deliberately and the consequences were terrible but I fail to see exactly what benefit will be gained other than potentially some obtaining compensation.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Well Spadge could you at least list specific questions that you feel remain unanswered that aren't covered in the various inquiries and reports already published. As far as I am aware the crux of the issue is that the Police made a decision to alleviate one problem and in doing so created another. It wasn't done deliberately and the consequences were terrible but I fail to see exactly what benefit will be gained other than potentially some obtaining compensation.

Boom!!! It's just about having a chance to sue someone and making a buck our two.

/cynic

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No that will be me in that photo.

And I'll be there tonight!

SS

As clearly a genuine Albion fan with a passion for JFT96, would be genuinely interested to hear your take on this thread. Not the specifics of the disaster, but on whether Spadge has gone about his quest in the right way, and whether you deem the responses he has got as fair?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
What gets me there were 2 Taylor reports we only hear about 1

seagulls

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
SS

As clearly a genuine Albion fan with a passion for JFT96, would be genuinely interested to hear your take on this thread. Not the specifics of the disaster, but on whether Spadge has gone about his quest in the right way, and whether you deem the responses he has got as fair?

I think your find if you read the very 1st post i made it was quiet civilised and a genuine question to ask if anybody would sing it before i got lynched and told it was a sob story that had gone on to long.

I admit i got frustrated here, but manly due to the lynch mob tactics here with only a few seing the compasionate side of it.

You comments would be most welcome JFT96

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I admit i got frustrated here, but manly due to the lynch mob tactics here with only a few seing the compasionate side of it. JFT96

You asked, I and others declined, you got mouthy. End of thread.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think your find if you read the very 1st post i made it was quiet civilised and a genuine question to ask if anybody would sing it before i got lynched and told it was a sob story that had gone on to long.

I admit i got frustrated here, but manly due to the lynch mob tactics here with only a few seing the compasionate side of it.

You comments would be most welcome JFT96

I wasnt talking to you! You have made your views very clear!!

I was asking ShanklySeagull.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
That, sunshine, is a complete load of bollocks.

You flounced in post no.10 on this thread way before anyone started on your sanctimonious crusade of thinking no-one cared.

I didnt flonce on post number 10, i was just mearly stating that nearly every team has an issue to raise, the scars of hillsborough will remain for a long time and i am a firm believer families need answers, and if there going to get a bit of compo in the process then so be it.

Nobody and i repeat nobody deserves to go to a football match a lose their life.

Maybe my wording was not quiet what it should have been and i apologise for that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Maybe we should tell every one to forget Fans United and wearing green to the Leeds and Palace games!?!

I am not that fickle and will support other teams causes if there worth while

Justice for the 96 and keeping Plymouth in excistence are definately worth supporting!

Jeez if every fan had the attitude of some then would we be sitting in out nice new stadium now? i dont think so in MHO!

I didnt flonce on post number 10, i was just mearly stating that nearly every team has an issue to raise, the scars of hillsborough will remain for a long time and i am a firm believer families need answers, and if there going to get a bit of compo in the process then so be it.

Nobody and i repeat nobody deserves to go to a football match a lose their life.

Maybe my wording was not quiet what it should have been and i apologise for that.

Spot the difference.

You spat your dummy out because of the lukewarm reception you got to your idea.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Maybe we should tell every one to forget Fans United and wearing green to the Leeds and Palace games!?!

I am not that fickle and will support other teams causes if there worth while

Justice for the 96 and keeping Plymouth in excistence are definately worth supporting!

Jeez if every fan had the attitude of some then would we be sitting in out nice new stadium now? i dont think so in MHO!

Really? Looks flouncy to me.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Spot the difference.

You spat your dummy out because of the lukewarm reception you got to your idea.

No not really.

Is the plight of plymouth any different form those that have lost loved ones?

One is a football club, the other is human suffering!

Football clubs collapse but can be resurrected, Aldershot proving that!

My point was BOTH items are important to fans of those respective clubs, two totally different issues but two equally important to those respective fans.

I think the re-action to my comment sums it up.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
As we sit down in our seats tonight to watch the Mighty Albion take on the historically proud Liverpool how many of us will actually remember the reasons we sit in a fantastic stadium???

Ok so we had our home sold from under our feet and was left homeless for years but there is another factor to the superb facilities we now treasure.

15th April 1989 changed the fans view of football in regards to how we now get to watch our teams play, Hillsborough!!
:down:
96 Fans that went to watch there team play just like we do every saturday.

The families of these 96 still have a lot of unanswered questions and anybody who witnessed the incidents on Television footage and documentaries will realise it was not just a case of fans forcing they way in to the stadium.

Tonight we should be proud to sit in our comfortable seats and remember those 96 who tragically lost their lives

I know that if a member of my family lost there lives in such tragic circumstances i would want to know the real facts to give me some peace.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96!

Who will sing along as fans in a united community watching the game we love in the new stadium we love?

We got so much support from Fans United, maybe its time to keep united and make a little repayment by supporting another important cause.

:amex:

I for one will, who will join me?

What about justice for the 39 from Heysel?

Wall pushing, Bin Dipping Tracksuit wearing Scouse Scum

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Spadge, do yourself a favour and put this down to experience. When a newbie arrives on this board and upsets people, in however a minor way, they generally get 'raped' so to speak. Wind your neck in, and come back another day and re-introduce yourself. If you carry on with this topic there can only be one loser, you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here