Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice for the 96!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No not really.

Is the plight of plymouth any different form those that have lost loved ones?

One is a football club, the other is human suffering!

Football clubs collapse but can be resurrected, Aldershot proving that!

My point was BOTH items are important to fans of those respective clubs, two totally different issues but two equally important to those respective fans.

I think the re-action to my comment sums it up.

There you go again - sanctimoniously lecturing people as if they don't know the difference between right and wrong, or that no-one felt something terrible on 15th April 1989.

The vitriolic reaction was to your dummy-spitting and sermonising, not to your original post.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'll be honest, I'm a bit confused by all this talk of 'Justice'.

The facts from what I've seen is that various people made various mistakes which led to an absolutely horrible string of events. No one planned it.

What type of justice are people looking for?

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Spadge, do yourself a favour and put this down to experience. When a newbie arrives on this board and upsets people, in however a minor way, they generally get 'raped' so to speak. Wind your neck in, and come back another day and re-introduce yourself. If you carry on with this topic there can only be one loser, you.

Fair play wellquickwoody

So frustrating that some people walk around with blinkers on though!

The facts from what I've seen is that various people made various mistakes which led to an absolutely horrible string of events. No one planned it.

The type of justice with £'s attached i fear.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Replace the word Justice with Compensation and you'll be nearer the mark.

As I said earlier, mistakes were made and lessons learnt. Unfortunate, YES. Deliberate, NO.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If a structural engineer makes a mistake and a structure falls down killing someone and he is found to be negligent, then he could go to prison. If someone is negligent in their duty to others, then rightly they can be convicted in the criminal courts. Some of the families of the '96 will know their loved one died and there wasn't much could be done. Others will want to know whether their loved one was still alive after the initial event, but died because there was no ambulances or help for them due to woeful organisation etc. I can totally understand why they would want to know every detail about the events that day.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

As I said earlier, mistakes were made and lessons learnt. Unfortunate, YES. Deliberate, NO.

I don't necessarily see that as the prime motivator here, though it would be a convenient, maybe even welcome happenstance if that occured. Some questions still do need answering.

However, it's Spadge's myopic grief fascism that grates.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If a structural engineer makes a mistake and a structure falls down killing someone and he is found to be negligent, then he could go to prison. If someone is negligent in their duty to others, then rightly they can be convicted in the criminal courts. Some of the families of the '96 will know their loved one died and there wasn't much could be done. Others will want to know whether their loved one was still alive after the initial event, but died because there was no ambulances or help for them due to woeful organisation etc. I can totally understand why they would want to know every detail about the events that day.

Can you please tell me which questions remain unanswered as I believe all the points you raise have been addressed in the various reports.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Indeed, the only deliberate act was those looking for, and by the authorities grave error, successfully attempting to gain entry and not having a ticket. Something many Liverpool fans take delight in. I know a couple of them that watched Liverpool during their childhood and never paid. They reckon the Kop used to have easily double the amount of fans it was licensed for.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Who will you be supporting?

If you view previous posts you'll know my first team - however I've followed BHA since the 80's and been a STH at Withdean and now Amex...so tonight I will be in my stripes proudly supporting the Seagulls alongside my son.

SEAGULLS!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
SS

As clearly a genuine Albion fan with a passion for JFT96, would be genuinely interested to hear your take on this thread. Not the specifics of the disaster, but on whether Spadge has gone about his quest in the right way, and whether you deem the responses he has got as fair?

Chimneys - I think the reaction wasn't suprising....its a broad church on here and everyone has there own view. I think Spadge started well but fell away as the responses weren't quite as expected. I obviously lean to LFC's history and point of view, but I wouldn't expect to air things on here and get a pro-response...its a Brighton site after all.

I'm looking forward to the match tonight - I hope we play well and put a stern test on for the Reds. If they sing Justice I would personally be proud of BHA if we all responded to take the opportunity to raise the issue on Sky and show our footballing supporting solidarity, but I will understand and accept it if the stands around me stay quiet.

Indeed, the only deliberate act was those looking for, and by the authorities grave error, successfully attempting to gain entry and not having a ticket. Something many Liverpool fans take delight in. I know a couple of them that watched Liverpool during their childhood and never paid. They reckon the Kop used to have easily double the amount of fans it was licensed for.

Point of order please.

The amount of fans outside was not only because of no tickets, there were travel delays that day and this was before delayed kick off's, also if memory serves Beardsley came close and the crowd inside got excited thus causing a virtual stampede to get in to see what happened.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Point of order please.

The amount of fans outside was not only because of no tickets, there were travel delays that day and this was before delayed kick off's, also if memory serves Beardsley came close and the crowd inside got excited thus causing a virtual stampede to get in to see what happened.

Its not a point of order. Totally agree with your statement but and its a big but Liverpool supporters were notorious for turning up without tickets. Yes there were problems regarding transport and yes there were those still outside with tickets. The stand was licensed for a safe amount of supporters, one more and it can be deemed unsafe.

My problem is not dealing with the authorities but with the victims families unwillingness to blame their own with equal measure!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Chimneys - I think the reaction wasn't suprising....its a broad church on here and everyone has there own view. I think Spadge started well but fell away as the responses weren't quite as expected. I obviously lean to LFC's history and point of view, but I wouldn't expect to air things on here and get a pro-response...its a Brighton site after all.

I'm looking forward to the match tonight - I hope we play well and put a stern test on for the Reds. If they sing Justice I would personally be proud of BHA if we all responded to take the opportunity to raise the issue on Sky and show our footballing supporting solidarity, but I will understand and accept it if the stands around me stay quiet.

The voice of reason (at last)...

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
What club didn't bunk back in the day. This was not the only occasion this happened here, i remember my dad telling me about another game there totally different teams

seagulls

Its not a point of order. Totally agree with your statement but and its a big but Liverpool supporters were notorious for turning up without tickets. Yes there were problems regarding transport and yes there were those still outside with tickets. The stand was licensed for a safe amount of supporters, one more and it can be deemed unsafe.

My problem is not dealing with the authorities but with the victims families unwillingness to blame their own with equal measure!

Fair enough, the thing I remember though is the gate that was opened was right behind the middle pen of the Leppings lane end and everyone just surged straight forward through the tunnel, the side pens were nowhere near full so It can never really be blamed by too many people in the entire stand just the middle pen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here